ADVERTISEMENT

Mining UL boards for comic relief struck gold again!

Why not have a ''bunch of UK cronies on the BOT."? they're merely a small branch of the flagship, the University Of Kentucky. UK-Louisville.

Last edited:
“Not so long ago”? It was 28 freaking years ago. 28 years...how many probations has Louisville been on in that timeframe. I can’t wait for their 30 for 30 episode.

According to their history it was so long ago it doesn't count. No dvds, vhs, atari, phones with cords. Ancient history

Letter from UofL Athletics Department to ticket-holders:

To our fans,
Thank you!

You are our heartbeat and our spirit. Your passion provides our student-athletes with an intangible strength to dream without limits and achieve the loftiest of goals. You lift them up -- to give their best on the field, in the community and in the classroom. Your gift of loyalty, emotion and appreciation drives us and we wanted to reach out to simply express our gratitude.

This is certainly a challenging time in our program's history, but your unwavering support empowers all of us to push forward in the face of adversity. We are working diligently to shore up our men’s basketball program and are confident that David Padgett and his staff will represent you and our university well this season.

You rejoiced in good times and have been stalwart in the tough moments. Our student-athletes have never needed your support more than they do right now.

True to form, as Louisville Cardinals, we will persevere. We will stand on the extraordinary foundation that has been laid and we will meet the goals set for our program: maintain the highest level of ethics, achieve superior results athletically and academically, provide best-in-class facilities and continue our path of success as a proud member of the ACC.

We are devout in our commitment to right our wrongs and make you proud. This is our imperative. It is our top priority to ensure that we drive this university forward and provide the very best for our entire community, especially our student-athletes.

It is our honor and privilege to serve you and to have you with us on this journey. We sincerely appreciate your continued support. It is our mission to represent the Louisville Cardinals in a manner that is emblematic of this great city.

Sincerely,
University of Louisville Athletics Department

GO CARDS!

https://louisville.forums.rivals.co...ity-of-louisville-until-postel-is-gone.36137/ My favorite Tard poster has struck again. This tool has again set the Gold Standard for miserable butt hurt crybabies. As always everything is the fault of UK. LOL

He's doubling down on his hatred. Now, he is boycotting the entire state. This guy has some real issues. Borderline psychotic hysteria. His reasons for hating everything outside Louisville? Oh, they're gold Jerry...GOLD!

Well I won't lie, I've never cared for the state of Kentucky. Why should I care for a state that hates my city and my university? The city of Louisville is the lone beacon of light in a state full of darkness (racism, discrimination, hate, drug abuse, cheating just to win at basketball) and I despise the fact that Louisville loses 50% of its taxes to a state that hates its guts. This is the state trying to put not only UofL but the city of Louisville back in its place.

My only wish is that the University of Louisville would stop playing My Old Kentucky Home at home games. We should not honor a song that honors racism and bigotry, never mind a song for a state that hates its main city and economic engine. For years I have refused to stand and respect My Old Kentucky Home. As far as I'm concerned I'll never visit the state of Kentucky outside of the city of Louisville ever again. It's a good thing I saw the Corvette museum back in September.

Reactions: RDCat07
Over on the UL scout board I found this gem by CardJunkie

https://scout.com/college/louisvill...-who-believe-Rick-didnt-know-109146249?Page=2

"Exactly, so many people want to talk crap and don't even have the basic facts right.

I thought Pitino just looked the other way and knew about it when this first came out, how does a 5 star McDonald's AA fall in your lap? Then, I saw a post that was confirmed and it changed my opinion. Obviously, Pitino was familiar with Bowen as he watched him play against Romeo live on ESPN. But I didn't know (until the post) that Pitino had offered Bowen as a sophomore and while both sides had drifted away over Bowen's Jr and Sr years, the scholarship offer was never pulled. That is a key point that is rarely discussed, Pitino and Louisville had recruited this kid early on.

Then, the texts speak for themselves. Dawkins, who Pitino knows as Jaylen Johnson's AAU coach, contacts Pitino out of the blue about Bowen. Mitchell has decided to stay in the draft, Bowen has been waiting to see who stays/goes because he wants to play immediately. Louisville has a top 10 team returning, loses their star player that played Bowen's position, makes sense that the kid would be interested. I think Pitino is telling the truth, he really thought Bowen fell in his lap.

Then, Dawkins picks Jordan Fair, Louisville's youngest most inexperienced assistant, to start networking with so he can set up a situation like he had at Auburn, USC, Oklahoma State and Arizona. He gets Louisville players with the help of Adidas and Fair steers all players with NBA potential toward Dawkins who wants to become an agent.

There is NO WAY that Pitino is rolling the dice and lying to the FBI at this point, he has nothing to gain. He's not getting his job back and the worthless NCAA hasn't even started their shit show. If Pitino "knew" he would be laying low and keeping his mouth shut. He made two bad hires, he deserved to lose his job, even though the process was a train wreck and will cost the University a ton of cash IMO. However, Pitino isn't lying, Jay Bilas isn't a fool and Pitino isn't risking going to prison for lying to the FBI."

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Who the hell is letting them multiply in that city? dump birth control into the water supply before its too late
Notice Pitino is not lashing out at the FBI...but ul addias NCAA etc...

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
He's doubling down on his hatred. Now, he is boycotting the entire state. This guy has some real issues. Borderline psychotic hysteria. His reasons for hating everything outside Louisville? Oh, they're gold Jerry...GOLD!

Well I won't lie, I've never cared for the state of Kentucky. Why should I care for a state that hates my city and my university? The city of Louisville is the lone beacon of light in a state full of darkness (racism, discrimination, hate, drug abuse, cheating just to win at basketball) and I despise the fact that Louisville loses 50% of its taxes to a state that hates its guts. This is the state trying to put not only UofL but the city of Louisville back in its place.

My only wish is that the University of Louisville would stop playing My Old Kentucky Home at home games. We should not honor a song that honors racism and bigotry, never mind a song for a state that hates its main city and economic engine. For years I have refused to stand and respect My Old Kentucky Home. As far as I'm concerned I'll never visit the state of Kentucky outside of the city of Louisville ever again. It's a good thing I saw the Corvette museum back in September.
I sincerely hope this is the prevailing attitude of most Tard fans. You could cut the bitterness with a knife. It’s truly glorious.

Most of them think they're better than everybody else.

XTExKa4.png

LOL here is another absolute gem from the scout board.. by JunkYardCard

https://scout.com/college/louisvill...owens-family-actually-paid-the-100K-109154084

"I know Andre did what he did. But I also think the actual events were first discovered by people who mean us harm and then grossly exaggerated by a woman with an ax to grind. I still think if the WHOLE truth were known, it would be more harmful to the sponsors of KP's handlers than it would be to us.

As for Fair and Adidas, well they did what they did too. There is no escaping it. But to me that also feels somewhat constructed by others. Why was Adidas bringing us a recruit we really weren't even asking for? Who suggested they do that? Fair's involvement seems like malignant neglect.

Adidas Guy: "Hey Jordan, we can get this superstar recruit to come to Louisville, but we need to pay him."
Jordan Fair: "Uhhhh, okay man. Whatever. Just keep a low profile."

The whole "Pitino swings a big dick at Adidas" line does not reconcile with Pitino not knowing about the deal, which he clearly did not based on the polygraph. But the "keep a low profile" line damn sure adds up. The swinging dick remark just sounds like bullshit after seeing the polygraph.

So why drop this in Fair's lap? Again, we did what we did. So it's over from there. But the absurdity of the timing is something I still can't ignore."

[roll][roll][roll]

Nothing is ever on them except for hiring people who conspire against them.

I’m truly at a loss of effing words. That was... Jesus that is such a far reach... like they would defend him on ANYTHING.

God it’s so amazing. They are forever tarnished as a team and as a fanbase. Just as I always say to enjoy this time with Cal .., also enjoy this epically awesome $hit storm that is UL athletics.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

He’s seriously dead inside. Like emotionally (at least normal emotion) he’s honestly just a terrible pereon. Idk if he’s always been a terrible person or became one at UL but Jesus he’s looked like utter $hit for the last several years.

But I don’t feel bad. He’s a POS

But ... I mean he’s made our bitter arch rival a complete nationwide laughingstock. So I’ll give him that.

@Steelers2012 - watchu think ?

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
LoL this OP in this thread is just wow. its from UofLTheElite

https://scout.com/college/louisville/Board/103990/Contents/How-can-you-dislike-Pitino-How-can-you-be-for-the-firing-of-Tom-109175770

"I don't get some of our fans. It's like they are happy about this. As if losing the greatest AD in the country is a good thing? Pitino has us in championship contention EVERY year. Basketball is always exciting here. He won us a title, three final fours, and even though we've underachieved a few times, we're always there.

He's had his hiccups but no man is perfect, and I truly believe he is innocent. It's not about us, it's about the players and they love Rick. All his players do, even past ones. That says a lot to me. That shows what kind of man you are to me. Lot of stones being thrown in glass houses IMO. I truly believe this was an inside job to get rid of Tom and RP. It sucks to watch so helplessly.

Now, I'm not giving up hope in athletics, but I don't have faith yet in the future.

Say what you want about Tom and Rick, but they gave us some of the best memories as Cardinal fans over the last 17 years. Tom with all sports. It's just amazing that it's all being thrown away for what I think is unfair reasoning."

Reactions: University-6

Spot on ul fan. Get caught in multiple scandals and blame others. Perfect for them.

If this happened to UK , UL fans (idiots ) would be having a field day bashing us. It’s normal to “defend” your team when ish goes down but these clowns take it to a whole other level.

I promise, as many of you would agree , if this happened wiTh Cal/ MB/ UK
I’d be HAPPY with cleaning house . They just look idiotic defending them in the most bizarre scenerois .

They are probably the most corrupt Basketball program in the country - and it’s not just UK fans who think that . It’s everyone . It’s so glorious

So so glorious

@Cue Card ? Thoughts ?
@zipp ?

Reactions: University-6
Boycotting the University.

Folks are speaking out of shock. They truly believed that they were doing it the right way and being outlandishly successful doing it.
No one asked how a medium sized city in a smaller population state could wheel and deal like they did.....they put some major players in the dust with the expansions and new buildings the Athletic department put up.
Too giddy about winning.
They thought it was worth it....pitinos Miss steps, bringing back Petrino, Jurich being paid triple what an AD would make.....
Now that cost starts to come home....and even for me when you look at the millions and millions of dollars in fines, misappropriation, under the table dealing.....it's nearly unbelievable.

After reading the post on this board I realize UL fans have discovered a truth that has escaped UK fans. They know that universities were not established for the benefit of students and higher education, but rather sports. Wake up UK fans!

Boycotting the University.

Folks are speaking out of shock. They truly believed that they were doing it the right way and being outlandishly successful doing it.
No one asked how a medium sized city in a smaller population state could wheel and deal like they did.....they put some major players in the dust with the expansions and new buildings the Athletic department put up.
Too giddy about winning.
They thought it was worth it....pitinos Miss steps, bringing back Petrino, Jurich being paid triple what an AD would make.....
Now that cost starts to come home....and even for me when you look at the millions and millions of dollars in fines, misappropriation, under the table dealing.....it's nearly unbelievable.
Amen . Yet no one has tried to clean up the Yum deal. They are still getting away with murder having the taxpayers finance their div 1 athletic program to the tune of about an 18million dollar annual subsidy .

ADVERTISEMENT