ADVERTISEMENT

Most Improved, biggest surprise

I believe Livingston will be better than most seem to expect. Toppin will be more productive because he will play more. Either Collins or Ware will take a big step forward but not both.

Bryce Hopkins
I was think Allen averaging 15 a game at Western.
Now the real answers:
I hope Toppin and Wheeler are most improved
Collins the surprise, because we still don’t know what he will bring.
And I won’t pick a most disappointing player because they all try and nobody wants to lose.

What makes anyone think that Toppin will be improved? He’s been in college for three seasons and still hasn’t learned the game of basketball. He’s a great athlete with almost zero basketball skills!

Collins will take a step forward this year showing glimpses more frequently of what he will be 4-5 years from now in the League. He still has a long way to go though. He will contribute more than last year but I don't see a major impact on a consistent basis.

FWIW I really like him but his major contributions will be in the future. He could end up making a big impact in the NBA one day.

Last edited:
Dang that is bad! Like I spun around on a bat 10 times then had someone bang on a bucket over my head.

Thats what get for trying to post off my phone without my glasses. Sure felt right at the time ;)
Happens to the best of us. Funny thing is after reading it a second time I was actually able to make it out lol

Reactions: Soupbean
My takes as well.
Has Livingston not been impressive lately? I have not really followed.

I thought he was a top 10 ranked guy, explosive and has an NBA ready frame?
I assumed he would be a one of the key cogs for next year’s team

Nothing but respect for the elderly, but you’ve got to assume a light hearted joke is coming after that mess. Good on you for editing although it wasn’t a big deal, I think I got your drift. Keep on keeping on 👍🏻
Yeah I do mis-type occasionally but I busted up when ya'll drew my attention to that mess.

Reactions: hamidousvertical
why set yourselves up? players don't improve under CCC. name one that did and if you do, it wasn't cal that caused the improvement
I think most of the players improved - some pretty drastically. For me it would be a whole lot easier trying to name the guys that seemed the most static from year to year - off the top of my head Poythress & Brooks (to a degree).

I believe Topping will be the MOST improved next year. He showed those signs toward end of last season but got pulled to be replaced with Brooks. Collins next. The 4 will be powerful this upcoming season

why set yourselves up? players don't improve under CCC. name one that did and if you do, it wasn't cal that caused the improvement
Seems Oscar improved quiet a lot and SGA zoomed past the 5 star Quade and never looked back, oh SGA was a after thought by many, remember.

Most Improved - Toppin. He's going to be All Sec. "Smooth" got one right.

Most Surprising - Fredrick. At least for people who think of him as nothing but a Cameron Mills shooter. I've watched lots of his games from Iowa -- he defends, he moves without the ball well. When crowded on the perimeter he can get past people and score inside. He'll be an upgrade over Grady. Offensively, he reminds me a little of Doron Lamb, in being an opportunistic scorer. And he does some of the things that Herro did without the basketball.

Least Surprising - The worst of the Rafters whimperers who will pretend amnesia and join in the euphoria when the Cats make the Final Four. That's okay. Remember what the Good Book said about the return of the Prodigal Son: "Your brother was dead, and is alive again. He was lost, and is found"
I’d hope everyone would bask in the glow of a final four but that doesn’t mean their criticisms weren’t valid. I would take a bet over an early flame out over a final four right now though.

Seems Oscar improved quiet a lot and SGA zoomed past the 5 star Quade and never looked back, oh SGA was a after thought by many, remember.
I remember many people saying SGA looked amazing and highly underrated especially after many watched him play in Louisville.

I was think Allen averaging 15 a game at Western.
Now the real answers:
I hope Toppin and Wheeler are most improved
Collins the surprise, because we still don’t know what he will bring.
And I won’t pick a most disappointing player because they all try and nobody wants to lose.
Wheeler is already a high level starter, he just needs to continue to shoot it like he did at the end of the year and keep doing what he does best consistently. I hope he is that little guard that gives teams fits in the tournament for us finally.

Reactions: dl51344
for the upcoming season. I'm going with Collins most improved and Livingston as biggest surprise. I'll be surprised if Wallace isn't a significant upgrade to TyTy because he takes it to the basket so well. Interested in what everyone else thinks.
I think Wallace will be great but unless you are referring to injured TyTy I don't think he will be a "significant" upgrade. TyTy was playing pretty well before his injury and never fully recovered.

Reactions: ganner918
Most improved: Collins or Toppin
Biggest Surprise: Wheeler will develop a much better 3 point shot

PJ Washington, Darius Miller, Quickly, Liggins, Lamb, Willie Cauley Stein, Nick Richards. Pretty much everyone who stuck around more than a year save for Poythress and Marcus Lee 🙄
Harrelson, Ulis, Willis, Hawkins can be added in there. Yeah some guys didn't get much better but there's lots of examples of guys who did.

What makes anyone think that Toppin will be improved? He’s been in college for three seasons and still hasn’t learned the game of basketball. He’s a great athlete with almost zero basketball skills!
He was good last season. Just needed more pt.

Has Livingston not been impressive lately? I have not really followed.

I thought he was a top 10 ranked guy, explosive and has an NBA ready frame?
I assumed he would be a one of the key cogs for next year’s team
I think some have decided since he doesn't appear to be a natural dead eye sniper from deep that he totally sucks ass or maybe is a little version of Rick Mahorn or some such thing.

ADVERTISEMENT