ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe this stings enough they stay

SacramentoKat

Sophomore
Jan 25, 2006
I know that would not be smart but it has happened before. Monk could use anothe year to get faster, Bam could use another year to Get stronger, Fox could use some time to work on his shot. Well, Fox should go, but here's to hoping and never giving up!

Not. Gonna. Happen. No room on roster. More one and dones coming next year. The revolving door is open.

Their expressions right at the end of the game showed they really wanted it. They won't come back, but damn I want them to.

Duke gets guy to come back, so does UNC.

Cal has guys leave who have no business leaving.

Wouldn't recommend setting yourself up for disappointment believing any of them return.

I've seen our recruits, we have toom for Bam, Fox, or Monk if they want to stay. Maybe we should provide and insurance fund to any 1 and dones that want to stay.

It won't and it shouldn't. They've gotta make a business decision now. Remember, we get loaded classes because of this. We aren't complaining when they're all lining up to come here. We should support their leaving.

Not saying we shouldn't want them to return. Just think its an attempt to ease the pain right now.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Duke gets guy to come back, so does UNC.

Cal has guys leave who have no business leaving.

Wouldn't recommend setting yourself up for disappointment believing any of them return.

You try telling an 18 year old kid to pass up guaranteed money. Idiot.

No and they'd be dumb to stay.. At least Fox and Monk anyways. They have the opportunity to be millionaires. Don't be selfish.

Cal brings them to leave!!!!! Why can't everyone see this????? It's NOT about Championships. It's about getting them drafted.

Reactions: LNAllison
It won't and it shouldn't. They've gotta make a business decision now. Remember, we get loaded classes because of this. We aren't complaining when they're all lining up to come here. We should support their leaving.

Not saying we shouldn't want them to return. Just think its an attempt to ease the pain right now.
It will sting as long as I live. The crookedest team in history is handed one entirely by the refs doing.

Anyone who is a first rounder has to go, period.

I know that would not be smart but it has happened before. Monk could use anothe year to get faster, Bam could use another year to Get stronger, Fox could use some time to work on his shot. Well, Fox should go, but here's to hoping and never giving up!

LOL, Monk's out shopping for a new Porsche as we speak.

Agree some of them should stay but I feel there is zero chance of that happening. Fox, Bam and Monk will all leave. Not sure what Briscoe will do but think he'll test waters for sure or even go overseas. Hump, we don't know if he'll transfer or what but maybe today's performance makes him feel better about staying. Gabriel should be back. Jones??? Who did I miss?

Am I the only one on this board who hates OAD?

It's a mixed bag. I actually like seeing college basketball get great players. I like that you get to see the best talent go to college first because I hate the NBA.

But what I dislike is, you don't get to grow with players and if you lose, it's back to square one and you have a completely different roster the next season.

I'd hope for at least a two year rule.

Speed isn't generally something that improves, either you have it or you don't.

No many kids turn down millions to come back to college, unless your name is Tim Duncan.

Cal brings them to leave!!!!! Why can't everyone see this????? It's NOT about Championships. It's about getting them drafted.

You have 2500 posts and 50 likes... now I see why. You aren't intelligent enough to understand Cal's philosophy.

I knew these threads would start if we lost. I get it. I really do. But this happens every year and every year the 'sure things' go, and they probably should. This is what Cal does and what he lives for. I know a little bit of his 'players first' schtick is for recruiting and that's smart. But he loves to toot his horn about how many players he gets to the NBA after one season. He'll be at the draft in all his glory. I think he gets as much joy from his record number of draft picks as he would National Championships. We'll be really good every year. We'll have a shot at the NC every year. But a team full of OAD's can't overcome experience unless you have the 'freak' (I mean that in a good way) like Anthony Davis. I'm not a fan of the OAD but I am a Cat fan and always will be. Hopefully we'll get another title but I think we'll more than likely be tremendous 'young' teams that just can't overcome that youth. Very good year though and some schools will never be able to say that. GBB.

Agree some of them should stay but I feel there is zero chance of that happening. Fox, Bam and Monk will all leave. Not sure what Briscoe will do but think he'll test waters for sure or even go overseas. Hump, we don't know if he'll transfer or what but maybe today's performance makes him feel better about staying. Gabriel should be back. Jones??? Who did I miss?

Briscoe goes overseas, or comes back . Jones stays, Gabriel stays. We lose three seniors, monk, fox, and Bam. Fox is my favorite wildcat, I will be watching his NBA career closely.

ADVERTISEMENT