ADVERTISEMENT

Mayweather vs. McGregor

Kaizer Sosay

All-American
Nov 29, 2007
In a van...down by the river
Will the fight ever actually take place? Can McGregor land a haymaker and actually win? Is that the ONLY way he can win? How much money will a fight like that potentially make? Would you drop the PPV cash to watch that fight? Is this the movie "The Great White Hype" playing out in real life?

Discuss...

No

Yes but unlikely. Still a punchers chance

Yes

Billions

I would play poker and justify me losing a few hundred

Nah. Whitey could always scrap.

There's a reason mayweather is the richest athlete in the world and all with no endorsements. He won't do the fight unless he gets not only the revenue from subscribers, which will have to be a closed circuit fight, but he also demands a large portion of the concessions, Merchandise, etc. Will UFC share in That? It also means he will more than likely pick venue and everything else.

The actual fight..lol. No way McGregor lands a punch.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Pure boxing match McGregor is way outclassed. In an octagon with UFC rules, Mayweather is not going to be able dance around when he gets taken to the mat. If the fight happens will be one of the biggest con jobs in fighting history.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Why is it every time a boxer fights an MMA fighter. Why is it always when the boxer is years past his prime ?

How's it gonna look when a past-his-prime Mayweather still kicks McGregor's ass?
it will be fantastic for marketing though. An Irishman vs a black guy. Classic race battle. Everyone knows Floyd will kick his ass in the ring but Connor is about entertaining. And the hype of that one of two of the baddest men on the planet will be fierce. But it will never happen

Reactions: _Zardoz_
Why is it every time a boxer fights an MMA fighter. Why is it always when the boxer is years past his prime ?
because he is past his prime. If he was in his prime he'd be boxing so he looks for other venues to fight, has a huge reputation. A lot of guys will sign up to fight him.

Reactions: _Zardoz_
The move here is for McGregor to come out and tackle Maywewther then put an elbow into his dome. He'll lose, but who cares.
Legit question, would it be considered an assault if McGregor just went straight into the ring and kicked Mayweather's ass? I know he would lose his boxing license etc... but would he get in any real trouble?

Reactions: mailman85
Legit question, would it be considered an assault if McGregor just went straight into the ring and kicked Mayweather's ass? I know he would lose his boxing license etc... but would he get in any real trouble?

Like go in there and just give Mayweather a roundhouse to the face? Not sure - but would love to see it!

Last edited:
Reactions: bradyjames
Anyone who was watched alot of Mayweather's fights, has anyone ever just gone right at him trying to make him fight/slugfest or do they have such fear of his hand speed that they just allow him to do his thing? McGregor's only hope is go right at him and hope he lands the big punch because he has no shot if he tries to box Floyd.

If....if...if the fight ever happens it will be under MoQ rules, the money will be huge, and McGregor will not land a clean punch, he will be embarrased as Mayweather (PoS) will treat him like a plaything.

If you're a fight fan, what you really want to see is Mayweather v Genaddy Golovkin. That would be a fight. Mayweather just might get his butt knocked out in that one too, which is why it won't happen.

Is it boxing rules or MMA rules?

Basically, whomever is fighting the most in their element will win. MMA guys have done poorly in boxing rings and boxing guys have done poorly in MMA cages.

Reactions: Get Bucket$
Boxing rules and it will be a farce.

Gannady and Alvarez could be fight of the year.

Gannady and PoS Floyd will never fight because PoS Floyd knows it would be too competitive.

GGG is the real deal.

isn't Mayweather 40 years old?

I am no pro athlete..but i feel it between 27 and early 30s. I can't even imagine what i would feel like when i hit 40...

Like most Mayweather fights folks are going to be pissed when he runs around the ring for 12 rounds and totally outclasses McGregor. If this was a MMA fight McGregor would pound Mayweather once he got him down. Although Mayweather is a POS, he is very smart on the boxing business end of things. He would not take this fight if he thought McGregor posed a real threat to him at this stage of his career.

McGregor can only win if he stuns Mayweather with the right punch. Highly doubt that happens since Mayweather has fought much higher world-class boxers and came out smelling like a rose.

Based on the money being generated, will be one of the biggest con-jobs in boxing history.

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
I think its going to be an absolute farce. Boxing rules, Mayweather kills him. MMA rules, McGregor kills him.

Not sure why anybody thinks its going to be fight of the year candidate.

No doubt it's a farce. Announcing a fight just two months before it takes place? This is nothing more than a hyped up spectacle. A high payday spectacle for the participants...but a spectacle nonetheless.

Would be funny if "One Punch" Terry Conklin caught "The Grim Reaper" Roper with a haymaker and knocked him out in the 1st round old school Mike Tyson style. But that ain't happening.

I dont care what the end product will look like, for the intrigue and hype alone I will be buying this on PPV. Plus, McGregor is my personal life coach.

Mayweather will run the entire fight, landing jab after jab. It will be a waste of money, but theyll both be mega rich

I don't believe I said he was a "model citizen" can you link to where I said that ?

Oh .. ya can't? Cool lol- don't lie and put words in people's mouth- especially on a message board when it's easy to be proven wrong.

Tisk tisk

Hahahaha. OK point granted, champ. But I didn't say you said he was a model citizen. Just wanted to see if you changed your mind about the subject after reading the facts. But maybe you already knew about his lengthy domestic abuse rap sheet.

Either way, it is also on record on the very same message board that you don't think a man with a history of beating up women is a disgrace to the human race.

Can't have it both ways, my man.

Hahahaha. OK point granted, champ. But I didn't say you said he was a model citizen. Just wanted to see if you changed your mind about the subject after reading the facts. But maybe you already knew about his lengthy domestic abuse rap sheet.

Either way, it is also on record on the very same message board that you don't think a man with a history of beating up women is a disgrace to the human race.

Can't have it both ways, my man.

I'm jus my yankin your chain.

:)

I had heard rumors about domestic violence , but never did much research - well I did- and it is troubling to say the least .

Dude is brilliant when it comes to managing his career and making himself a "brand " but all signs point to him being kind of a dick - as anyone who beats in multiple women , multiple times is kind of a chode

ADVERTISEMENT