ADVERTISEMENT

Murray State

They have a D1 level center, the top 3 point shooter in OVC history and a very athletic supporting cast.

They won't be in UK's path unless it's a regional final. They will be like an 11/12-seed.

Could be the regional semi final if they are a 12 and UK is a 1. If they were to win out, it may even happen in the second round if they wind up with an 8 or 9 seed.

Don’t think Murray will rise above a 10 but no one should want to play them in the tourney.

They don’t have the true transcendent player like Ja Morant but they are probably a better “team” than his that beat WVU in the first round his last year.

bracket matrix has them as an 8 seed right now. if they win out i think they’ll be a 7.

Some things are extremely predictable. UK will also have an early game against Memphis (assuming they make it) and Duke and Gonzaga will not be in the same bracket.

Not this year. 5 or 6 seed if they win the tournament.
This. How on Earth are people thinking a Top 20 team will be a 12 seed???

If they had some recent losses that hadn’t shown up in the rankings yet that would be different.

If Murray makes it to the dance because unfairly,they will have to win the OVC automatic bid.they are going to give somebody fits in that first game.They are a well coached team and despite not having a Morant,they play really good team basketball.They very well could make a little noise in March and run to the sweet 16

Not this year. 5 or 6 seed if they win the tournament.
I think they will be a 7 seed if they win the tournament. Their big man is a horse! He and Oscar would be a good battle. He could pull Oscar away from the basket. Could be a problem if the Cats aren't ready.

Reactions: drbubba
If Murray makes it to the dance because unfairly,they will have to win the OVC automatic bid.they are going to give somebody fits in that first game.They are a well coached team and despite not having a Morant,they play really good team basketball.They very well could make a little noise in March and run to the sweet 16
I think they will win the OVC Tournament, but I believe they will be in the tournament even if they don't!

Reactions: Catfan2226
This. How on Earth are people thinking a Top 20 team will be a 12 seed???

If they had some recent losses that hadn’t shown up in the rankings yet that would be different.
Agreed, but sometimes stranger things have happened. In 2002 I think Gonzaga was ranked 6th in the top 25 and got a 6 seed that year in the tournament. In 2004 Utah State went 25-3 but lost in their conference tournament, yet were still ranked in the top 25 but were left out of the NCAA Tournament. If you play in a mid/low major league, sometimes that does happen.

ADVERTISEMENT