ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Barnhart signs new deal

How about you take a walk around campus take a long look at what all has transpired since he has been the ad at the University of Kentucky... His years at UK have been the best in UK history!!!!

Well yea, that happens when you're given multi billion dollar deals. Sports have never paid so much, apparel companies have never offered so much. Network deals are through the roof. Was he supposed to keep the cash for himself? Kentucky had no options but to grow and flourish. Its not because of him.

But whatever. This conversation never leads anywhere.

Reactions: Bogansistheman
Morg, you definitely tell it like it is. You’ve always been straight up, so I’m not going to start doubting you.
I’ll take your word for it that you have much more inside information about Mitch than I do. ( I have zero inside info on him)

I think I’ll just excuse myself from this thread.
Bwahahaha!

That's a great question, and I'm not sure exactly what context in which you are asking but several factors were in play.

In addition to the football issues in overcoming Bassett, Tubby had just completed his 3rd straight 10 loss season. There was no doubt that people wanted Football cleaned up but basketball needed to be addressed.

Lucky for Mitch, Tubby went on to have his 2nd best season the next year before failing off.

I knew Larry Ivy pretty well back then and it was no secret that Mitch wanted to clean house football-wise. Guy Morriss was going to be gone no matter what. The major salary issue Guy had was for his assistants which were the least paid in the conference and we just went 7-5.

Thanks to Mitch's genius-ness we won only 10 games the next 3 years.

But this was a bit covered up by Tubby being upset by Marquette, UAB, and then losing to MSU before back to back 13 and 12 loss seasons. All of this overshadowing football in some respects.

The next 3 years Brooks was finally able to get things together without much support whatsoever from Mitch who was stuck at the time with the Billy Clyde scenario.

It can be considered that with basketball on the downswing and pressure from bball boosters Mitch may have had his hands tied. (The opposite being true during Cal and Joker)

Although Mitch handled Guy Morriss terribly as well the search for a new coach. He also eventually promoted Joker and most definitely did not aid the football program whatsoever with needed upgrades during Brooks and Phillips, while all secondary non-revenue sports saw new coaches and much more attention.

Mark Stoops actually pushed for the job himself and we had no one else beating the door down, nor was Mitch a very good salesman for FB or BB HC's obviously. Hate Jurich all you want, and its easy to do, but the guy knows how to pitch his school and convince solid coaches to come.

In my opinion, the positives of Mitch's term is based upon 2 things... the SEC money deal and Cal really wanting to come coach here.

Without those our football team would still be using a corner of the field house for a recruiting room with who knows who as a HC and I shutter to think who would be heading the bball program.

The UK athletic association has always been a bit arrogant but it went to new levels under Mitch and Sandy (who does way more than just eligibility), the unnecessary trademark wars, lies to vendors, treatment of several individuals, the absolute stupidity and ignorance regarding the internet, and the quickness of attacking anyone with attorneys as a first option with a strategy of out spending those who disagree has really caused a negative attitude to those on the administrative side of things.

I apologize for getting off topic...

It's amazing how people can read this and walk away thinking people are lying. Its ridiculous. This is spot on accurate.

Reactions: GG24 and kev69
That's a great question, and I'm not sure exactly what context in which you are asking but several factors were in play.

In addition to the football issues in overcoming Bassett, Tubby had just completed his 3rd straight 10 loss season. There was no doubt that people wanted Football cleaned up but basketball needed to be addressed.

Lucky for Mitch, Tubby went on to have his 2nd best season the next year before failing off.

I knew Larry Ivy pretty well back then and it was no secret that Mitch wanted to clean house football-wise. Guy Morriss was going to be gone no matter what. The major salary issue Guy had was for his assistants which were the least paid in the conference and we just went 7-5.

But this was a bit covered up by Tubby being upset by Marquette, UAB, and then losing to MSU before back to back 13 and 12 loss seasons. All of this overshadowing football in some respects.

The next 3 years Brooks was finally able to get things together without much support whatsoever from Mitch who was stuck at the time with the Billy Clyde scenario.

It can be considered that with basketball on the downswing and pressure from bball boosters Mitch may have had his hands tied. (The opposite being true during Cal and Joker)

Although Mitch handled Guy Morriss terribly as well the search for a new coach. He also eventually promoted Joker and most definitely did not aid the football program whatsoever with needed upgrades during Brooks and Phillips, while all secondary non-revenue sports saw new coaches and much more attention.

Mark Stoops actually pushed for the job himself and we had no one else beating the door down, nor was Mitch a very good salesman for FB or BB HC's obviously. Hate Jurich all you want, and its easy to do, but the guy knows how to pitch his school and convince solid coaches to come.

In my opinion, the positives of Mitch's term is based upon 2 things... the SEC money deal and Cal really wanting to come coach here.

Without those our football team would still be using a corner of the field house for a recruiting room with who knows who as a HC and I shutter to think who would be heading the bball program.

The UK athletic association has always been a bit arrogant but it went to new levels under Mitch and Sandy (who does way more than just eligibility), the unnecessary trademark wars, lies to vendors, treatment of several individuals, the absolute stupidity and ignorance regarding the internet, and the quickness of attacking anyone with attorneys as a first option with a strategy of out spending those who disagree has really caused a negative attitude to those on the administrative side of things.

Well, I have to admit you made some really solid points here. You and Morg are starting to make me think Barnhart isn’t so great after all. Like I’ve said many times, I can change my opinion as I learn more information on the subject my opinion was originally based on.

Bullshit. None of those people speak to simpletons about the details of negotiations and deals.

You’re merely a message board blowhard that articulates stupid better than most.

[laughing]

Mitch has his minions posting again.

Hi asshole!

I've said it before and you and I have ran this crap into the ground. You believe non of it, you are morality man everyone else is w liar. You've got a diluted sense of self and aren't worth it.
Nah, I just dont make up lies then run. I dont believe any of it because Pratt and Todd have spoken on the record and you're clearly lying. If I assassinate someone's character you can bet your ass I can tell you why and give specifics. You can't, because you're lying.

You supposedly have all this info that contradicts what the main people involved have said and we're supposed to believe you over them when you can't even say what the info is? Just be happy that you still have a few ignorant minions like Kev69 that buy the BS you're selling.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
There is a lot more to disliking Mitch than the bad hirings and noninvolvement of Cal's hiring.

There are many local boosters who have their own reasons and most are similar in nature.

I'll let the fans who have NEVER had one personal dealing with the athletics association keep on believing only what they see and read, which is only normal.

But the guy is far from the image he tries so hard to project to the average fan.

If MB has pissed off a couple hilljack boosters, he’s doing his job. What exactly is your personal dealing with the athletic department?

Well, I have to admit you made some really solid points here. You and Morg are starting to make me think Barnhart isn’t so great after all. Like I’ve said many times, I can change my opinion as I learn more information on the subject my opinion was originally based on.

Full transparency here...

My issues with Mitch and Sandy are very much personal and go back to his first week at UK (which began wonderfully, but was simply a ruse and a total pack of lies).

During and after a long court case I obviously met and talked with many others, including WT Young. I took a major hit battling a war I never wanted with the athletics dept. But was definitley not the only one and many more have followed since. The right to your face lying was almost unbelievable, even though documentation from their own office proved they were lying... a truly amazing and stressful time back then.

ROFLMAO. Yeah Mitch should’a run in the floor guns blazing right? Dude, you are just a Whitney little boy that has no idea how men have to do their jobs. All the reasoning of U6 finest.

Clearly, I’m not the one who is woefully ignorant about how seeding works. But please, give us more of your dazzling buffoonery. Quite entertaining.

You’re a lightweight like barney. Keep slurping the juice I don’t give damn. I’ve sat on 5A seeding committees numerous times I know how it works. The rules are always worked around. Maybe you’re barney idk but the ignorance is on your side if you believe committee members have no influence.

If MB has pissed off a couple hilljack boosters, he’s doing his job. What exactly is your personal dealing with the athletic department?

Hilljack boosters? That's funny, some big timers I assure you.

Along with that statement and the fact you have no idea what my issue was with UK I'm not going to get into all this especially since you have been around since 2004.

As to @morgousky 's claims. I know which one he is referring to. Although I cannot confirm they spoke one on one I know for a fact that this individual did speak about what really happened with a few alumni groups one of which is morgs. And it was the same each time he said it. Also I will tell you that the relationship this person has with Mitch today is not remotely close to what is was back then, even though I'm not sure it's great now.

Reactions: morgousky
Nah, I just dont make up lies then run. I dont believe any of it because Pratt and Todd have spoken on the record and you're clearly lying. If I assassinate someone's character you can bet your ass I can tell you why and give specifics. You can't, because you're lying.

You supposedly have all this info that contradicts what the main people involved have said and we're supposed to believe you over them when you can't even say what the info is? Just be happy that you still have a few ignorant minions like Kev69 that buy the BS you're selling.

I've already been specific numerous times and plenty of posters saw it. I am not going to get back into who has said what and when. It is fairly well known, you just have to have more access to it...more than what CatPaw wrote in an article for guys like you with no clue.

You think calling me a liar bothers me in the least? That's the go to of an unhinged braindead temperamental midget.....go on....

I've already been specific numerous times and plenty of posters saw it. I am not going to get back into who has said what and when. It is fairly well known, you just have to have more access to it...more than what CatPaw wrote in an article for guys like you with no clue.

You think calling me a liar bothers me in the least? That's the go to of an unhinged braindead temperamental midget.....go on....
No, you're a habitual liar so it clearly doesnt bother you. I just like calling you out because I see through your BS and I think its pathetic.

Bwahahaha!
Dear Keyser, first of all thanks. I won my bet.

Did I ever tell you that you’re my hero
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle.
For you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed
But I’ve got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you’re my hero?
You’re everything I wish I could be.
Oh I could fly higher than an eagle.
tumblr_ms7o4etT0J1sdeouco1_500.gif

Along with that statement and the fact you have no idea what my issue was with UK I'm not going to get into all this especially since you have been around since 2004.

As to @morgousky 's claims. I know which one he is referring to. Although I cannot confirm they spoke one on one I know for a fact that this individual did speak about what really happened with a few alumni groups one of which is morgs. And it was the same each time he said it. Also I will tell you that the relationship this person has with Mitch today is not remotely close to what is was back then, even though I'm not sure it's great now.

And you would think that, well, you use your name, have explained who you are and who you know. You've laid everything out and clearly have great contacts and connections, way more than I...

And it still doesn't matter. They will absolutely refuse to believe the truth. It's a choice, they don't care about reality. That's why I don't even try anymore.

What individual and what did he say? Why is this so hard?

No, you're a habitual liar so it clearly doesnt bother you. I just like calling you out because I see through your BS and I think its pathetic.

Keyser one day we will meet up in person hopefully. I cant wait to watch you backtrack. Hope the day happens.

What individual and what did he say? Why is this so hard?

Actually I hope he doesn't get back into it. Is he a liar too? Is his name Brian Poe?

I know you've got it all figured out, you tell us?

You should try your brain from time to time, and if you already do, then stop using it.

Dear Keyser, first of all thanks. I won my bet.

Did I ever tell you that you’re my hero
And everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed
But I’ve got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you’re my hero?
You’re everything I wish I could be.
Oh I could fly higher than an eagle.
tumblr_ms7o4etT0J1sdeouco1_500.gif
Run along now, Mr Morgousky already told you what to think. Let the adults who are able to think for themselves have this thread.

Keyser one day we will meet up in person hopefully. I cant wait to watch you backtrack. Hope the day happens.
What on earth would I backtrack? I stand by what I say, I'm never vague, and I would say everything I've said here to your face.

Bullshit. None of those people speak to simpletons about the details of negotiations and deals.

You’re merely a message board blowhard that articulates stupid better than most.
Yes sir... We need us another Larry Ivy, CM(get his name off the football field)Newton or Cliff Hagan then we would be in high cotton with the football program and a total Athletics program overall. Two of those damn guys didn't have enough damn sense to realize what Howard Schnellenberger would have meant to UK football program.

What on earth would I backtrack? I stand by what I say, I'm never vague, and I would say everything I've said here to your face.

No actually you'd get some specifics in person and say you're sorry or accept you're wrong but fight anyway. Which I bet you would, you are the type to fight for no reason other than to try and win an argument. The truth matters none to you, or you would be open to what people have said about the situation. You know nothing, you're a smart mouthed temperamental jackass, but you take positions you couldn't possible know anything about.

Maybe be open to the idea, you don't have to believe it all together.

No actually you'd get some specifics in person and say you're sorry or accept you're wrong but fight anyway. Which I bet you would, you are the type to fight for no reason other than to try and win an argument. The truth matters none to you, or you would be open to what people have said about the situation. You know nothing, you're a smart mouthed temperamental jackass, but you take positions you couldn't possible know anything about.

Maybe be open to the idea, you don't have to believe it all together.
Be open to an idea that you're to afraid to speak openly about when I have read accounts from Lee Todd and Mike Pratt that contradict what you say? Nah, I'm good. Like I said, I see through you and the BS you spew on this board.

Run along now, Mr Morgousky already told you what to think. Let the adults who are able to think for themselves have this thread.

I’m torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules.
Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool.
Loving both of you is breaking all the rules.

Reactions: crpoore
You want MY OPINION? I’ll tell you what, I’ll give you my opinion.......hang on a second, my phone is ringing.....Hey Morg! How you doing? Please tell my what I should say to Keyser....

giphy.gif

Amazing how many of the "snowflakes" are ones that have actually met him and many that have done business with the athletic department. This group of "snowflakes" also includes individual boosters and alumni/fan club associations. Mitch is well liked by the average fan that has absolutely ZERO interaction with him.

Brian you are one of my more favorite posters, but i need to put your comment into true perspective

most successful (elite) coaches fall into that same category
players also do

Why haven’t these big time boosters collaborated to remove MB from his duties as AD after years of incompetence and failures?

This is totally out of bounds. How dare you show disrespect to the Gold Standard of posters.

I’ll not have the Lords name taken in vain on my message board. You best watch yourself Son.

You’re a lightweight like barney. Keep slurping the juice I don’t give damn. I’ve sat on 5A seeding committees numerous times I know how it works. The rules are always worked around. Maybe you’re barney idk but the ignorance is on your side if you believe committee members have no influence.

What a joke!!!! How many NCAA Division 1 tourney committees you sat on? Zero? Just cause you worked a concession stand in T-ball or some thing similar does NOT give you insight. The fact you believe it does, speaks volumes.

Fact: He has to leave the room when KY is discussed.

The guys who were involved? Lee Todd, Mitch Barnhart, Mike Pratt, and Rob Mullens. Which one of them do you talk to and which one said Barnhart is lying and never wanted Cal? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Barnhart hasnt spoken on the record on this and couldn't have lied, but Pratt and Todd have and according to what they say, you're full of shit.

I believe Mike Pratt was the guiding light to Cal getting hired.

Reactions: morgousky
Well, by this thought process, anytime someone makes a mistake they should be fired. I guess Cal should have been fired in 2010 when he decided the strategy to beat West Virginia was to not pound it inside, but to shoot a bunch of threes.
Billy Clyde AND Joker. That’s two mistakes. Most ADs don’t make it through two disaster hires like that

100% agreement here

The two things that have really saved MBs bacon are two events (SEC deal, Cal wanting UK) that WOULDVE/COULDVE taken place no matter who the AD was here at the time...sole benefits of being the University of Kentucky. And even still MB tried his best to eff one of those up.

This is the funniest part. They still weren't able to see it.

Anyone who doesn't understand Mitch wanted no part of Cal is 100% uninformed. He had to be sold on it and his job was on the line. Other men pushed it to happen, Mitch isn't even over basketball today. lol.

Unreal that people can't get it.

Its obvious if you pay attention to events taking place. Zero reason not to go after Cal the first time. Ill take someones actions over some retiring Lee Todd academia speak press release anyday.

Why haven’t these big time boosters collaborated to remove MB from his duties as AD after years of incompetence and failures?

I never used those words.

There are those that do not like Mitch and as I did say, not all complaints are necessarily related to hires.

UK has performed plenty well enough not to fire the AD.

I knew Larry Ivy pretty well back then, not to mention that both Guy and Brent Pease lived a few houses down from me. It was no secret that Mitch wanted to clean house football-wise. Guy Morriss was going to be gone no matter what. The major salary issue Guy had was for his assistants which were the least paid in the conference and we just went 7-5.

That recruiting room fiasco was awful. Just another on a heap of opportunities for coaches to negatively recruit against UK

ADVERTISEMENT