ADVERTISEMENT

MJ 30-for-30

Im not watching 10 hours on any subject. Maybe a TV show spread out over 1 hour a week for 10 weeks, but not in one binge seession.

It amazes me that a North Carolina asshole gets so much love on a Kentucky board. Screw MJ and Carolina.
I am from Chicago and what Michael did for the franchise and the league is unbelievable. I am not fans of Michigan but the brilliance of Tom Brady is unquestioned. Most people leave the rivalry at the college level. Some people can't ever let it go.

Reactions: GParmesan
It amazes me that a North Carolina asshole gets so much love on a Kentucky board. Screw MJ and Carolina.
I grew up a UK fan and an MJ fan simultaneously. I didn’t comprehend or consider UK and UNC’s rivalry and UNC’s affiliation with MJ being a problem. As Ive gotten older I have less “love” for him, but the amazing things he did on the court, the excitement he provided, and the way he drew me to the game will never be taken away.

No thanks. Never a fan of Jordan.

From the presumption that he would take over the mantle of NBA ambassador from Dr. J., to the dissing of Sam Bowie over him being picked ahead of him in the draft, to the humiliating way he treated teammates, to the ridiculous amount of protection he was given by the referees, to his failure to stand up for the factory workers who made his shoes, all the way to how he humiliated his former HS coach during his classless HOF speech.

Jordan has had plenty of opportunities to exhibit some class & humility (& sometimes make a positive difference) but usually comes up far short. He’s a great basketball player but IMO never came close to that as a person.

Despite that, there’s going to be no shortage of fawning by the general public, which has literally grown up on a sophisticated marketing campaign promoting him & his brand.

From the presumption that he would take over the mantle of NBA ambassador from Dr. J., to the dissing of Sam Bowie over him being picked ahead of him in the draft, to the humiliating way he treated teammates, to the ridiculous amount of protection he was given by the referees, to his failure to stand up for the factory workers who made his shoes, all the way to how he humiliated his former HS coach during his classless HOF speech.

Jordan has had plenty of opportunities to exhibit some class & humility (& sometimes make a positive difference) but usually comes up far short. He’s a great basketball player but IMO never came close to that as a person.

Despite that, there’s going to be no shortage of fawning by the general public, which has literally grown up on a sophisticated marketing campaign promoting him & his brand.
I can't disagree with anything you said...but he is still the GOAT.

Reactions: gojvc
His hands as he’s at the line in that clip, spinning the ball. I’d forgotten how big his hands are. He’s like one of those 7’2 guys - Shaq, Mutumbo, whoever - with hands so big the ball looks like an orange. I remember once Phil,Jackson said the main difference between MJ and Kobe was Michael’s hands were big enough he could do what he wanted with the ball, and Kobe had small hands....

I was about to say that I can’t think of any one athlete that I’d want to watch that much content about, but I did watch the whole 8 hrs of the Run for Life OJ documentary, and it was amazing. Completely different stories though. No chance I spend ten hours as people blow MJ on camera

I've never once watched him ever have one ounce of humility. His HOF acceptance speech was shameful. Guy is the epitome of a narcissist. I'd rather watch 10 hours of Bill Belichek press conferences.

I'll watch every second of it, I grew up as a kid a MASSIVE, obsessed Jordan fan. Had his jersey, his posters on my bedroom walls, etc. Will bring back some good memories I'm sure, though I have no idea what in the world they're going to spend 10 hours talking about.

Reactions: FactCheckerUSA

Also wasn't much of a fan of MJ during his playing days although I could appreciate what he was doing on the court was a rare thing.

Do you think that the stars the NBA wants to promote today are getting the same treatment?

I was about to say that I can’t think of any one athlete that I’d want to watch that much content about, but I did watch the whole 8 hrs of the Run for Life OJ documentary, and it was amazing. Completely different stories though. No chance I spend ten hours as people blow MJ on camera

We ALL care about your opinions

Damn son, why so salty? I guess it's "hate, hate, hate, hate" for you because he didn't go to UK, huh?

Was was it Will Perdue that was crying after winning his first championship and Jordan said " why are you crying, you didn't have anything to do with it ." Great teammate.

MJ is the epitome of competition. No denying he changed the game, no denying he changed personal branding forever. I give him props for how much he hated to lose.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT