ADVERTISEMENT

Mick Cronin

justin_uk_5

Junior
Gold Member
May 26, 2007
not trying to be negative, but I really don’t like that guy. Very shady, immature, and portrays a little man syndrome personality. It’s like he’s the ring leader of a gang.

He’s an....

latest

I still remember when Cronin was whining to other coaches behind the scenes that we were cheating after Cal swooped in at the last minute and took a recruit from him.

Cal caught word of it and let him have it. Basically told him we would take any recruit from him that we wanted when we wanted.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
“One-hundred percent true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like, ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying -’

‘No, I haven’t been saying–‘

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes, I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”

not trying to be negative, but I really don’t like that guy. Very shady, immature, and portrays a little man syndrome personality. It’s like he’s the ring leader of a gang.
Would love for UofL to hire Cronin. He would be perfect for that rats nest at UofL. I mean with no Crum, Jurich, or Pitino. It's not as much fun to hate UL now. Cronin would pick up right were the other 3 jerks left off. He's such a punk it would make it fun to hate UL again.

“One-hundred percent true, John confronts this guy in Vegas, because he heard the guy was yapping. He confronts him. Cal approaches the coach and says something like, ‘Listen, I know what you’ve been saying -’

‘I know you did, I know you said what you said. I’ve heard it from enough people, but I want you to understand one thing. Yes, I am the type of guy who can come in at the last minute and take any player I want from you. You can spend your whole life recruiting a kid and at the end of the day, if I want him, I’ll get him. If we want him, we’ll get him. Don’t ever get that confused. Be appreciative every time I don’t come in and get your guy. Don’t accuse me of cheating when I do.

‘I didn’t say–‘

‘Yes you did say that. And it’s fine, but just understand, nothing stupid went on. It’s just that I’m me, and we’re Kentucky and we can come in and get that kid whenever we want.”
That arrogance and confidence is why he is perfect for the UK coaching job.

Jp macura became one of my favorite players telling Cronin to F off. He's a big advocate against nick Cronin disease.

‘I didn’t say–‘

Cal is the Godfather in real life.

Cronin isn't very popular among UC fans, even though he is one of them. He took an assistant's job at Louisville when Pitino first got there (understandable) but Huggins, who gave him his break, found out during the press conference in Louisville announcing him (not understandable).

The thing is...Xavier has now pretty much UC-Lite.....everything they used to rip on UC for (under Huggins), they aren't that much different nowadays. Neither of those programs or coaches are very likeable to be honest.

ADVERTISEMENT