ADVERTISEMENT

N.O.B.

My parents were married for 58 years before my mom died. They had maybe 2-3 arguments in my lifetime with them. Never cussed. They never allowed kids to pit one against the other. Full respect.

Old school.

My wife and I argue 2-3x/hour.

My wife and I have been married nearly 54 years (been together over 55 years) and have never had an argument. True story, but I know no one would believe it. That is attributed to her refusal to argue. Has never nagged or raised her voice to me.

Really old school.

Last edited:
shti, my mom complained to me about my step dad both alive and dead, complains to me about her brothers and sisters, my step sister and my sister. i just chalk it up to her being a woman. i can put the phone down and get some shit done and pick it up and not a miss a beat. i love her though. can't replace your momma.

shti, my mom complained to me about my step dad both alive and dead, complains to me about her brothers and sisters, my step sister and my sister. i just chalk it up to her being a woman. i can put the phone down and get some shit done and pick it up and not a miss a beat. i love her though. can't replace your momma.

Haha

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
What do you goons use for keeping track of your checking account and savings? I've had several iterations of Microsoft Money since about 2001, but it's about one Windows update from never working again, I'd imagine. Thought about making my own in Excel. I don't mind online products, but need to be able to account for checks that are still out in it.

Anyone use something like Acorns to round up your debit card purchases and put the change away? Seems like a good way to put back a little cash to play around with at some point. Probably could do that with Excel too.

Yes, that last one kind of sounds like the plot of Office Space.

What do you goons use for keeping track of your checking account and savings? I've had several iterations of Microsoft Money since about 2001, but it's about one Windows update from never working again, I'd imagine. Thought about making my own in Excel. I don't mind online products, but need to be able to account for checks that are still out in it.

Anyone use something like Acorns to round up your debit card purchases and put the change away? Seems like a good way to put back a little cash to play around with at some point. Probably could do that with Excel too.

We use Money as well. With Windows 365, Microsoft is going full Apple with subscription services.

Funky, I went through the Micro$ Money thing, too.

Honestly, I keep a constant running total in my head, and use ATM withdrawals and emails therefrom for backup.

Looked hard at Acorn until my primary bank (Bank of America) achieved the same result. Here in Texas, mandated via state law, 6 withdrawals on the debit card come without fees. I chose BOA because I can withdraw funds from checking through Deutschbank with only a 3 Euro surcharge when traveling back to Germany.

OK. wild story. So I come across this ad for German speakers here in ATX.

Speak German? Love Boosted Boards? Want to play w/ them at work?.

Never heard of these touchers until last Friday. Where the hell is the German (.de) website? I'm thinking about applying for some weekend work.

So, I text my son in Germany. He's never heard of this bunch. Text my ex nephew in Switzerland. Same answer.

WTF????

Austin. You should google "austin back pages"
Hey, bro. I always say, if it's gonna happen, it will happen to me. True story.

I love start-ups. I speak German with near-fluency, but good grief! And I can still ride a skateboard at 55 years old.

I'm gonna apply anyway. That space is very familiar to my old ass. But, damn, man, at least don't play Homer Simpson. Shit.

Hey, bro. I always say, if it's gonna happen, it will happen to me. True story.

I love start-ups. I speak German with near-fluency, but good grief! And I can still ride a skateboard at 55 years old.

I'm gonna apply anyway. That space is very familiar to my old ass. But, damn, man, at least don't play Homer Simpson. Shit.

Austin back pages man. That's where its at

Reactions: AustinTXCat
ADVERTISEMENT