ADVERTISEMENT

Mavs- OKC

TOMCATS1990

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2019
See NBA teams have sponsors on their uniforms MAVS - chime OKC- Loves. Is their anything stopping Colleges from doing the same and building NIL funds. If theirs not wonder what school will be the first to act?

In light of how 2018 ended (playing through a broken finger back then), I love the AP headline, “P.J. Washington’s free throws finish rally as Mavs beat Thunder 117-116 to reach West finals.”
And to be fouled by former UK teammate SGA just adds to the story! Now when you search for “PJ Washington free throws” it will be for this good news story.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Only hit two threes, whereas 4 would have won me $40. What a jerk!
Did you read where athletes are getting threats to them and their family over prop bets? There's growing momentum to ban those garbage bets. I hope they are banned. It will slow down alot of slobbering idiots (degenerate gamblers) out there.

Last edited:
Last week ESPN had a front page story about how OKC was “building a dynasty” or some such nonsense. Couldn’t even get to the WCF.

I like OKC and they have some nice players, but that story served no purpose other than to motivate Dallas. It was probably written by AI it was so ridiculous.

Okc is who I started rooting for when they got KD. Okc has a very bright future and I am excited for it, but that L last night hurt some. SGA didn’t even need to foul him or get close to the shot, Washington wasn’t making that shot

Last week ESPN had a front page story about how OKC was “building a dynasty” or some such nonsense. Couldn’t even get to the WCF.

I like OKC and they have some nice players, but that story served no purpose other than to motivate Dallas. It was probably written by AI it was so ridiculous.
They may be referencing all the 1st and 2nd round picks they have coming over the next several years. Here's a partial explanation, but they are definitely going to have a chance to be good for a long time if they hit on some picks and/or trade some of the picks for studs. I'm just glad to see some parity in the NBA, finally.

Never thought I’d hear that, I still have nightmares of his FT misses. I love PJ but that cost us a final 4.
They were ugly free throws, he had 3 and only needed 1 to tie, 2 to win. First two bounced around before falling in, missed the 3rd on purpose forcing OKC to rebound with 2.5 seconds left and attempt a 3/4 court heave.

In light of how 2018 ended (playing through a broken finger back then), I love the AP headline, “P.J. Washington’s free throws finish rally as Mavs beat Thunder 117-116 to reach West finals.”
And to be fouled by former UK teammate SGA just adds to the story! Now when you search for “PJ Washington free throws” it will be for this good news story.
That's cool.

Sga was robbed of an MVP. What a player, season, and game. Okc needs at least two more pieces. In reality if it was seeded on talent, the seeds would be flipped. Okc just massively overachieved.

All that said, was a super weak call to give pj those free throws. No way that should've been a foul.

Okc is who I started rooting for when they got KD. Okc has a very bright future and I am excited for it, but that L last night hurt some. SGA didn’t even need to foul him or get close to the shot, Washington wasn’t making that shot
I'm happy for PJ and don't really have a problem with the Mavs but was pulling for OKC. Cason had a really bad stretch that played a part in OKC blowing that 17-point second half lead. I think he had back-to-back turnovers and then airballed a 3 on the next possession after that so really like 3 turnovers in a row. That was when the Mavs cut the lead to single digits in what seemed like no time and the momentum just continued after that.

I'm happy for PJ and don't really have a problem with the Mavs but was pulling for OKC. Cason had a really bad stretch that played a part in OKC blowing that 17-point second half lead. I think he had back-to-back turnovers and then airballed a 3 on the next possession after that so really like 3 turnovers in a row. That was when the Mavs cut the lead to single digits in what seemed like no time and the momentum just continued after that.
Okc biggest problem is they need a physical big to pair with Chet

Doncic getting blown by on defense 68% of the time by the Celtics.

When You Make A Big Mistake GIF - Worriedface GIFs

Sga was robbed of an MVP. What a player, season, and game. Okc needs at least two more pieces. In reality if it was seeded on talent, the seeds would be flipped. Okc just massively overachieved.

All that said, was a super weak call to give pj those free throws. No way that should've been a foul.
OKC is like one wing star away from being one of the teams to beat, even if SGA had a dude like Brandon Ingram they would be amazing. I hope they trade some draft picks to get another top level player. Not even max level just someone who has length and can defend and shoot/score. Ingram would fit well with their age timeline too.

Reactions: Cold Stout Beer
OKC is like one wing star away from being one of the teams to beat, even if SGA had a dude like Brandon Ingram they would be amazing. I hope they trade some draft picks to get another top level player. Not even max level just someone who has length and can defend and shoot/score. Ingram would fit well with their age timeline too.
I think they need to find a center and let Chet play the 4 .

Yeah I bet they regret that pick, overall though they have a stockpile of picks to get better and are set for a long time.
I jumped on the bandwagon for them a while ago when kd started playing there, so I follow them a lot. I think the plan is to try and group those picks together and try and get Markannen from the jazz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT