ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Pratt . . .

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro
Said during the game that it was like being at a Lakers game with all the celebrities in attendance.

Apparently, celebrities don’t attend Knick’s games.

At one point, a player fell into the first row, and Pratt said, “those seats are about $250 during a Knicks game; probably not quite as much today.”

Try $2,000 +, Mike.

UK should play at Rupp as much as possible. I don't like all these excuses for a commerical games they play on neutral courts. No wonder they aren't well attended with those ridiculous ticket prices. Just let the home folks see them play at home or nearby. Go play "neutral sites" in Cincy or Indy or Nashville where UK fans will fill the arenas.

UK should play at Rupp as much as possible. I don't like all these excuses for a commerical games they play on neutral courts. No wonder they aren't well attended with those ridiculous ticket prices. Just let the home folks see them play at home or nearby. Go play "neutral sites" in Cincy or Indy or Nashville where UK fans will fill the arenas.

It's for recruiting. Cal always tries to play one up East, one in Chicago and one out west. Kids can come out and check out the Cats, etc.

Plus, there's the benefit of playing neutral site games to prep a young team for the postseason.

Believe it or not, the games serve other purposes than to entertain UK fans.

I'm glad we get that kind of exposure but this team is starting to come together. It's time to start making up the competition to see what we really have. I wish the Kansas game was today. We may still have lost but I think we would have benefited from it more now that the kids heads aren't still spinning from the change of speed from high school to college.

Man, we'll complain about anything won't we? We're now complaining about our guys going up to play in the Garden. SMGDH. It's great for recruiting, great for the kids on our squad that are from that area and it's a great experience for our team. How many people can say that they played in the Garden?

Reactions: BlueSince92
CATS playing at MSG is a good thing IMO. Yeah, it would be nice to see a marquee game but it is what it is right now.

I saw Bob Knight and coach K get married at half court at MSG a few years ago, followed by a UK over KU romp. Checked off the bucket list.

Reactions: UKUGA and catben
Why would you pay $2000 to watch any sporting event.

Sadly this goes for all sporting events, it’s becoming events for just the corporate and rich to go and see the game. Corporate buys a lot and then you have the richest people buying the rest for the big events. For $2000 last year at World Series you would’ve had a “view” across the street from Wrigley Field.

Reactions: Chuckinden
You could have bought a ticket at Center Court 15 rows up for $50 today before the game on StubHub.

Reactions: UKUGA
Sadly this goes for all sporting events, it’s becoming events for just the corporate and rich to go and see the game. Corporate buys a lot and then you have the richest people buying the rest for the big events. For $2000 last year at World Series you would’ve had a “view” across the street from Wrigley Field.
I'm glad I don't have the desire anymore to attend college or pro sporting events very much. It's gotten so commercial and expensive. I can afford it, but just refuse to throw away money just to experience the game atmosphere. I'll still catch a few games here and there, but it will be on my own terms.

Yeah I loved the games against IU at Freedom Hall.
No wonder attendance is down. Look at the cost to take your family to a game. I can buy the latest greatest television and enjoy every game for what you pay to attend once if several people are going. Not to mention all the comfort and amenities of home. I've been blessed to attend numerous games and I'm all for fans getting the live game experience but sometimes ticket prices are just astronomical.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT