ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

I dig his effort, but the kid always makes a critical turnover and drives the ball into an immediate rejection in the waning moments.

he’s a spaz.
Sometimes you can see the improvement. Sometimes he reverts.

Around the 6 min mark, he hit a 3 to put us up 12. I thought we were safe. Thirty seconds later, he passed to an Auburn player for an easy 2, the lead was down to 6.

Big Dawg Vince has said the same thing for a few years now. He said the best athletes in the state used to play basketball first, but now football is the #1 sport in the state.

Fine with me!

College basketball sucks, and I guess from a numbers standpoint, it makes more sense for kids to try and get a football scholarship.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
In no particular order of what I can remember from Lexington. Lots of walk-ons at UK, of course.

Frank Minnifield
Dawson et al. from Station
Kickers Akers (TC) and Nickles (Dunbar)
Jed Wills and Landon Young (Lafayette) and Walker Wood, I guess.
Burton and Crowder (Douglass) next year at UK
Dougie Allen
Aaron and Shane Boyd (HC)
Beau Allen
Dante Key (does WKU count?)

Likely missing a bunch but the fact that 6 of those have been really recent is saying something.

Honestly I’m surprised there aren’t a bunch more d1/pro baseball players from here as crazy as this town is about the sport.

Frank Minnifield was one helluva DB at Henry Clay in the late 70’s.

He went to UofL as a walk-on because everyone (including UK) thought he was too small to play D-1. “They” were wrong. He was only a walk-on for 1 year...last 3 on full scholly. Went on to play for the Cleveland Browns in the 80’s & early 90’s and made 3 or 4 Pro Bowls.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

True heroes

A44-EE88-A-40-BC-468-B-B3-C5-3468-BD18-F161.jpg

You can't get covid if you eat Blue Bell.

Soooo...Football is the new Basketball in the state of Kentucky. Got it.

They got any QB’s in Kentucky that can throw the ball further than 20 yards accurately? Asking for a friend that isn’t quite sold on the concept above just yet.

Well, you can go eat snow, Kaiz. I'm here to tell you, and Mark Stoops is here to tell you, THIS IS A FOOTBALL STATE NOW. Tune in tonight at whatever time in case you're confused about the current state of Kentucky basketball.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
@AustinTXCat are you still alive?
ATC is fine...because OG Middlesboro country boys can survive. Plus he’s ex-military.

Mofo is probably out meandering about on his bicycle like nothing happened...stopping occasionally only to dig in the snow & ice with his bare hands looking for loose change on the side of the road.

I’m not going to say anything crazy or absurd. I’m just gonna throw two random numbers out there and let you jackals discuss them. The first number is...15. The second number is...I don’t know...ummmm...lets just randomly say it’s 13.

Discuss.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
In no particular order of what I can remember from Lexington. Lots of walk-ons at UK, of course.

Frank Minnifield
Dawson et al. from Station
Kickers Akers (TC) and Nickles (Dunbar)
Jed Wills and Landon Young (Lafayette) and Walker Wood, I guess.
Burton and Crowder (Douglass) next year at UK
Dougie Allen
Aaron and Shane Boyd (HC)
Beau Allen
Dante Key (does WKU count?)

Likely missing a bunch but the fact that 6 of those have been really recent is saying something.

Honestly I’m surprised there aren’t a bunch more d1/pro baseball players from here as crazy as this town is about the sport.
Bryan Station produced Dermontti Dawson, Marc Logan and Cornell Burbage during the 80s. Dawson was a beast at the pro level. Logan spent 11 years in the NFL and got a ring with the 49ers. Burbage played 2 seasons with the Cowboys. He also served as head coach for Kentucky State for a season in 2004.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
ADVERTISEMENT