ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Barnhart signs new deal

Did you think that when Gillispie and Joker were running our programs in the ground?
We live in a world of what have you done for me lately.. And across most all of UK athletics,, remind me how we're doing? He made some shitty hires early on.. I wont argue with that.. But now hes made solid hires in most all of our athletic programs.. Takes an idiot to not give him props for what hes done lately..

As a poster noted above, he seems to everywhere, so I give him props, there...

My biggest issues were hanging onto Tubby and Joker for so long despite what was obvious to many of us--very frustrating

Overall, UK's athletic dept. is doing very well and seems to be competitive in most sports (though WTH happened to women's basketball? I still haven't seen a good explanation...)

Go CATS!

As a poster noted above, he seems to everywhere, so I give him props, there...

My biggest issues were hanging onto Tubby and Joker for so long despite what was obvious to many of us--very frustrating

Overall, UK's athletic dept. is doing very well and seems to be competitive in most sports (though WTH happened to women's basketball? I still haven't seen a good explanation...)

Go CATS!
This is complete nonsense. Joker was fired after 2 years and 9 games. It's not like he stuck around for 7 years like Bill Curry. When should he have fired him after his first season when he was 6-7 or after his second season when he went 5-7?

When should he have fired Tubby? What year?

Last edited:
The best to measure Mitch's success is this: Mitch vs Jurich

* Both built their University's sports programs to new heights
* Both made big mistakes doing it

* One served himself and left in moral disgrace
* One learned/grew and still serves as UK's best AD ever

Reactions: JDHoss
No one thought Gillispie was a bad hire, when it happened. The media loved it, the fans loved it and after he won SEC COTY, is first season, we thought it'd get better, it didn't - he couldn't handle scrutiny and pressure on this level. But Mitch's next basketball choice was outstanding - Mitchell has been good, volleyball good, baseball good and now Stoops is panning out.

No one thought Gillispie was a bad hire, when it happened. The media loved it, the fans loved it and after he won SEC COTY, is first season, we thought it'd get better, it didn't - he couldn't handle scrutiny and pressure on this level. But Mitch's next basketball choice was outstanding - Mitchell has been good, volleyball good, baseball good and now Stoops is panning out.

I respectfully disagree. BCG has won exactly one big game and not proven to be any kind of elite recruiter.

I was tuned in more than most at the time and many in the industry outside of KY thought it was interesting at best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT