ADVERTISEMENT

MCU Thread - Into the Multiverse of Madness

An interesting theory I saw somewhere on line is that the next movie will essentially have two main story lines: the remaining Avengers plus the others working to get the stones back from Thanos with the folks who disappeared forming the second story line. These folks are actually trapped inside and have to do something to work to get back, essentially forming a "New Avengers" to move forward with after some combination of Tony/Cap/Black Widow/Thor/Hulk go away and/or are killed off.

This seems to make a lot of sense to me, both for the IW4 next May and for Phase 4 and beyond, giving Marvel some story flexibility for future movies.

An interesting theory I saw somewhere on line is that the next movie will essentially have two main story lines: the remaining Avengers plus the others working to get the stones back from Thanos with the folks who disappeared forming the second story line. These folks are actually trapped inside and have to do something to work to get back, essentially forming a "New Avengers" to move forward with after some combination of Tony/Cap/Black Widow/Thor/Hulk go away and/or are killed off.

This seems to make a lot of sense to me, both for the IW4 next May and for Phase 4 and beyond, giving Marvel some story flexibility for future movies.

That's very interesting. And I think that would be a cool way to transition the new Avengers in while sending the original crew out on their own merit. Looking at the imdb page for Avengers 4 right now (still very early) the only character who disappeared but is currently on the rap sheet is Bucky. Oddly enough, Ty Simpkins (Harley Keener, the kid from Iron Man 3) is listed on the casting sheet.

Infinity Gauntlet. Strange viewed all the possible outcomes of the War and the only W comes from everyone dying, but with Strange with a "master of the magical arts", he has the ability to manipulate time. That is how they will bring back everyone that was dusted. If you died before Thanos dusted everyone, then your gone. So no Gamora, etc....
Not about Gamora tbh
Her soul was sacrificed to obtain the soul stone; wonder if that means when the stone is returned will it give back her soul(life?)
I think the only real deaths so far are Heimdall and Loki. Gamora is 50/50
Everyone who disintegrated, I believe, were sucked into the soul stone world. If that’s the case, they’ll all find each other and work from the inside while the OG Avengers with Captain Marvel work from the outside
Someone mentioned Nebula; she was still in existence at the end.
In the comics, CM defeated Thanos; but that was on the 90s...hence the old style yet modified beeper.

All in all though...blame Star Lord for this outcome

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Should have read the other posts before responding
Seems like a lot of us are on the same page

Do agree about Deadpool

Not about Gamora tbh
Her soul was sacrificed to obtain the soul stone; wonder if that means when the stone is returned will it give back her soul(life?)
I think the only real deaths so far are Heimdall and Loki. Gamora is 50/50
Everyone who disintegrated, I believe, were sucked into the soul stone world. If that’s the case, they’ll all find each other and work from the inside while the OG Avengers with Captain Marvel work from the outside
Someone mentioned Nebula; she was still in existence at the end.
In the comics, CM defeated Thanos; but that was on the 90s...hence the old style yet modified beeper.

All in all though...blame Star Lord for this outcome

Cant really blame Star Lord because we all would of been extremely tempted to do what he did if we were him. Also dont forget strange saw all the outcomes and they lost all but the one.... which means that Thanos would of gotten the glove back and won even if they pulled it off his hand

Cant really blame Star Lord because we all would of been extremely tempted to do what he did if we were him. Also dont forget strange saw all the outcomes and they lost all but the one.... which means that Thanos would of gotten the glove back and won even if they pulled it off his hand
True, of course
I kinda meant it tongue in cheek

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Star Lord going off on Thanos is the equivalent to Stark going off on Cap and Bucky when he found out Bucky killed his parents in Civil War. He could have been calm and thought it through and deescalated things but he didn't. Just shows with all that power they have they are still human.

Reactions: Bkocats
Saw it last night and wow what an ending. Was really depressed about it but then realized there is no way to create a new Peter Parker or Black Panther. They will be back somehow. Those franchises are just getting started.

Anyone else feel like, even for a superhero movie that's all about powers and suspension of disbelief and all that, that IW had too much deus ex machina?

Obviously it's necessary in order to have a movie about people with superpowers, but it felt like nearly every resolution to a plot line that spent significant time developing ended up being "LOL magical powers/the gauntlet"

It just made it hard to stay invested or care, and then the ending is the two biggest instances of this with Thor essentially defeating Thanos only for the gauntlet to reverse it all and then everyone vanishes with anyone who saw it knowing there's more convenient magic on the way to undo it all.

In a movie full of fighting, the battles have to mean something and have some weight and finality or else why bother? It would be like at the end of the Royal Rumble, Vince McMahon walking to the ring and saying he was technically the last person in the ring so he's the winner.

Reactions: wildcat1973
Anyone else feel like, even for a superhero movie that's all about powers and suspension of disbelief and all that, that IW had too much deus ex machina?

Obviously it's necessary in order to have a movie about people with superpowers, but it felt like nearly every resolution to a plot line that spent significant time developing ended up being "LOL magical powers/the gauntlet"

It just made it hard to stay invested or care, and then the ending is the two biggest instances of this with Thor essentially defeating Thanos only for the gauntlet to reverse it all and then everyone vanishes with anyone who saw it knowing there's more convenient magic on the way to undo it all.

In a movie full of fighting, the battles have to mean something and have some weight and finality or else why bother? It would be like at the end of the Royal Rumble, Vince McMahon walking to the ring and saying he was technically the last person in the ring so he's the winner.
I think the purpose of it all was to show how powerful Thanos was and set up a basically impossible task that these hero’s will have to overcome. I think they succeeded.

I think the purpose of it all was to show how powerful Thanos was and set up a basically impossible task that these hero’s will have to overcome. I think they succeeded.

I assume that's the reason, it just became borderline silly.

I realize we're talking superhero movie here, but there has to be some semblance of logical integrity to how that universe works.

I still enjoyed the movie. It's what you sign up for in an ensemble superhero mashup. I guess I was just surprised it was that obvious and pervasive.

I was entertained by the movie, so good job there. What bugged me the most was the ease with which Thanos gathered all of the infinity stones. Once he had a stone, he seemed to be able to command it better than the previous owner.

With so many characters, it felt like I needed a guide sometimes. Some of the super-powers seemed to overlap with some characters.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
Since Adam Warlock was teased in another movie, I'm betting he'll have something to do with defeating Thanos in IW2.

As for the turned-to-dust deaths, they'll get some kind of "rewind" treatment., though there should be a few that do meet their end in the final showdown. Cap, Stark, and Black Widow (please!) are the most likely, since the actors are played out and they've milked just about everything from those storylines.

Widow is supposedly getting a movie. It could be be a prequel though, I reckon.

Infinity Gauntlet. Strange viewed all the possible outcomes of the War and the only W comes from everyone dying, but with Strange with a "master of the magical arts", he has the ability to manipulate time. That is how they will bring back everyone that was dusted. If you died before Thanos dusted everyone, then your gone. So no Gamora, etc....

I'd guess there is a significant chance Gamora is in the soul stone and comes back that way.

Vision possibly was significantly downloaded by Shuri and returns in a slightly altered version maybe without the mind stone.

Loki probably is actually dead but he is also the god of mischief so eventually there will be another/reborn version of him at some point or a true Ragnorok reboots all the Norse pantheon. Thor is now effectively the All Father so he has the Odin force...now Thor force so once he gets a handle on his powers he might even just be able to bring him back himself.

It's comics, many characters die and nobody stays dead forever.

Captain America probably was dead the longest of any character I can think of. Wolverine was dead/encased for 2-3 years. Superman was gone right at about a year.

I still can’t believe there are men over the age of 20 going to see this crap.

I love watching them with my son. The XMen and Guardians of the Galaxy movies I loved on their own, although I doubt I would have watched many (if any) of the rest if I were childless.

Deadpool > all other Marvel movies combined

Z4z209W.gif

I love watching them with my son. The XMen and Guardians of the Galaxy movies I loved on their own, although I doubt I would have watched many (if any) of the rest if I were childless.

Exactly. Have four sons from 35 to 17 and a grandson 13 and they love these movies and I have gotten to know them, because we all go to see them and watch them once they get on Netflix. It's especially great during the summer when sports are dead to us.

Does it matter what order you watch these in? I never got into them before and I’m about to watch civil war as my starting point

Same here. I'm 55 and my son is 13, and we both enjoy these movies. We will probably go see it again this weekend.

Does it matter what order you watch these in? I never got into them before and I’m about to watch civil war as my starting point
Yes. They have continuity. If you plan on seeing them all just start from the being.

Loki most certainly isn’t actually dead. Seems to be a lot of talk that he switched himself with Banner before being sent to Earth. Hence the reason he couldn’t transform into the Hulk again.

Marvel loses the rights to Spider-Man after Avengers 4 and Homecoming 2. Unless Sony agrees to let them use him again, he will be out of the MCU after that. People seem to think Sony isn’t going to let Marvel use him after this current deal ends based on a comment from one of the higher ups at Sony.

Sorry the internet said women can't be powerful super heroes so this is not realistic.

I’m confused by the Spider-Man movie. It’s got to be before Infinity War? Right?

ADVERTISEMENT