ADVERTISEMENT

Mitch Barnhart signs new deal

ukhoops1

Junior
Oct 18, 2012
Kentucky signs Mitch to new deal through 2023.
The new deal will go into effect on Sunday at the start of the new fiscal year and will see Barnhart make a new base salary of $925,000. Bonuses should push that over the seven-figure mark and the base will rise to as much as $1.175 million in the final year.

ncb_a_gillispie_200.jpg

I’m sure the bluehairs are pleased. He did wipe their a*%, I mean seat for them
The Blue Hairs? Very disrespectful. The older fans have supported and helped build this great tradition that we have today.

The students the last few years have basically sucked. They may occasionally show up if they think their narcissistic asses might get on tv. Otherwise, they don’t show even show up, probably because they’re doing selfies or posting nonsense on Facebook. Yeah, keep on bashing the people that show up and have financially supported the program for Decades.

Last edited:
I don't like Mitch. I believe the story about him not wanting Cal, haven't liked his football hires, and there are a few other more personal reasons why I'm not a huge fan or his.

However, whether the story about him not wanting Cal is true, we got Cal, we've been to more bowl games under his tenure than any other AD, he attends everything, and the ping pong and water polo teams are at an all time high. Plus the university has never had any serious scandals or anything under his watch (unlike a team down the road). He's done a good job.

Last edited:
Lame he didn’t deserve a raise. He didn’t deserve an extension. He’s done squat for us on he selection committee and he is a total push over. Other ads love him bc he is soft. Terrible for football I don’t trust barney to make the next hoops hire either. Pray to god he goes before cal bc for football it’s stoops and his loaded contract or bust.

He’s already been at Uk too long he needs to make another career move bc he is stale

I don't like Mitch. I believe the story about him not wanting Cal, haven't liked his football hires, and there are a few other more personal reasons why I'm not a huge fan or his.

However, whether the story about him not wanting Cal is true, we got Cal, we've been to more bowl games under his tenure than any other AD, he attends everything, and the ping pong and water polo teams are at an all time how. Plus the university has never had any serious scandals or anything under his watch (unlike a team down the road). He's done a good job.

from everything i have read it was Lee Todd that had reservations about hiring Cal, and he had to be convinced
i really do not understand how any UK fan would not be happy about this
he has been the best AD UK has had in my lifetime, i am 56

Reactions: awf
Mitch "Mega Network Deals" Barnhart has been given more resources than any AD in UK history and has very little to show for it at all on. Baseball isn't making the CBB world series. Football couldn't break 8 wins in the weakest SEC in history. We are lucky basketball was taken out of his hands. All he had to show for that was a Tubby Smith proposed extension and Gillispie. If he had his way Tom Izzo would be your coach today. He's a dud, not surprised so may can't see it.

from everything i have read it was Lee Todd that had reservations about hiring Cal, and he had to be convinced

No the mega network and apparel deals are the best AD in your lifetime, Mitch hasn't done jack squat.

And Mitch wanted no part of Cal, but people can believe what they want.

Mitch "Mega Network Deals" Barnhart has been given more resources than any AD in UK history and has very little to show for it at all on. Baseball isn't making the CBB world series. Football couldn't break 8 wins in the weakest SEC in history. We are lucky basketball was taken out of his hands. All he had to show for that was a Tubby Smith proposed extension and Gillispie. If he had his way Tom Izzo would be your coach today. He's a dud, not surprised so may can't see it.

Microwave fan. ;)

Yeah, most UK fans appreciate the job he's done and arent fragile snowflakes triggered by "microwave society."

Amazing how many of the "snowflakes" are ones that have actually met him and many that have done business with the athletic department. This group of "snowflakes" also includes individual boosters and alumni/fan club associations. Mitch is well liked by the average fan that has absolutely ZERO interaction with him.

Last edited:
Amazing how many of the "snowflakes" are ones that have actually met him and many that have done business with the athletic department. This grouo of "snowflakes" also includes individual boosters and alumni/fan club associations. Mitch is well liked by the average fan that has absolutely ZERO interaction with him.
Yet, he still keeps getting raises. Seems like more than the average fan likes him.

If you read my post, I basically said I'm not crazy about him, but I can't deny he's done a good job and I'm happy with the job he's done, I am 126

He let football languish for 10 years. He hired Billy Gillispie with a contract written on a knapkin. He hired Joker Philips. He only fired Joker Philips because we forced his hand. The board took basketball away from him. He signed Mark Stoops to an one way contract. He allowed what ever the hell happened to womens basketball without telling his coach to start doing his GD job. The SEC threw so much money at UK even he was able to finally upgrade the recruiting rooom. He disrespected a vast number of fans with his disparaging remarks, but yeah, he did a good job.

I haven't set down to do a +/- list on him, but i suspect if it's not break even it's very close, and if you knock off the "we didn't cheat" which is the least you should expect from your AD then he's on the minus side by a lot. Wish I could find a job that paid me nearly a million a year to sit on my ass and glad hand fat cat donors who want seats in Rupp.

He let football languish for 10 years. He hired Billy Gillispie with a contract written on a knapkin. He hired Joker Philips. He only fired Joker Philips because we forced his hand. The board took basketball away from him. He signed Mark Stoops to an one way contract. He allowed what ever the hell happened to womens basketball without telling his coach to start doing his GD job. The SEC threw so much money at UK even he was able to finally upgrade the recruiting rooom. He disrespected a vast number of fans with his disparaging remarks, but yeah, he did a good job.

I haven't set down to do a +/- list on him, but i suspect if it's not break even it's very close, and if you knock off the "we didn't cheat" which is the least you should expect from your AD then he's on the minus side by a lot. Wish I could find a job that paid me nearly a million a year to sit on my ass and glad hand fat cat donors who want seats in Rupp.
I’ll just ask this question. Name me a team that is not in better shape/more competitive now than when he took over in 2002. Maybe there is, just curious.

Interesting since you seem to think it’s ok to just hate on KSR and Matt Jones for no reason
For no reason? Anytime I've ever said anything bad about Matt Jones it's been for a very specific reason. The time he assassinated Coach Cal's character and called him dirty, then claiming he only said it because he was jealous. Yeah, I have an issue with that. Him stealing others work and presenting as his own. Him profiting off the likeness of UK players. Dude is a shady character, on top of that, he's not very knowledgeable about sports, which is fine, but you sheep get your panties in a bunch anytime anyone questions his opinion. He didnt even know what a dime defense was in football, but you can't question his football IQ. He said UK doesnt care about the common fan because they dont sell them beer, but people in suites get alchohol. That's a SEC rule and an SEC loophole, he's clueless. Plus there's the numerous BS rumors hes started. A good number of fans here thought Wenyen and his family were dirt poor when in reality they are just fine. Guess who started that rumor... Matt Jones.

Reactions: FltDoc and thepip
I hope that one day soon I'll be able to make colossal blunders like the Joker Phillips Head Coach in waiting and the BG hire and get a $195000 dollar a year raise!
What AD hasn't made a bad hire. Oh wait, you couldn't name one if your life depended on it. Almist all ADs have made multiple bad hires, hiring coaches isnt an exact science. That's like whining about a coach getting a raise after having a bad season 8 years ago. MB quickly fixed his mistakes and recovered and the athletics department is doing great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT