ADVERTISEMENT

Monday is the big day boys. I’ll deliver number 4.

Oldblueone

Sophomore
Jan 7, 2006
At 7:00am on Monday morning I will be put to sleep. When I wake up I will have my fourth bouncing baby kidney stone. This one comes in as 10mm by 10mm by 7mm and will have to be blasted by a laser. I’m gonna call him Rocky. This will be the third one that has had to be taken. Ugly little bastards, they are. Wish me luck and hope that I don’t run out of Percocet.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

10mm, that's a big stone ... laser worthy.

I have a friend who has passed so many stones (dozens and dozens), he keeps them in a jar. Have to think there's some scar tissue in those kidneys.

Had my second one taken in January. Was 10mm. I’ve had 3 confirmed. Passed a 2mm in 2014 and had another taken in 1999.

They told me 5mm or down try to pass. Bigger is tough. It’s rough. Don’t wish it on anyone.

Reactions: kev69
At 7:00am on Monday morning I will be put to sleep. When I wake up I will have my fourth bouncing baby kidney stone. This one comes in as 10mm by 10mm by 7mm and will have to be blasted by a laser. I’m gonna call him Rocky. This will be the third one that has had to be taken. Ugly little bastards, they are. Wish me luck and hope that I don’t run out of Percocet.

All for the percocets.

I use to deprive myself of sleep just to smoke crack.

Be careful with the Percocet. I've seen way too many stories start out this way and end up in a hospital room. I'm 31 and have already lost multiple friends and it always starts with taking medicine for a surgery/injury/etc. Only take when you need it and be careful. Don't drive as they'll knock ya out.

Reactions: funKYcat75
Good luck monday. However if you wanna prevent them, add a bit of lemon juice to water mountain dew or whatever you drink. I've seen this natural remedy work for more than a few people that I know.

Passed a stone last year, I can’t compare it to any other pain and I’ve had some painful things happen. Face cheek was cut in half and hanging down so you could see my teeth with my mouth closed but it wasn’t as painful as the stone. Turned the pinky knuckle nearly sideways throwing a punch didn’t hurt as bad. Hyperextending knee falling through a cattle guard was a breeze, mild tickle compared to the stone. It took me 3 hours to pass, I thought I knew what pain was. I’m sure there’s worse but that has topped the list for me so far.

I’ve never had one but my wife had one back in June. She said it was 10X more painful than when she gave birth to both our daughters.

Be careful with the Percocet. I've seen way too many stories start out this way and end up in a hospital room. I'm 31 and have already lost multiple friends and it always starts with taking medicine for a surgery/injury/etc. Only take when you need it and be careful. Don't drive as they'll knock ya out.

My brother's mother-in-law got hooked on pills. She has a son, and he is the real loser in all of this. I have had dozens of surgeries in my lifetime, and I have always tried to take the minimum necessary; if I can tolerate the pain, I do not take anything. I was hit by a car a few years ago and was give Lor-tabs. I love those things; I took three, and disposed of the rest. I cannot allow myself to get hooked. If the pain is intolerable, I will take something (I have developed a somewhat high tolerance for pain), otherwise, I try to suck it up (I'm not telling others to). I'd rather suffer a little bit, then to become addicted. I know of many people who have lost their lives to addiction; it is very tough to see someone go through it. I won't even mess with it.

Reactions: BlueThruAndThru
My brother's mother-in-law got hooked on pills. She has a son, and he is the real loser in all of this. I have had dozens of surgeries in my lifetime, and I have always tried to take the minimum necessary; if I can tolerate the pain, I do not take anything. I was hit by a car a few years ago and was give Lor-tabs. I love those things; I took three, and disposed of the rest. I cannot allow myself to get hooked. If the pain is intolerable, I will take something (I have developed a somewhat high tolerance for pain), otherwise, I try to suck it up (I'm not telling others to). I'd rather suffer a little bit, then to become addicted. I know of many people who have lost their lives to addiction; it is very tough to see someone go through it. I won't even mess with it.
So you know if you take the medicine as prescribed you have a low likelihood of getting hooked. Its the people that take multiple at a time and then run out of pills to early and then are seeking to find more for either the pain or the high that are susceptible to getting hooked. Its all about low risk vs high risk choices.

So you know if you take the medicine as prescribed you have a low likelihood of getting hooked. Its the people that take multiple at a time and then run out of pills to early and then are seeking to find more for either the pain or the high that are susceptible to getting hooked. Its all about low risk vs high risk choices.

I am clearly aware of that, but the temptation to abuse is there.

ADVERTISEMENT