ADVERTISEMENT

MCU Thread - Into the Multiverse of Madness

Since half of urrbody is 'dead' what comes next? Next movie seems to be Ant Man and whoever, so I'm guessing tey won't be addressing any of Inifnity War. Captain Marvel is after that and sounds like an origin story. So next summer until we find out?

I often wondered if I had time to kill, how I would go about watching all these movies in the correct order (have only seen a few). Found this kind of interesting, detailing which movies and shows you should watch in what order:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-avengers/

marvel-timeline-v5.jpg

Captain Marvel is set in the 1990’s prior to all the other movies except the first Captain America. So I assume the end credit scene meant Nick Fury met her then and had her in his back pocket all this time if something crazy happened.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Ant Man movie because it is in the timeline after Thanos evaporated everyone.

I would assume no one that was evaporated is really dead, that will all be reversed. The rest are probably dead. The most interesting part of the evaporation was that none of the original Avengers were evaporated and almost all the new ones were evaporated.

Since Adam Warlock was teased in another movie, I'm betting he'll have something to do with defeating Thanos in IW2.

As for the turned-to-dust deaths, they'll get some kind of "rewind" treatment., though there should be a few that do meet their end in the final showdown. Cap, Stark, and Black Widow (please!) are the most likely, since the actors are played out and they've milked just about everything from those storylines.

Everyone who went away thanks to the snap of thanos' fingers at the end will come back... in the comics its Nebula who gets the infinity gauntlet and brings everyone back... ... Its probably going to be Captain America or Iron Man to do it in Avengers 4...

Hopefully everyone who died before the finger snap will stay dead...

Reactions: Wall2Wall
I still can’t believe there are men over the age of 20 going to see this crap.
I'm 38, married, doing pretty well in life and take care of my responsibilities. It's good to stay a kid at heart. You don't have to watch comic book movies to do that but it's one way of doing so. I assume you're a UK sports fan. Some people may find it weird that you enjoy watching a bunch of 18 year old kids playing a game. To each their own my friend.

Infinity Gauntlet. Strange viewed all the possible outcomes of the War and the only W comes from everyone dying, but with Strange with a "master of the magical arts", he has the ability to manipulate time. That is how they will bring back everyone that was dusted. If you died before Thanos dusted everyone, then your gone. So no Gamora, etc....

Marvel has been pretty good about tying all of their movies together. So I am expecting the Ant Man movie to follow along with the half of the people being snapped away storyline. There is the possibility they go back to immediately following the first movie to start the second one and have it end at the finger snap with the Wasp disappearing. That would lead to an Ant Man appearance in the Infinity War 2 movie.

The Captain Marvel tie in might be similar, but with the origin storyline mixed in. Maybe start it off with the page that Fury sent and throw in flashbacks to tell the origin story. That is if they want the story to not be to similar to the way the Ant Man one plays out. I'm not sure how else they can play it out without it jumping a number of years into the future after telling the origin story to catch up with current events (I don't even have a clue when they will make the beginning year of the origin story).

I am guessing (since I don't know how it plays out in the comics) that all of the people who disappeared were pulled into the Soul Stone and will be released after the destruction of it. I think trying to do a rewind with the Time Stone will be troublesome with there likely being some time between the two movies for the heroes to regroup. I can't see them rewinding a bunch of the 2nd movie and the end of the first movie to fix things.

I'm assuming that Adam Warlock will play a big role (unless they save him for GotG 3) to go along with Captain Marvel. Those 2 will combine with Ant Man and the original Avengers members to defeat Thanos and will likely lose a couple of them to deaths. They all pretty much have expiring contracts. I am expecting Marvel to start losing some steam with so many big names from the comics likely being gone. They will have success with some of them (like Spider-Man, GotG, and Black Panther), but I doubt they have another Avengers type of movie with success. If they do I hope they break out the Secret Wars storyline.

The Ant Man and Wasp movie takes place before Infinity War fyi.

Its no coincidence that the original MCU Avenger lineup survived. Tony Stark is key based on Dr Strange's actions. If they follow the comics Nebula will also be very important.

But man how awesome was Thor's entrance to Wakanda? And then he almost kills Thanos while taking a full blast from a 6 stones Infinity Gauntlet. They really did Thor justice. Most people are saying that is how Superman should have been in Justice League.

Also I mean they had a brilliant plan on Titan to get the gauntlet from Thanos and executed it perfectly. Starlord you idiot.

Last edited:
Serious question... and I don’t care about being spoiled, I know like half of everything dies bc everyone and their brother has tried to be “spoiler free” in expressing their astonishment while communicating exactly what happened...

How many movies, and which ones, do you have to watch to enjoy this movie? Someone at work said “well as long as you’ve seen the first avengers, the guardians of the galaxy movies, Thor, ant man, black panther and spider man you should be able to follow along....” Um, no. Basically, can you go to this just knowing a bunch of pretty people have super powers and enjoy it? I’m not opposed to the genre, but I’m not doing hours of research to watch a comic book movie.

I'm not the expert, but you probably could do without watching the 2nd and 3rd Iron Man, Hulk, 2nd Thor, Ant man and Spiderman.

Serious question... and I don’t care about being spoiled, I know like half of everything dies bc everyone and their brother has tried to be “spoiler free” in expressing their astonishment while communicating exactly what happened...

How many movies, and which ones, do you have to watch to enjoy this movie? Someone at work said “well as long as you’ve seen the first avengers, the guardians of the galaxy movies, Thor, ant man, black panther and spider man you should be able to follow along....” Um, no. Basically, can you go to this just knowing a bunch of pretty people have super powers and enjoy it? I’m not opposed to the genre, but I’m not doing hours of research to watch a comic book movie.

To really understand everything watch these plus Black Panther.
it953MU.jpg

[laughing]

Yes I do have them in order of release at the movies and no I don't have the Blu-ray version of the first Iron Man movie. It came out right before I got my first Blu-ray player 10 years ago. Seriously though, if you have a basic understanding of all the characters you should be fine just watching both Avengers and Captain America Civil War at the minimum. It is better though if you could watch all of them so you understand more about how they became superheroes and the stories that led them to where Infinity Wars takes place.

Edit
You can definitely do without The Incredible Hulk. It isn't the same actor and the only real tie in to all of this is the end credit scene and this quote:

Bruce Banner: Thanks, but the last time I was in New York I kind of broke Harlem.

Last edited:
At the bare minimum watch all of these end credit scenes before watching Infinity Wars. It is just missing the one in Black Panther I believe.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Ant Man movie because it is in the timeline after Thanos evaporated everyone.

Like Wizard said, Ant-Man takes place prior to the event of Infinity War. My guess is-is that it takes place close to the same time frame as Infinity War. I like Ant-Man a lot and thought his humor could of added a lot to the film.

Well, not anymore, right?

When Strange first approached the time stone in his title movie, he was warned it could create alternate timelines. Did Doc create an alternate time line and that is what we watched at the end of the film?

Much like Superman in BvS: Dawn of Justice, everyone knows that (many of) the deaths in Infinity War are anything but a finality. With Avengers 4 marking the end of several of the founding Marvel character's contracts, I would assume Stark and Rogers will sacrifice themselves using the Infinity Gauntlet in order to stop Thanos once the other Avengers are brought back using the Time Stone.

Strange knew out of the 14+ million potential outcomes that there was only one way for them to win, and after making the trade with Thanos that one successful outcome obviously includes having Stark alive for now.

Saw it yesterday. Entertaining but the storylines were just too many and the film felt like it was trying too hard to cram too much into 2+ hours. Think it relied a bit much on snarky humor, too, rather than building the story. Just seemed like the focus was action sets rather than the storyline. Thanos, if viewed from a different perspective, could be seen as a tragic figure, making difficult choices in order to produce 'paradise' but he's more of a 1-dimensional uber bad guy in the film. Enjoyable but I felt it was disjointed and flipped from story to story too much. Just my opinion, of course. It'll make billions.

Thanos, if viewed from a different perspective, could be seen as a tragic figure, making difficult choices in order to produce 'paradise' but he's more of a 1-dimensional uber bad guy in the film.
Agreed. It's hard for a movie to make you have sympathy for a giant purple monster who wants to kill half the universe, but this one did it.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT