ADVERTISEMENT

My full bracket (assuming Uconn losses)

The_Answer1313

All-American
May 27, 2007
NCAA Predictions (assuming Uconn losses)
Midwest
1 Kentucky
16 Texas Soutern/Hampton
8 St. Johns
9 Ohio St.
5 West Virginia
12 Stephen F Austin
4 North Carolina
13 Harvard
6 Utah
11 Texas
3 Iowa St.
14 New Mexico St.
7 Michigan St.
10 NC State
2 Gonzaga
15 UAB

West
1 Wisconsin
16 Robert Morris/Lafayette
8 Cincinnati
9 Colorado St.
5 Georgetown
12 Wofford
4 Oklahoma
13 Georgia St.
6 SMU
11 Perdue/Indiana
3 Notre Dame
14 UC Irvine
7 San Diego St.
10 BYU
2 Arizona
15 Coastal Carolina
South
1 Duke
16 North Florida
8 Xavier
9 Oregon
5 Arkansas
12 Valparaiso
4 Northern Iowa
13 Wyoming
6 VCU
11 Georgia/BYU
3 Maryland
14 Northeastern
7 Iowa
10 Temple
2 Kansas
15 Albany
East
1 Villanova
16 Manhattan
8 Oklahoma St.
9 Dayton
5 Wichita St.
12 Buffalo
4 Louisville
13 Eastern Washington
6 Butler
11 LSU
3 Baylor
14 North Dakota St.
7 Providence
10 Davidson
2 Virginia
15 Belmont

This post was edited on 3/15 4:14 PM by The_Answer1313

if wichita state isn't the 4 or 5 on our side of the region i will be speechless.

Originally posted by UK_Is_Good:
Wichita State and Northern Iowa can't meet in a 4/5 game.
Good call. I figured I had some discrepancies

Swapped Arkansas and Wichita St.

This was based most on geography and rules and procedures. The Midwest was always going to be the toughest region guys.

This post was edited on 3/15 4:14 PM by The_Answer1313

This post was edited on 3/15 4:15 PM by The_Answer1313

Great time and effort, looks good, but ND out west? I think they are 100% lock to be our 3. Why don't you? Not bashing you, just curious. Good job with the bracket.

Originally posted by UKWildcats#8:
Great time and effort, looks good, but ND out west? I think they are 100% lock to be our 3. Why don't you? Not bashing you, just curious. Good job with the bracket.
I got Iowa St as my 9th team and Notre Dame as my 10th team.

That's really the only reason.

ISU went Midwest.

You can't place ND in the South (Duke) or East (UVA) so they went West.

But they could EASILY be in the MW.

Iowa St has 12 wins against RPI Top 50 competition......half of them on the road/neutral sites. I know as a Big 12 school they have more opportunities but that just to me is alot better than ND which I think had 7 wins against RPI top 50
This post was edited on 3/15 4:23 PM by The_Answer1313

That's the thing about this.......even with geography.......slight movement on a line can affect things big time.

For example if ND did go MW, then UNC wouldn't be in our bracket as the 4. Everything affects everything else.

First off I admire your effort in putting the whole thing together. I didn't look at all of it. First 16, and UK's bracket. Nice job. I doubt we get Gonzaga, but I think St John's/OSU a reasonable 8/9, and won't be surprised to see WVu, UNC, Utah, Texas, Iowa St, Mich. St., and NC St. in our bracket. No one could accuse the NCAA of giving us an easy path. And they won't.

Another thing I've learned from doing these brackets the past couple of years is this. Once you get to around the 5 line and down it's not so much following geography with the regions but rather the first two round sites.

So say you got a team like Utah who say is the best 5 seed. You've seeded the 4 seeds already and some went to Portland and Seattle (the 4 seeds usually get assigned these places cause it's the only thing that's left).

So in my bracket actually my 4 seed in the West played their games in Jacksonville and my 4 seed in the East played their first round games in Seattle. In this case Utah would actually be sent to the East region, not West. Same goes for seeds afterwards.

This can all change this year obviously but I found geography means much more with the first two round games instead of the regionals. That somewhat helps the regions get balanced a tiny bit. Of course that's still not going to always matter. UK is playing their first round games in Louisville so it doesn't have much an effect there. It's just when you get down to the last 3s and 4s things do jump a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT