ADVERTISEMENT

Milt Wagner Hired At UL!

cObJfCo.gif

so everybody here says dj wagner is now committed to play for u6. because his grandfather is in a fake job title at u6. wow. i hope the kid knows he has no choice but to play there. everyones getting all riled up over something that hasnt happened. just assuming it will. doesnt take much for people to jump off a bridge.
It would be too much to ask for for people to not post knee-jerk reaction posts here. Not sure how most of them function day to day. I'll wait and see a little longer, think Kentucky will end up just fine for the 2023 recruiting class.

Ul with 2 pending NCAA sanction for blatant cheating and now trying to circumvent the rules on hiring family members.
Cmon. The NCAA won’t allow this. So obvious.
I wouldn’t want UK to try this type of recruiting.
Distasteful and desperate. UK’s dominance over u6 forces them to take illegal actions.
Hope the NCAA sees through this ruse gets angry and issues a statement this won’t fly and deals u6 a heavy probation.

The kid has not signed yet. What “rule” has UofL broken?

I mean the wheels have really just flown off the car Cal was driving, huh?

Maybe that’s why we haven’t heard news on an Assistant Coach, maybe Cal is contemplating his own future at this point. Just lost a kid in who’s been a virtual lock for years.

Cal’s camp has been quite quiet the past couple weeks.

It would be too much to ask for for people to not post knee-jerk reaction posts here. Not sure how most of them function day to day. I'll wait and see a little longer, think Kentucky will end up just fine for the 2023 recruiting class.
You are one of the ones that said Sharpe would play so..........

Knee jerk reactions? Every knee jerk reaction in the last 6 months has come to fruition.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

What do you think a message board is? Do you want every poster to wait patiently on the news becoming official, then come to the thread where DJ Wagner commits to Louisville and type: "I see, well I guess this was a possible outcome, best wishes."

No this is a message board where our coach loses a recruit that's been a "UK lock" for years to our most hated rival and we don't wait 6-8 months for it to become official, we get angry now.

Reactions: thepip
I don't know what Cal can do here.. UofL just brought out the "big guns", to which Cal has no answer for. If you don't want to lose recruits like this, then start playing the game.

Either we can sit on our moral high ground and become irrelevant, or make up a damn $100k 1-year job for the kids family member, which will pay for itself if that kid even helps us win just ONE game in the tournament.

jfc.. it feels like were living in the Twilight Zone. These other programs are light years ahead of us and it only took a few years for them to get there.
I mean Cal has an open assistant position…

I mean the wheels have really just flown off the car Cal was driving, huh?

Maybe that’s why we haven’t heard news on an Assistant Coach, maybe Cal is contemplating his own future at this point. Just lost a kid in who’s been a virtual lock for years.

Cal’s camp has been quite quiet the past couple weeks.
Who did they lose?

Wow. He committed? I missed that. Can you link the announcement.
It’s on Instagram, I don’t know how to link it here.

Can you link me any Shaedon UK merch? I really wanna pick some up before next season, I can’t wait to watch him lead us!

Reactions: Fox2monk
It’s on Instagram, I don’t know how to link it here.

Can you link me any Shaedon UK merch? I really wanna pick some up before next season, I can’t wait to watch him lead us!
Drop his name at the Porsche dealership. They will throw in a free oil change. Nothing on instagram. He must have already decomitted. Tough break for Kenny.

1. UT hired Alan Houston's dad to get him - they weren't very good.
2. Wagner will be a one and done
3. UofL still faces a major probation penalty
4. Payne has never been a head coach, at any level
5. Had Wagner come to UK, who can say for sure Cal would even play him? Legit question now

Reactions: CGblue
yeah just hire more Wagners that they do. Robert Wagner, Lindsay Wagner, Honus Wagner . . . get em all!
😂 Honus Wagner 😂!!!!’ I bet Honus had a hell of a nice 2 handed set shot off one foot back in 1939. Bring em on. The Watkins are welcome too. It’s a good time to cut all this ol foolishness out and bring em all in! Wait til ol uncle William Worldwide Wagner shows up. Are folks around the bluegrass in for a treat! From Pikeville to Paducah basketball bennies will all fall in love with their knowledge of the game of being assistants to Assistant of Head Coaches Assistants assistants.

You can’t blame DJ a lick if he goes there. He would become their Mashburn. Why turn that down just to gooooooooo?

People are reading WAY too much into this from all angles.

I don't think Milt was hired just to get DJ. Milt would likely have been hired regardless of if he had a talented grandson. Milt and Kenny were teammates and have been friends for nearly 40 years.

I can't imagine a scenario where the #1 player in the country, who's Dad was also an elite recruit and is well connected to the AAU scene and to Cal - is going to be swayed by where his Grandpa works.

This will come down to 3 things:
- The coaches. All of them, the head coaches and the assistants. Which one DJ feels more comfortable with.
- NIL package. Cal seems to indicate that he doesn't want to make personalized NIL pitches part of the recruiting experience. UofL insiders have mentioned that the NIL department is working on something for DJ that is more than a local NIL deal. I don't know if this is something with Roc Nation but thats the vibe everyone seems to be leaning. No idea what that means, just mentioning what we're being told.
- Is WWW involved in this recruitment? Its been mentioned that he is, but who knows. If so, where does he push DJ?
THIS

Reactions: EKYCard643
Why would the NBA want him?

He failed badly in his prior NBA stint with the Nets. He’s no longer considered a hot commodity. And the thing he’s known for doing best (recruiting) doesn’t apply at that level.

Folks hoping the NBA will hire him away are barking up the wrong tree. They’re no longer showing any interest in him the way they did a decade ago …and it’s hard to see any reason why they should.
Why would a NBA team want Cal? Look no further than the pedigree he has playing there now. That’s assuming (and I’m not) he still has a great relationship with guys like AD, Townes, Booker etc.

His work ethic and body language are saying he’s about finished at UK, so it looks like one of the two are going to happen.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Knee jerk reactions? Every knee jerk reaction in the last 6 months has come to fruition.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

What do you think a message board is? Do you want every poster to wait patiently on the news becoming official, then come to the thread where DJ Wagner commits to Louisville and type: "I see, well I guess this was a possible outcome, best wishes."

No this is a message board where our coach loses a recruit that's been a "UK lock" for years to our most hated rival and we don't wait 6-8 months for it to become official, we get angry now.
I guess I expect somewhat intelligent takes without all the histrionics.

First of all, it's not certain whether Louisville will even be allowed to take Wagner as a commit with this hiring, and second of all, pending sanctions will definitely give elite prospects pause at commiting there.

I'm also pretty skeptical at all these predictions becoming accurate. Still a lot to be decided at this point.

Have all the "Sharpe will be back" folks now moved on to "Wagner will still be coming, it will all be okay," camp?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT