ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis fans will absolutely hate this quote from James Wiseman

He would have to reclassify to do that though, correct?

Appearing our guys are both coming this year.

Reactions: Catzman
He would have to reclassify to do that though, correct?
Not necessarily. Neither Hagans nor Maxey has reclassified. There is a popular assumption around here that both will, but I think it's more likely that 1 will and the other won't. I have believed all along, and still do, that Wiseman will sign in UK's 2019 class along with Jeffries.

I believe he had his mind made up he was a Cat and then they hired PH at UM and made it tough on him. If Maxey and Hagans come this year and are OAD it actually hurts us with Wiseman? It appears Wiseman has no intention of recassifying. Not sure this news makes me feel any better about him coming unless someone can tell me one of those guards plans to stay in 19 or plans to play 2 years.

I believe he had his mind made up he was a Cat and then they hired PH at UM and made it tough on him. If Maxey and Hagans come this year and are OAD it actually hurts us with Wiseman? It appears Wiseman has no intention of recassifying. Not sure this news makes me feel any better about him coming unless someone can tell me one of those guards plans to stay in 19 or plans to play 2 years.

I think that’s pretty rational and I kind of agree. We can only believe what he’s said numerous times and his mother emphatically said he won’t reclassify. Yes, I’m aware he could still reclassify, but if you are going off what he and his mom have repeatedly said, it sounds awesome that he wants to play with those two as they seem to both want to reclassify, but if he doesn’t reclassify, then I still don’t know what to expect since he’d be in a different class. It’s great, but still kind of weird since he wouldn’t play with them if they reclassify and he doesn’t.

Reactions: Looksbetterinblue
If he’s deciding in two months he knows where he’s headed.

I think that’s pretty rational and I kind of agree. We can only believe what he’s said numerous times and his mother emphatically said he won’t reclassify. Yes, I’m aware he could still reclassify, but if you are going off what he and his mom have repeatedly said, it sounds awesome that he wants to play with those two as they seem to both want to reclassify, but if he doesn’t reclassify, then I still don’t know what to expect since he’d be in a different class. It’s great, but still kind of weird since he wouldn’t play with them if they reclassify and he doesn’t.

I believe his Mom stated she cannot see him reclassifying....she may have a come to Jesus moment and then she will see the light...

Let me guess....all of you guys assume Hagans and Maxey ars only playing one year without taking a collegiate dribble???? Let it play out just one time please

Just thinking out loud:

Tyrese Maxey is a 6'3 combo guard. His future in the league is at point with the ability to also move off the ball if you have another good guard. Think Dame Lillard or Jamal Murray.

Maybe the plan is to play combo next year, have the keys given to him in 2019 with a bunch of talented freshmen around him, and then go lottery.

You're still in the NBA at the same time you'd have already been, as he's not a guy like Hagans who is old for his grade, but you had two years to develop and show you can be a PG.

Reactions: westerncat
There's just no way Wiseman says that by accident. Of all the guys he's played with or knows, he names the two guards Kentucky is reclassifying and adding next season? Really? That's a coincidence?

Maybe with the rule change coming for 2020, Cal is selling these kids on playing a year of college as extra prep, extra seasoning, extra exposure to prove yourself to pro teams that will be hesitant to take a high school kid (which was the reason for the OaD rule in the first place).

Whatever you think of college basketball and their development related to the pros, it's undoubtedly better than what they get in high school. Because there are way too many kids with reclassification rumors around them with that rule change lurking.

Something is going on.

If he’s deciding in two months he knows where he’s headed.

Wiseman knows where he will commit to. This is all show. He's known for a while imo. Thats why I think he's UK bound.

If he choses not to play college ball, he will pick Memphis to be nice to Penny but will never play.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I believe his Mom stated she cannot see him reclassifying....she may have a come to Jesus moment and then she will see the light...

If that’s the case then obviously it would be awesome.

Just thinking out loud:

Tyrese Maxey is a 6'3 combo guard. His future in the league is at point with the ability to also move off the ball if you have another good guard. Think Dame Lillard or Jamal Murray.

Maybe the plan is to play combo next year, have the keys given to him in 2019 with a bunch of talented freshmen around him, and then go lottery.

You're still in the NBA at the same time you'd have already been, as he's not a guy like Hagans who is old for his grade, but you had two years to develop and show you can be a PG.
I think Hagans will probably reclassify forward to 2018 while Maxey, Wiseman, and Jeffries will probably remain in our 2019 class. I do not see a valid comparison between Maxey and Murray. Maxey's game reminds me of a righthanded De'Aaron Fox.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT