ADVERTISEMENT

My kid is a champion tonight

ruppcat

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
My son's rec league team won their championship game tonight 52-36. It was his first year playing organized ball. Just darn proud of him for what he and his teammates accomplished. The team they beat tonight had previously beaten them by one in the regular season.

They had one kid who could drive but not much of a shot. The rest of the team weren't good shooters either. So our coach, instead of playing man-to-man as we had all season, came out in a zone defense. They packed the lane and dared the other guys to shoot.

My kid got a good look at a three but it was a little long; but he snagged a rebound and a steal and played solid defense. He comes in off the bench. But tonight his minutes were limited due to the tightness of the game. Our guys pulled away late third quarter. Started getting a little chippy at the end as the other team started fouling with about 1:30 to go when they were down by 17.

I told my son he will wake up when he's my age and think back and know he was a champion.

There's nothing like winning.

Same thing happened to me on the other end of it. We lost to the best team in the league in the semis. We beat them by 1 early in the year. They went zone against us and our shots didn’t fall. They got some steals and we collapsed. I am terrible coaching against zone, so it was my fault we lost. I hate zone, especially at that age (3rd/4th grade).

• Sad
Reactions: ruppcat
I’m getting shooter vibes from this thread. But good for your son, that’s awesome.

MV5BYjBiMDA5YjQtM2YzNy00YjQ1LWE4Y2MtZDc2MDU0MWM4ODA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Same thing happened to me on the other end of it. We lost to the best team in the league in the semis. We beat them by 1 early in the year. They went zone against us and our shots didn’t fall. They got some steals and we collapsed. I am terrible coaching against zone, so it was my fault we lost. I hate zone, especially at that age (3rd/4th grade).
don't feel bad..............ccc gets paid 9 million a year & can't coach against a zone or teach how to play a zone

don't feel bad..............ccc gets paid 9 million a year & can't coach against a zone or teach how to play a zone
Take that hate somewhere else. This was a cool post bragging on his kid. Good for him being a champion.

Correction. Your kid is always a champion. Trophy presentations regardless man, 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT