ADVERTISEMENT

Mintz tweet

tenor.gif

Why would anyone want to have another season like this one?

They will be worse next season.

Would have loved to have him his whole career. It's a shame Cal let him down with this senior season.

why would he leave? he isn't going to the NBA, ever. if he goes pro, it would be somewhere outside the country. right now, this is not a great time to travel anywhere. he would be better off staying here another year if Cal wants him. We could certainly use him.

I wouldn't read too much into his comments. I will say he's won my respect as a hard nosed competitor and a guy who can take and make clutch shots.

why would he leave? he isn't going to the NBA, ever. if he goes pro, it would be somewhere outside the country. right now, this is not a great time to travel anywhere. he would be better off staying here another year if Cal wants him. We could certainly use him.
The question Mintz needs to answer is whether his long term career and earning potential is basketball or something else. If something else then staying to get the advanced degree I hear he badly wants and came to UK for then staying is the thing To do. Besides another year of college fun will not impact his total lifetime income much.

I told my godson the same a few weeks ago when we talked about his going back to grad school for a free extra year of COVID earned football scholarship. He isn’t going to the NFL so have another year of fun.

Conversely if Mintz sees basketball as his career and best earnings potential then being already 22 implies the time for him to earn in any league is diminishing. Giving up another year of basketball earnings is a significant percentage. It is major incentive even for 19 YO OAD guys.

ADVERTISEMENT