ADVERTISEMENT

Maxey to Kentucky

I’m really thinking Wiseman will break the top 5 player drought. He and Maxey were 2 of my most coveted for the 19 class. I really think Maxey is a legit top 5-10 player in his class and I think the scouts are seeing it too with his EYBL showing. If they get some holdovers from this year’s team, man that 19-20 team could be filthy.
18-19 team is going to be very filthy as well as long as we can get 2 of the 4 remaining big men to stay/transfer in. Vando is going to be an absolute superstar IF he can stay healthy and I'm absolutely giddy about it. If we get 2 of the 4 big men we will be the overwhelming title favorites and I really see no way around us winning it all next season as our team is going to be freaking insane.

Forsure players to return for the 19-20 season though. Quickly, Baker, Herro (barring Showing Booker nba potential)

Possibly Green and possibly EJ/Richards. 19/20 will be filthy as well. And will be a crazy good shooting team with Quickly, Baker, Herro, Green, and Maxey all being dead eye shooters.

Last edited:
18-19 team is going to be very filthy as well as long as we can get 2 of the 4 remaining big men to stay/transfer in. Vando is going to be an absolute superstar IF he can stay healthy and I'm absolutely giddy about it.
Oh believe me, I’m not forgetting about this coming year at all. And I don’t want to discount their potential by looking past them already. I just love speculating, whether it’s immediate or down the road. I’m loving the potential look of the next 2 years. In both years we appear to be set to return some quality talent (knock on wood) and bring in some top end guys.

9 and 10 baby!! :D

Reactions: BBUK
I really like this kid. I like him as much for his demeanor, and his maturity, as for his game. While most kids want to take all their visits and play all the games with fan bases, Tyrese knew where he wanted to go, and didn't want to string along the other coaches. I wish other recruits would take a few notes on his decision, and act likewise. Plus, Cal can now go all out for Carey and Wiseman, and being able to tell him who his point guard is going to be, has to be a plus. Tyrese can also help get their attention at AAU tournaments, and upcoming all star games. Personally, I am glad he stayed in the 19 class. I think it will be a dynamite class for UK.

Because he isn't 6'11 or he isn't a freak athlete as a Guard; That's the only reason.

Basketball skill wise he is top 10 easy if not top 5. Booker and Murray weren't "super recruits" by the rankings either for the same reasons. Usually the high skill guys don't get the top 5 love unless they are also freakishly athletic or tall.
I'm just saying he is a decent pick up period. That's a compliment. Maybe I should have said he is a solid pickup. It's good we got him.

It will be interesting to see how cal plays him. He's listed as a shooting guard but most say he's a pg. I think he will play both positions. I also don't think we lose every one of our guys that can play pg this yr. if cal doesn't land wiseman with adding the guys he wants to play its I'll be shocked.

I made a statement and it wasn’t defensive. In fact you agreed with the statement.
I certainly agree Any team would take him. I am saying he is a solid player, or decent pickup. I say that only because he is not John Wall Brandon Knight or DE'Aaron Fox type guy. That seemed to ruffle a few feathers.

ADVERTISEMENT