ADVERTISEMENT

Miami sees Herro as "Second Coming of Klay Thompson"

No they did not. Just like I had to do on the very topic over at KSR, i will have to correct you. A GM from another team said that. Not Miami. The guy wished to remain anonymous was quoted on that, not Pat Riley or anyone from the Heat organization. READ the article.

Reactions: UK90
NBA GM tells me @MiamiHEAT G Tyler Herro has been "untouchable" all along in trade talks, including Bradley Beal. Could change, of course, but Miami needs rookie deals and, "They think they’ve got the second coming of Klay Thompson."

"NBA GM tells me." Now where did it say Miami said it. If you actually read the article, the writer actually says at the end of it, "it is not a fair comparison for a rookie and Klay is a top 5 defensive player, Herro has a ways to go just to get to where he is serviceable on defense, in fairness to Miami, they did not say that, a rival GM did."

No they did not. Just like I had to do on the very topic over at KSR, i will have to correct you. A GM from another team said that. Not Miami. The guy wished to remain anonymous was quoted on that, not Pat Riley or anyone from the Heat organization. READ the article.

LOL

giphy.gif

I bow before your superior sleuthing skills. You win the internet today!

Reactions: chroix and MWes11
Actually I won it yesterday when I read the actual article they was quoting. Posting stuff like that is how BS gets started. I mean is it a minor thing ? Yes, but at the same time, the sportswriters today do that exact same thing. They post what they think will generate the biggest click # for them, facts be damned. It is not that big of a deal, but if you post something as fact, make sure it actually is.
A writer stating "anonymous GM says he THINKS Miami thinks they have the next Klay Thompson" just does not have the wow factor. So instead they say "Miami thinks." Quite a few people are giving the heat some flack over the quote, and they did not even say it.

Actually I won it yesterday when I read the actual article they was quoting. Posting stuff like that is how BS gets started. I mean is it a minor thing ? Yes, but at the same time, the sportswriters today do that exact same thing. They post what they think will generate the biggest click # for them, facts be damned. It is not that big of a deal, but if you post something as fact, make sure it actually is.
A writer stating "anonymous GM says he THINKS Miami thinks they have the next Klay Thompson" just does not have the wow factor. So instead they say "Miami thinks." Quite a few people are giving the heat some flack over the quote, and they did not even say it.
Sir yes sir

where would we be without you

It's KSR so they even say facts are optional.

That's actually not even a very good comparison.

They're both shooters at the same position, but Herro's handle/vision is a much bigger part of his game, whereas Klay plays off the ball a lot more but is a better man-to-man defender.
Agree.. Herro seems like he can create better off the dribble. Klay is more of a catch and shoot player on the offensive end. You can count the number of dribbles Klay takes in a game on one hand. He isn't putting the ball on the floor very often at all. Herro can catch and shoot, too, but he also like to put the ball on the floor.

Klay also a very, very good defender.

Reactions: Greatestalltime
Tyler is more of a mix between Booker and Murray. He has the midrange and 3point shooting ability of Booker mixed with the finishing creativity of Murray.

Not sure why he wasn't considered a 5 star HS player. It might be because he dominated in what looked like not that great competition?

Reactions: TopCatCal
And just think. If Herro had stuck with his original commitment to Wisconsin. He would be beginning his sophomore season there, & who would have ever heard of him. Instead he choose Kentucky & after only 1 season here was a lottery pick & is now a multi millionaire. How could any recruit say no to Kentucky?

Amen. Reading comprehension issues, someone makes a post (not speaking specifically to this post), everyone just reads the post without reading it for themselves, and all of a sudden the whole thing takes on a life of its own when it was all either a.) taken out of context or b.) just misinterpreted entirely to begin with. Pet peeve of mine and it happens almost every day.

Reactions: UK90
Amen. Reading comprehension issues, someone makes a post (not speaking specifically to this post), everyone just reads the post without reading it for themselves, and all of a sudden the whole thing takes on a life of its own when it was all either a.) taken out of context or b.) just misinterpreted entirely to begin with. Pet peeve of mine and it happens almost every day.

Agree. And I even stated it was not a big deal, just make sure you make sure it is fact, not opinion and then state it as fact. I read too many comment sections on different sites about the topic, and several people where bashing the Heat organization, hell even Herro. I did not think i was "winning the internet" (how does one actually win the internet ?), trying to be a know it all, or trying to be Holier-than-thou. I just thought it was not fair to Tyler Herro or the Heat to catch all the heat for some silly comment they did not even make.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Can anyone explain why Herro was SO highly regarded even before he came to campus at UK but he was ranked as a 4 star and not a 5? How in the world was he not a 5? I never did get that.

because he didn’t pick duke. Maybe people will disagree with me, but my mind is made up. He would have been promoted to five stars if he had gone to duke. Instead he came to uk, and got promoted to the first round of the draft. I think he made the right choice.

Duke takes a former #1 recruit in Reddish and turns his into a #10 pick.

Cal takes a former #35ish recruit in Herro and turns him into a Rookie of the Year candidate.

listen it could happen but I wouldn’t call Herro a ROY candidate just yet. Let’s pump the brakes.

Reactions: d2atTech
zion already won roy anyway. someone is saying they’re treating him like the second coming because they are not willing to deal him. it’s a remark based on what miami thinks of herro not what everyone else thinks. that said i’d be surprised if he’s not in the running for the all rookie first team.

Klay is an off the ball type player and hardly needs any dribbles to get his points. Tyler is a pretty much guard that thrives with the ball in his hands... I honestly see more Jamal Murray in him than Klay Thompson!!!

Once again, y'all realize nobody in Miami ever actually compared him to Klay, right? it's just kinda funny to see a discussion go on and on like this over a phony quote that was not actually said.

Reactions: STL_Cat
That's actually not even a very good comparison.

They're both shooters at the same position, but Herro's handle/vision is a much bigger part of his game, whereas Klay plays off the ball a lot more but is a better man-to-man defender.

Totally agree. 3 and D vs a creator with ample D.

It’s really not that serious brother.

Once again, y'all realize nobody in Miami ever actually compared him to Klay, right? it's just kinda funny to see a discussion go on and on like this over a phony quote that was not actually said.

That was exactly my point. Then people started trying to act like I was being a ass. I said it was not a big deal, but the legend just keeps growing and growing.

That was exactly my point. Then people started trying to act like I was being a ass. I said it was not a big deal, but the legend just keeps growing and growing.
hmmm. Not sure I see the distinction you guys are making.

I didn't read the piece, just the tweet. It's not as though some anonymous GM said "I think he's the next KT" and someone got sloppy and attributed that to Miami. The anonymous GM is telling you what Miami thinks based on his conversations with them. Whether Pat Riley says something, or someone else tells you what Pat Riley said, the point is still the same. Unless I'm missing the point being made......I take a backseat to no one in my incredulity at sloppy news coverage, but .....

Reactions: ganner918
ADVERTISEMENT