ADVERTISEMENT

My favorite memories from the Calipari Era

TJWalkersBurner

Senior
Silver Member
Jun 24, 2021
1) the build up to the announcement

The door. The news slowly leaking out and changing from really unlikely, to possible, to where there’s smoke there’s fire, to it’s happening. The presser. It was just all awesome.

2) John wall committing

I’ll never forget waking up and seeing the news we’d landed him. It felt like we were absolutely back and the coolest school in the country.

3) Getting back to the final four in 2011

The Knight elbow jumper. That finger point and smile at Liggins in the elite 8 game. You just couldn’t have drawn it up better. Was like a movie.

4) Anthony Davis’s entire career here

The most dominant college basketball player on both ends of the court I’ve ever seen, and may ever see. Just absolutely overwhelming teams with talent. And bringing in celebs like Lebron, Jay Z, etc. And of course, the title. Just amazing.

5) The 2014 tournament run.

It didn’t end how we wanted, but damn, every game up until the last one was just so, so awesome.

I haven’t exactly hid how I’ve felt about his tenure recently. I think him leaving is the best thing for this program. But man, that guy gave me some really, really fantastic memories that I’ll always cherish as a fan. While I’m glad to be turning the page, I’m sad that this last chapters over. I really hope one day when the bitter taste of the last several years is gone, we can welcome him back to Rupp and celebrate all the great times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.