ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis coach David Fizdale unloads on the refs.

Pop is the Coach K of professional basketball.

If I'm going to fish you I don't give a crap who your team is I don't give a crap who your coach is I'm there to do my job and I take pride in doing it right. Why would any official want to make himself look stupid because they have a bias towards a certain team and coach?

I sometimes wish Coach Cal would come out and say something like that after a game and take the fine just to get more people talking about the bad officiating. It shouldn't take a bunch of fans harassing a ref to get the message across. To many journalist just ignore it for certain teams.

Reactions: jedwar
I sometimes wish Coach Cal would come out and say something like that after a game and take the fine just to get more people talking about the bad officiating. It shouldn't take a bunch of fans harassing a ref to get the message across. To many journalist just ignore it for certain teams.
That's where I agree too. Even though I believe cal is the bigger man.

It's why I loved the 30for30 portions where Cal was ripping the officials.

Despite never brining it up to the media.. He tells his teams they were robbed and he tells officials they would never make those calls on another coach. It's a good start. He gets it. He knows what we all thought for the last decade (and worse, for Cal's entire career).

It would be nice to see him speak on it now and then. That Hump technical last year was just bullshit. That was an absolute, 100%, "we need to equalize Kentucky" call. That one Cal should have taken a fine for. Gotta put some heat on the officials.. you know.. just like Coach K does the entire game!

Reactions: jedwar
Damn Keyser obsessing over Memphis again.
We can see your post history fake tough guy. There's no negativity in this thread so you don't belong here. Run along, I'm sure there's a hate mob somewhere that needs your assistance.

Last edited:
We can see your post history fake tough guy. There's no negativity in this thread so you don't belong here. Run along, I'm sure there's a hate mob somewhere that needs your assistance.

You can see my post history fake?

God?

On 30 for 30, didn't Cal say to the team after the Texas A and M loss, we were cheated, don't worry about it? Something like I think and that has now been broadcasted, although a year later.

Update: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Mike Conley thanked Fizdale for sticking up for them, team will pay fine. Essentially telling the NBA and officials to kick rocks.

This is good to see. Stop letting these officials operate with impunity. Everyone needs to be held in check and sometimes officials need to be called out. Doesn't mean there should be a fine when your work is criticized.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT