ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou adds top 35 player Tilmon

They won't be. Florida, Arkansas, Alabama, Tennessee, and Auburn will all be better.

No way they are the 7th best team in the SEC. Not with that incoming talent. They also have some returnees who are pretty solid.

I'd be shocked if, even with Cuonzo, the best they did was 7th. On paper they seem like a top 3-4 team, easily.

I dont care how young they are or how bad theyre cosch is, they are going to have enough talent to definitely be a top 3 in the SEC. Obviously cal would do better with them but this isnt 1 or 2 5 stars on a crappy team, theyre legitimately getting a starting 5 amount of talented guys to go with 2 or 3 guys who were already good but not enough to make up for everyone else. They'll go 6 or 7 deep with as much talent as anybody, if not more outside of us. Marginal coaching at best should see them with 20 wins easily, if not 25.

Until you realize they are all freshman and Calipari is not on their bench
Looking at the season results of top 15 freshmen who spurned us for places other than Duke, excuse me if I'm not up at night about Mizzou. I'll be proud of them if they make the tourney as a single digit seed.

Reactions: Mrwildcatmsm
this missouri team reminds me a lot of Ben Simmons's year at LSU.

looks great on paper, but will likely be completely underwhelming when the ball is actually rolled out.

Reactions: mhap8704 and JC43
No coach has proven they can win with all or mostly all frosh except for Cal and K (to a lesser degree). I anticipate that will again prove true this upcoming season.

this missouri team reminds me a lot of Ben Simmons's year at LSU.

looks great on paper, but will likely be completely underwhelming when the ball is actually rolled out.
Not hardly. They don't have Johnny Jones coaching them.

No guards.

And still no word on whether Jontay Porter is going to be there next year, or not until the year after. Regardless, he's not a guard either. Frontcourt talent is definitely legit, though. I could see them as a better version of A&M from this past year.

Last edited:
I dont care how young they are or how bad theyre cosch is, they are going to have enough talent to definitely be a top 3 in the SEC. Obviously cal would do better with them but this isnt 1 or 2 5 stars on a crappy team, theyre legitimately getting a starting 5 amount of talented guys to go with 2 or 3 guys who were already good but not enough to make up for everyone else. They'll go 6 or 7 deep with as much talent as anybody, if not more outside of us. Marginal coaching at best should see them with 20 wins easily, if not 25.
That LSU roster was damn solid.

Yes, we may play them twice though because they will be perceived to be good on paper. Same with Alabama.
We play Bama only once this year and its at Rupp.Same with Texas AM....We at Georgia and LSU on the road on our only regular season meetings with them

No guards.

And still no word on whether Jontay Porter is going to be there next year, or the year after. Regardless, he's not a guard either. Frontcourt talent is definitely legit, though. I could see them as a better version of A&M from this past year.

Top-ranked bigs typically don't translate as well to the college game. At the very least, they need some more time to adapt. Porter is a kid I can see getting frustrated by the size and physicality of the SEC.

Alabama has a player that can change a program with Sexton and that Petty kid
Florida is returning everyone from their E8 team, losing Robinson early May hurt though.
Mizzou is bringing in a heck of recruiting class with the Porter Bros and big man Tilmon. ***(We remember LSU looked great on paper with that Aussie kid and what happened to them.)
Overall, the SEC has improved talent wise. Hopefully their collective OOC for the league is up there. May this help us get to the point in March that has us peaking at the right moment...and proper seeding (#1 #1)! go BBN!!!

Last edited:
This is just year 1. These recruits are mostly for the future. We only brought in one "one and done."

Martin is head and shoulders a better coach that what Mizzou had the last couple of years. He was dreadful

Missouri will finally get that one seed in the nit they have had their eyes on for a long time. Maybe they can reach the final four and get a banner.

Thank goodness. Their basketball program has been an embarrassment since moving to the SEC. Last thing the league needed was another bad basketball team.

No way they are the 7th best team in the SEC. Not with that incoming talent. They also have some returnees who are pretty solid.

I'd be shocked if, even with Cuonzo, the best they did was 7th. On paper they seem like a top 3-4 team, easily.
Returnees from an 8-24 team is considered solid?

No offense but you're really reaching on this one. They'll be better, but there will be at least 5 other teams better than them.

They will have Kevin Knox also!
Sadly I think this will be a new trend recruits will do on their visits to schools as if they are trying on a pair of shoes, to see if they look good in the mirror. I think Duval did this on his duke visit as well. Thankful, those shoes were fugly

1. Kentucky
2. Florida
3. Alabama
4. Auburn
5. South Carolina
6. Arkansas
7. Mizzou
8. Vandy
9. Georgia
10. Tennessee
11. Miss State
12. Ole Miss
13. Texas A&M
14. LSU

It was extremely hard for me to put these teams in order. I feel like the bottom of the SEC has gotten more even and there's maybe 1 or 2 teams only that won't compete. The rest have a chance to make noise at some point.

For some reason people on here forget that Martin is actually a good coach. He took UT to the sweet 16, he got friggin CAL to a four seed in the ncaa tournament. I mean his resume is not very long, but my goodness the guy has had some success at some hard places to generally have success. I agree with you, the Missouri will be good next year, and get into the big dance i believe.

ADVERTISEMENT