ADVERTISEMENT

Moving Forward

Today we got NOTHING from the 3,4,or 5 spot. You don't beat anyone with that kind of production..Cal hasn't had a good power forward since Bam, and for his system to work he HAS to have one. This year we don't have decent 3 either. Recipe to beat UK this year, double and triple Oscar, put your best most physical guard on Wallace and dare the rest to beat you. I see no real way of improving our offense, you can't polish a turd. Only hope of improvement is teach these guys to play better defense and that requires toughness something g these guys don't seem to have
Bam played the 5. Derrick what you talkin bout Willis played the 4.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not at practice nor do I get paid 9 million a year to evaluate players and create Rosters but Livingston looked like the guy to play the 3 to me. Hopefully moving forward Cal will find some time for Thiero at the 3 and 4.

We really need consistent shooting from the 3. I think Cal thought Reeves would be that guy. If one of those 3 don't step up big I don't think we'll make the tournament.

Wallace will probably get it together at the
Biggest problem with Livingston is that he can’t pass / shoot or dribble other than that he makes a great 3 man

This team has to get more production from the 2 and 3 spots.

Everyone says we have the players but do we? Cason Wallace has not been good against top tier talent. I'm not knocking him because he's a freshman and will be very good at some point but he's yet to prove it against top 25 competition. We need him to be much better.
We haven't gotten much of anything from the 3 spot. Reeves and Livingston have not given us anything close to what we need from that spot.

Think about last year's team where most of the scoring came from Ty Ty and Grady at the 2 and 3 spots when we were playing well.

We should able to duplicate what we got from Brooks at the 4 and Oscar will be fine.

Toppin and Collins can give us plenty from the 4. Ugonna looked like he can help us moving forward as a back up for Oscar.

Wheeler is a damn good point guard and I was proud of his effort today.

We've got to get more from the shooting guard and the small forward position.

I love Ky Basketball and will not quit watching this team.
Toppin was 1-10 today. Don't think Collins scored but on a lob. Neither did much of anything.

You're just delusional.

The 4 spot is the biggest hole on this club. If you have a really good one nobody would be able to double Oscar. The 3 is the other hole, we don't have one that creat a basket slashing to the goal or hitting g the kick out 3. Our guards would look so much better if we had either

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Toppin was 1-10 today. Don't think Collins scored but on a lob. Neither did much of anything.

You're just delusional.
No, not delusional. Our whole team aside from Wheeler today was as abysmal as it gets. There were no shining moments. Moving forward I think we can match the production at the 4 from last season was my post. Also, pointing out the fact that we have not gotten what we need from the 2 and 3 which really you're right that we haven't gotten what we need in big games from the 4 either. I'm just giving my opinion that moving forward I think we can be fine at the 1, 4 and 5 spots.

To me the biggest problem with this years team is Cason hasn't been an equal replacement for Ty Ty as of yet. And even bigger we're not getting the production from the three. Last year when we were healthy the threes were flyin from Grady and Ty Ty. Oscar was doing his thing and it opened up the 4 for easy baskets a little more at least. Brooks was close to a stretch 4 with his midrange game and I can see Toppin playing to that level. He played well against LSU #7 in the SEC in Defensive Eff. and was clutch at the end of the game with the two free throws.

No, not delusional. Our whole team aside from Wheeler today was as abysmal as it gets. There were no shining moments. Moving forward I think we can match the production at the 4 from last season was my post. Also, pointing out the fact that we have not gotten what we need from the 2 and 3 which really you're right that we haven't gotten what we need in big games from the 4 either. I'm just giving my opinion that moving forward I think we can be fine at the 1, 4 and 5 spots.

To me the biggest problem with this years team is Cason hasn't been an equal replacement for Ty Ty as of yet. And even bigger we're not getting the production from the three. Last year when we were healthy the threes were flyin from Grady and Ty Ty. Oscar was doing his thing and it opened up the 4 for easy baskets a little more at least. Brooks was close to a stretch 4 with his midrange game and I can see Toppin playing to that level. He played well against LSU #7 in the SEC in Defensive Eff. and was clutch at the end of the game with the two free throws.
The problem is Cal. That problem ain't getting fixed. Bama looked superior to UK everywhere, including the coaching. Cal is done. Fire is out.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Biggest problem with Livingston is that he can’t pass / shoot or dribble other than that he makes a great 3 man
39.1% from 3 on the year. 44% overall which isn't great but not abysmal. 85% ft shooter.

Cal put him at the 3 because Reeves was gettin punched in the mouth. It's not really working. Reeves isn't working. Cj is hurt.

The problem is Cal. That problem ain't getting fixed. Bama looked superior to UK everywhere, including the coaching. Cal is done. Fire is out.
Well he did put together this roster, and the 9-16 one. I'm not fixated on that right now. I'm fixated on how can this team get better with our Coach for now. When the seasons over then I'm gonna start thinking about that. The fat lady aint sang.. although she's in the green room getting warmed up.

Reactions: Cawood86
The 4 spot is the biggest hole on this club. If you have a really good one nobody would be able to double Oscar. The 3 is the other hole, we don't have one that creat a basket slashing to the goal or hitting g the kick out 3. Our guards would look so much better if we had either
Some would argue having another big down low would further clog the lane and not create space like a modern offense. And Bam played the 5 at Ky. Derrick Willis was the 4. A true stretch 4 at that.

I'm not sure what a "modern offense" is or what an old offense is. But the talent is just not there to run either. That's completely on Cal for not having players here.

What contender could Wheeler or Toppin play for? What contender would Livingston start for? Where Ware go and play?

We have two players in Wallace and Oscar that any team in the country would love to have. The rest would be on the bench even if there were somewhere else.

It's more pronounced in league play because everyone knows these guys and everyone wants to beat UK so bad.

This is not only a roster lacking in talent, it's poorly constructed to use what talent there is here. This team can't guard. Even when they try to guard, they foul.

This team is terrible at the free throw line.

Cal says he can't hide you here. Well, he has to die these guys.

Even if everyone gets their wish and Cal leaves, he's not leaving during the season so we have to deal with what we have. Cal has to change how he's playing this team if we want to avoid a losing season.

My hope is Cal makes the best of this team and then moves on in the off season. If the recruits for next year follow him if he goes elsewhere or just don't come because he's not here it's OK. What can't be acceptable is to continue this path we are on now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT