ADVERTISEMENT

Most Improved, biggest surprise

Cobb4uk

Junior
Gold Member
May 18, 2019
Benton, ky
for the upcoming season. I'm going with Collins most improved and Livingston as biggest surprise. I'll be surprised if Wallace isn't a significant upgrade to TyTy because he takes it to the basket so well. Interested in what everyone else thinks.

Most Improved - Toppin. He's going to be All Sec. "Smooth" got one right.

Most Surprising - Fredrick. At least for people who think of him as nothing but a Cameron Mills shooter. I've watched lots of his games from Iowa -- he defends, he moves without the ball well. When crowded on the perimeter he can get past people and score inside. He'll be an upgrade over Grady. Offensively, he reminds me a little of Doron Lamb, in being an opportunistic scorer. And he does some of the things that Herro did without the basketball.

Least Surprising - The worst of the Rafters whimperers who will pretend amnesia and join in the euphoria when the Cats make the Final Four. That's okay. Remember what the Good Book said about the return of the Prodigal Son: "Your brother was dead, and is alive again. He was lost, and is found"

Last edited:
for the upcoming season. I'm going with Collins most improved and Livingston as biggest surprise. I'll be surprised if Wallace isn't a significant upgrade to TyTy because he takes it to the basket so well. Interested in what everyone else thinks.
I agree with you about Wallace. I think he’ll be a great player for us.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Improved: Wheeler, for UK to be on the elite side he needs to shoot better, cut down on turnovers & stay healthy
Surprising:Livingston, if he can continue to develop an outside shot with his overall floor game I think he has a chance to be special.
Disappointing: Fredrick-Injured

Reactions: chroix
Looks like a lot of posters predicting disappointment in regard to Livingston. I doubt I'll be one of those, as I don't expect him to be an AA at this point. But I think Livingston can be a big plus as a role player as a freshman. I think the key is not putting too much on him. Just let him develop naturally. My guess is he would look best as a 3 year college player, but I suspect he'll never stay that long.

Reactions: Soupbean
My takes as well.
Chris will need time to get adjusted to the college game offensively but because of how hard he plays and his energy there's very little chance folks will be disappointed in his play.

Last edited:
Most improved Toppin
Most surprising Ware
Disappointing Cal
agree with this with a nod to CJ as runner up most impressive. Think he will have more productive year on both sides than TyTy or Grady

Last edited:
Most Improved - Toppin. He's going to be All Sec. "Smooth" got one right.

Most Surprising - Fredrick. At least for people who think of him as nothing but a Cameron Mills shooter. I've watched lots of his games from Iowa -- he defends, he moves without the ball well. When crowded on the perimeter he can get past people and score inside. He'll be an upgrade over Grady. Offensively, he reminds me a little of Doron Lamb, in being an opportunistic scorer. And he does some of the things that Herro did without the basketball.

Least Surprising - The worst of the Rafters whimperers who will pretend amnesia and join in the euphoria when the Cats make the Final Four. That's okay. Remember what the Good Book said about the return of the Prodigal Son: "Your brother was dead, and is alive again. He was lost, and is found"
Agree 100% on CJ. as long as he is healthy amd gets back in form he will be an upgrade at the two or three. You are dead on about his ability to be a creative scorer not jist a shooter. Can ball fake amd step into mid range and score like TyTy but I believe more consistantly

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Looks like a lot of posters predicting disappointment in regard to Livingston. I doubt I'll be one of those, as I don't expect him to be an AA at this point. But I think Livingston can be a big plus as a role player as a freshman. I think the key is not putting too much on him. Just let him develop naturally. My guess is he would look best as a 3 year college player, but I suspect he'll never stay that long.
He has bigger plans than that but you're right the kid is a warrior and if doubted it will fire him up even more. ive said he will need some offensice polish at this level but in the meantime he will make up for it
with effort and tenacity. He has all the skills to be a great offensive talent just needs to learn when to attack and when to pull up amd how to play off others etc like everyone else. Hecwas used to trying to get to the rim most of the time at Oak Hill.

But as I said before, he wont disappoint just off effort alone. rhen when he blossoms he 'll be a favorite.

Reactions: G-PIP
Most improved? Toppin.

I think Toppin is pissed and ready to throw down. We saw what he can do when he brings it. My goodness that kid has a potential to be a grown ass man. And it think we will be saying “Top that!” about Toppin.

Imagine a kick ass Toppin partnered with a similar Oscar. Oh my….

Surprising? I’m going to say Cal. Either he will turn it around and we will all nod like “about damn time” or I say Cal sinks to a new low and we all shake our heads. Either way. This year will surprise us. But hopefully in a good way.

The truly surprising? I’m gonna go with Collins. One way or another we will say “Wow” about him.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I'll take some guesses:
Most improved:Jacob Toppin
Biggest surprise:Antonio Reeves
Most disappointing:Chris Livingston
I agree with this, I hope Livingston I'm wrong about! Collins may be most improved. I think of Collins and Toppin improve a bunch and Wallace delivers... wow

I think Livingston could be a Terrence Jones/Julius Randle hybrid. Not saying he will be as good as either, but that kind of player.

Fwiw Steve Smith of Oak Hill is very high on the Livingston. I believe I heard this on Leach Report, one of guests said it.

Reactions: MbergCat
I agree with this, I hope Livingston I'm wrong about! Collins may be most improved. I think of Collins and Toppin improve a bunch and Wallace delivers... wow
To me, Collins looks to have a high level of natural talent, and just needs time and experience. And I suspect that knack for the game allows him to improve skills pretty quickly. But he came in so raw and inexperienced that it’s probably going to take him a few years to really start to put it all together – by “all” I mean the scoring, ball-handling, etc. Still think he can be a great asset to UK in the meantime, even to a decent degree on offense. With his athleticism combined with a just little more strength, Collins would be a big asset even as a strictly rim runner & protector – but, again, I think his potential in the long-run is much more than that. He reminds me of Nazr Mohammed in the development aspect; and like Nazr, I think Collins is going to be a long tenured pro.

To me, Collins looks to have a high level of natural talent, and just needs time and experience. And I suspect that knack for the game allows him to improve skills pretty quickly. But he came in so raw and inexperienced that it’s probably going to take him a few years to really start to put it all together – by “all” I mean the scoring, ball-handling, etc. Still think he can be a great asset to UK in the meantime, even to a decent degree on offense. With his athleticism combined with a just little more strength, Collins would be a big asset even as a strictly rim runner & protector – but, again, I think his potential in the long-run is much more than that. He reminds me of Nazr Mohammed in the development aspect; and like Nazr, I think Collins is going to be a long tenured pro.
I agree. I hope he can develop a mid range jumper and be a threat to take it to hole. His best days will be after he matures, which unfortunately will be in the NBA

I agree. I hope he can develop a mid range jumper and be a threat to take it to hole. His best days will be after he matures, which unfortunately will be in the NBA
He was a very good free throw shooter in limited attempts (86%) but that is certainly a good sign for your mid range hopes.

Reactions: JC CATS and G-PIP
I hope 3pt shooting is the biggest surprise. That’s the key to unlocking this teams full potential. If they can get some consistency shooting from the 1 and or 4 good things will happen.

Reactions: TFCats11
Most improved- Collins. I remember how good Coach O was with player development when he was coaching here in the past and I think Collins has a chance to be really good.

Biggest surprise- Livingston. Kid is strong and tough. Once he adapts to the college game I think he will have some really big games for us this season.

Most improved: Wheeler
Most surprising: Frederick
Most disappointing: our fair weathered fans

I'll take some guesses:
Most improved:Jacob Toppin
Biggest surprise:Antonio Reeves
Most disappointing:Chris Livingston
Only to just a couple post for the negatives to highjack what was supposed to be a positive post. I'm not disappointed, I expected it, birds of feathers stick together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT