ADVERTISEMENT

Meechi Harris

Dec 18, 2015
3 star receiver out of Ohio just decommited. I wander if it was his choice or if the staff moved on to a more talented player?

Hmm, I have no idea. He said it was his decision, I suppose where he commits to now will tell us more.

Hopefully we are going to add some big heavies and needed to make room.

That is a real bummer. Was excited about having him. Wonder what made him change his mind.

I am concerned that having another potential starting QB that is a runner and has not, in the recent past, thrown the ball with great accuracy could make WRs question what their production will look like in the next couple of years. No predictions -- just wondering.

Reactions: NewEraCATS
Hopefully it means the staff feels good about getting the commitments of a couple better wide receivers. Should hear more as the day wears on. Rondale Moore also opened his recruitment back up this morning! Just saying

Looks like Meechi's headed to Cincy, just couldn't say no to Joker's sales pitch.

Given Marrow’s comment about assuming they’re not really interested if they don’t want to sign early, I wonder if we’re going to lose a few more along those lines.

“I do like UK, I just don’t want to sign yet.”

“OK. Best wishes with your career.”

Meechi was one of the best commits we had. There is zero chance that Stoops is the one that moved on. This may be a consequence of Stoops' physical run the ball all the time approach. We may be the worst team in the league for receivers and QBs right now. We just don't throw the ball and don't seem to have a plan in place to do so. Our leading receiver only managed 500 yards and 2 TDs. That's not good. For 5 years now we've had under utilized receivers and TEs.

We still have no difference maker at the position and with Meechi and Shocky gone we don't have anyone that we are currently recruiting that could be a difference maker.

Meechi was one of the best commits we had. There is zero chance that Stoops is the one that moved on. This may be a consequence of Stoops' physical run the ball all the time approach. We may be the worst team in the league for receivers and QBs right now. We just don't throw the ball and don't seem to have a plan in place to do so. Our leading receiver only managed 500 yards and 2 TDs. That's not good. For 5 years now we've had under utilized receivers and TEs.

We still have no difference maker at the position and with Meechi and Shocky gone we don't have anyone that we are currently recruiting that could be a difference maker.
Again, one reason for UK's paltry passing game down the stretch was injuries to SJ. Hopefully the next QB, whomever it turns out to be, can stay healthy.

Reactions: jauk11 and sefus12

I know some of you all are super excited, but that statement speaks volumes.

A 3* receiver with an unimpressive scholarship offer list.

Once again a recruit comits to UK early knowing we are his bottom offer. If he gets a better offer then they decomit.

??? So was Meechi caught up in a time warp for the last couple of years and just now learning this?
The offense he committed to is the same offense he decommitted from.

As for throwing and/or not throwing the ball, this is a direct result of the abilities of the QB and receiving corps. We were a pass heavy offense with Drew at QB. We threw the ball more last year when we had Badet who was a deep threat that stretched the field than we did this year without that threat. The offense was changed when a QB who ill-suited to executing that offense took the job.

Reactions: jauk11 and coach-2

Are you saying we don't have a difference maker at WR/TE or at QB? Not sure which one would be the more stupid statement. We have TT coming in at QB and a very good stable of receivers and TE already on the roster.

I doubt that is his intent and has the confidence it won't be that way.
Re Meechi to OSU, not likely apparently. FWIW he suddenly has something like 10 CBs at 247 to Cincy. I'm wondering if maybe academics isn't an issue. But...UK's missed out on 2 WRs who are rated significantly higher than the one they could sign. Like I said, FWIW.

Hopefully it means the staff feels good about getting the commitments of a couple better wide receivers. Should hear more as the day wears on. Rondale Moore also opened his recruitment back up this morning! Just saying

Moore looks like he's headed to Purdue.

It was paltry when he was healthy too.

Hard to put up big passing numbers when you have a fragile QB that is rather average throwing the ball and an o-line that couldn't pass block when he was healthy. But I'm sure you're correct. Stoops is trying hard to keep good QBs and WRs away as he wants no part in passing the ball.

Reactions: jauk11
That is a real bummer. Was excited about having him. Wonder what made him change his mind.

I am concerned that having another potential starting QB that is a runner and has not, in the recent past, thrown the ball with great accuracy could make WRs question what their production will look like in the next couple of years. No predictions -- just wondering.
We havent had a proven q-back who can throw the ball in quite some time

Couple of other three star kids have shown interest in UK and vice versa. COULD be he would have had to redshirt this year at UK.
This is one reason I like this early period. Gives kids a chance to say 'whoops' and the coaches a chance to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT