ADVERTISEMENT

McGregor Khabib fight?

Pretty smart of him to keep fighting in scenarios that he shouldn't win, be it a different sport or changing weight classes. It's a no-lose scenario for him.

..but, had he been like almost any other fighter, and stuck to what he does best, not taking fights he'd be at a disadvantage of, he probably doesn't have a loss to his name since 2011...

W's and L's are secondary to $$$ for Connor . And three years in training to box Floyd . I think thats an over reach for sure .

Reactions: homeytheclown
Don't care about MMA much, but the rasslin fan in me loved that Monday Night Raw ending. Always love a good pull apart brawl!

Connor should go to WWE. Maybe he could win their cruiserweight title as he's obviously not believable as a grown-up sized wrestler.

Facts are Connor is 2-2 is his last 4 fights since 2016 . Before that he did get a solid W over Eddie Alveraz . But before that he wasnt exactly beating big names .

W's and L's are secondary to $$$ for Connor . And three years in training to box Floyd . I think thats an over reach for sure .

More so in the sense of where he wanted to be.

In Connor's mind, he wanted to beat the best Boxer.
Khabib wanted to beat Connor.

Whatever time we put to it, I still think it's a HUGE factor. I'm not saying CM beats Khabib a 2nd time, because that dudes ground game is something else. I'm saying, I want to see CM fight with a little more than a single year back in MMA.

It says a lot about McGregor alright. It says that he isn't as good of a boxer as Mayweather and isn't as good of a UFC fighter as Khabib.

What is he going to be doing next? Lose to Anthony Davis in basketball?
I mean, yeah he lost to the best ground and pound fighter ever that’s never been beat. 27-0 in MMA is unheard of really. He hadn’t been in the ring in 2-3 years I believe. There’s quite a few factors to it other than, he sucks because he lost. He should’ve taken a warmup fight to get his timing and just the familiarity to the ring back, but he has no intrest in warmups.

Don't care about MMA much, but the rasslin fan in me loved that Monday Night Raw ending. Always love a good pull apart brawl!

Connor should go to WWE. Maybe he could win their cruiserweight title as he's obviously not believable as a grown-up sized wrestler.
If that was you’re favorite part you probably sit around and watch world star videos too. That was THE WORST part of the night and just horrific to watch. Even the commentators were saying, “No No, oh god this is awful. This is so bad.” It’s not WWE man. People could have gotten seriously hurt. Khabib could’ve gotten grabbed by Connors guys and pummeled half to death. Khabibs guys could’ve seriously hurt Connor with those sucker punch blindsides.

I HATED that whole thing, just awful to watch.
Connor’s trainer, John Kavanaugh, was on Rogan’s podcast yesterday and he said they trained boxing for 10 weeks before fighting Floyd. Hardly 3 years.

Facts are Connor is 2-2 is his last 4 fights since 2016 . Before that he did get a solid W over Eddie Alveraz . But before that he wasnt exactly beating big names .
He also starched Aldo in like 9 seconds who was consider the best ever by most in that class before that fight.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
he beat Aldo mentally -- BAD , before ever stepping foot in the ring .. Connor's mental game is great .

Reactions: roguemocha
Agreed. Aldo walked at him like a touching moron he was so mad and well, we saw what happened. Actually felt bad for the guy.

CM lost to Diaz and won the rematch. This is an entirely different story. Conor was dominated. It wasn't even a contest.

Conors only chance at beating khabib is a lucky punch. That's it

CM has little chance versus Khabib , Unless .. unless he dedicates himself to takedown D for several months of hard ass wrestling training. And I dont see Connor doing that . Longer, taller strikers in the weight class have very little chance vs Khabib , hes too strong and compact . Gonna take someone with tremendous wrestling to keep him from control the fight on the mat . Like to see him get a fight with Diaz and squeeze him til his head actually pops off right in the ring . But he will prob get Tony F and the giant clash of styles will once again be on display , and wrestlers usually have the edge . Not always, but Khabib isnt your ordinary great wrestler.

I disagree with this. Connor actually showed pretty good take down defense in the first 2 rounds. Khabib was tired at the end of the 2nd, not Connor. He had a few big shots that just missed or where glancing blows in the 3rd. he won the 3rd, IF one of those big shots would have found the mark, it could have been a different story. I think once Connor missed his opportunity in the 3rd, he got frustrated. The first sign of distress in the 4th, he just kind of gave up. The take down in the 4th pretty much was the beginning of the end for him.

Connor could have beat him, he wasted a good chance in the 3rd and got submitted in the 4th.

His d was pretty good , but it wasnt good enough . He was losing on the scorecards . Every round or 2 of 3 at least .

ADVERTISEMENT