ADVERTISEMENT

Name the album game

J_Dee

Junior
Mar 21, 2008
A companion thread to Glenn's music trivia thread.

I'll post a fragment from an album cover. You get one point for each correct cover named.

First up:

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rudd1
I amended the rules. I'll post all the fragments and just keep a scoreboard.

Gassy: 1
Everybody else: 0

Number two:

Clipboard01.jpg

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Yep. Released October 8, 1980, it reached 19 on the US Billboard Top 200.

Kaizer Sosay: 1

Number three:

Clipboard01.jpg

Hint: a Whitney Houston cover from this album was a record-breaking hit.

Yep. :)

H. Lecter: 1

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg

20x platinum.

rudd1: 1

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg

The last Maiden album before Bruce Dickinson replaced Paul Di'Anno, and the first with Adrian Smith and producer Martin Birch.

rudd1: 2

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg

I pretty much only know music from the mid '70s to late '90s. XD

rudd1: 3

You can now ask one Yes/No question between updates -- ie, "Is this album from the 1960s?" or "Did this album win a Grammy?" Anything relevant like that. =)

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Hints: this artist isn't from America or Europe. This album came out in the 1990s.

It's Devin Townsend's Ocean Machine: Biomech. =)

You can ask one Yes/No question between updates -- ie, "Is this album from the 1960s?" or "Did this album win a Grammy?" Anything relevant like that. =)

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
It's Devin Townsend's Ocean Machine: Biomech. =)

You can ask one Yes/No question between updates -- ie, "Is this album from the 1960s?" or "Did this album win a Grammy?" Anything relevant like that. =)

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg
The Monkees Headquarters.

I'm very good at guessing songs, but I don't pay that much attention to album covers unless it's a Sergeant Pepper's type cover.

Reactions: J_Dee and rudd1
The Monkees' third album and their third consecutive Billboard number 1 album. =)

the nail at the foul line: 1

You can ask one Yes/No question between updates -- like, "Is this album from the 1960s?" or "Did this album win a Grammy?" Anything relevant like that. =)

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg

Hint 1: this album features a track co-written by a famous author.

Yep. Michael Moorcock co-wrote the opening track, Black Blade, which is about Stormbringer. =)

rudd1: 4
the nail at the foul line: 1

You can ask one Yes/No question between updates -- like, "Is this album from the 1960s?" or "Did this album win a Grammy?" Anything relevant like that. =)

Next:

Clipboard01.jpg

Huh. So this is what it feels like to be Calipari. I have all this talent...and yet only one title to show for it.
Rudd is like the UCONN Women of this thread. You are like Stanford. If we are comparing this thread to women's basketball, why not? Gassy was like La Tech, H Lecter was like Baylor with Griner and I am like Texas AM.

ADVERTISEMENT