ADVERTISEMENT

More trouble in Kansas

Every time I see a KU thread about getting in trouble I want to post a line from the movie Outlaw Josey Wales when the old woman and her daughter get caught by the rival outlaws and Josey Wales is watching from the hillside and says “Poor pilgrims from Kansas, they don’t look too proud now do they?”
hey BassProCat she also said she didn't care much for HOOSIERS EITHER [laughing]

Reactions: BassProCat
If I remember my high school geography, and because I'm too lazy to google it, I believe there is a Kansas City in Mo, and Ks. Damn, I'm lazy :zzz:

Giving me flashbacks to fraternity hazing. I refused to quit, but walked away shortly after getting in.
Same for me; went through all of the very worst and then depledged a week before initiation.

Knew I was transferring schools by the end of the year, and also realized how stupid it was.

Shouldn't we just assume at this point that there's shenanigans in a given week for Kansas? The headlines should be when there isn't.

Lots of news of trouble, but then as with anything UNC, KU or Puke, it just disappears and nothing happens beyond the initial news article.

Had ANY of these situations we've seen or heard about the past few years happened to have been UK - the NCAA would have set up camp in Lexington and spent the better part of their billion dollar revenue investigating and making sure the media never let the stories die.

I believe UNC's story went on for a few years until the NCAA realized they didn't have any jurisdiction

Lol....pull out a map big guy. There is a Kansas City in MO and Kansas.

Google "Kansas City."

Kansas City is the largest city in the U.S. state of Missouri. According to the U.S. Census Bureau ... Major suburbs include the Missouri cities of Independence and Lee's Summit and the Kansas cities of Overland Park, Olathe, and Kansas City.

I used to live in Kansas City -- KCMO. I worked (for a while) in Overland Park, Kansas (about 12 miles from Olathe -- hometown of Willie Cauley-Stein).

One of the main streets through Kansas City is called State Line Drive.

The amusing (photoshopped) sign pictured above is in KCMO.

KCMO is about 4 times the size of Kansas City, Kansas...probably more. The Royals and Chiefs (and formerly the NBA Kings) play/ed in KCMO.

When people outside of this area talk about Kansas City, they are generally referring to KCMO, unless they specifically point out that it is Kansas City, KANSAS.

When people mention London, they are generally not referring to London, Kentucky.

But thank you for pointing out what we learned in what...the 5th grade?

--- signed, "Big Guy"

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowwalker
I haven’t researched it and won’t but why does Missouri have a city named Kansas City, a bordering state. I’m sure there’s some old dynamic involved but I can’t imagine Kentucky having Tennessee city close to the border.

Kansas City is in Missouri.
Kansas-City-The-Automobile-Blue-Book-1920-Map.mediumthumb.jpg

MAN!! I thought math was hard...I didn't know you had to be able to solve a Rubik's cube for simple geography. so let me get this straight....The french city of Versailles is not located in central KY?

There are azzholes from all over the world, Kansas and Missouri no less. Id imagine even in Arkansas City, Kansas there are some.

Google "Kansas City."

Kansas City is the largest city in the U.S. state of Missouri. According to the U.S. Census Bureau ... Major suburbs include the Missouri cities of Independence and Lee's Summit and the Kansas cities of Overland Park, Olathe, and Kansas City.

I used to live in Kansas City -- KCMO. I worked (for a while) in Overland Park, Kansas (about 12 miles from Olathe -- hometown of Willie Cauley-Stein).

One of the main streets through Kansas City is called State Line Drive.

The amusing (photoshopped) sign pictured above is in KCMO.

KCMO is about 4 times the size of Kansas City, Kansas...probably more. The Royals and Chiefs (and formerly the NBA Kings) play/ed in KCMO.

When people outside of this area talk about Kansas City, they are generally referring to KCMO, unless they specifically point out that it is Kansas City, KANSAS.

When people mention London, they are generally not referring to London, Kentucky.

But thank you for pointing out what we learned in what...the 5th grade?

--- signed, "Big Guy"
You are so intelligent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT