ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones Says Marcus Walker Story Will Get Worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's bad. Stoops/UK needs to make a public statement. Now.

He definitely does. This isn't something you can just sit on hoping story will go away. UK's football program will painted in a very negative light today nationally.

Dude had $95K in cash and nobody notices? UK will get hammered in recruiting about this for some time. This isn’t about what other schools have or haven’t done.

This is strictly a UK issue and I’ll be anxious to see how they plan on fixing it going forward. As a UK fan this is embarrassing

Dude had $95K in cash and nobody notices? UK will get hammered in recruiting about this for some time. This isn’t about what other schools have or haven’t done.

This is strictly a UK issue and I’ll be anxious to see how they plan on fixing it going forward. As a UK fan this is embarrassing

Obviously someone noticed if he got busted.

When I was in school at UK, Coach Claiborne pretty much had all the football team living in the Blanding I dorm. Claiborne was definitely old school, and perhaps most D-1 programs allow their players to live off campus anyway.

As for Walker definitely not good. I don’t see how he could credibly deny involvement or guilt in drug trafficking. I’m no lawyer but he’s probably looking at some serious time in the pen unless he cops a plea.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
He had a roommate. As of now they're both charged.

Marcus was also arrested with coke and cash in his vehicle.

Dude had $95K in cash and nobody notices?

Dude had $95K in cash and now is in jail with his roomie . . . . somebody noticed.

I've been involved in drug raids where $400k/500k was pulled out of a drawer in a rural small-timers homes without a bed to sleep in, or a frig.

The $$ involved is the least surprising aspect of the case . . . . merely indicating the feds likely were not involved, given that it is a relatively small amount of cash.

Last edited:
Due had $95K in cash and now is in jail with his roomie . . . . somebody noticed.

I've been involved in drug raids where $400k/500k was pulled out of a drawer in a rural small-timers homes without a bed to sleep in, or a frig.

The $$ involved is the least surprising aspect of the case . . . . merely indicating the feds likely were not involved, given that it is a relatively small amount of cash.

Somebody snitch? Or do you think the FCSD was running an investigation, CI's and the like.

Somebody snitch? Or do you think the FCSD was running an investigation, CI's and the like.

About 70% is snitching, with, maybe, 25% being a wire worn by an informant. 5% is the "real dumbass" exceptions that sound too damn funny to take seriously.

Per the article didn't it say someone called the police for a domestic disturbance. And when the cops arrived, they saw things that caused them to pursue it further.

Yep, probably will be used against UK in recruiting. Everything else is.

As far as the hue and cry about Stoops, what is he supposed to say? We gotta clean this up?

Once a player has been dismissed, that's it.
NO school, none, zip...replies publicly to charges against players other than 'we stand by our player', 'they are suspended', or 'they are no longer with the team.'

Bad look, bad hit in recruiting PR.
As for MJ's "suggestion", I believe the top five Kentucky born players had already said 'no thanks' prior to this coming out.

I'm very anxious to hear MB's take on all this... More interested than I am CMS take on all this... Kentuckians gets taken to the cleaners more than granddads only white dress shirt.

Walker may not get a huge sentence if a first time offender. He may get diversion and probation. After that, odds are he ends up suiting up for the Cards. They'll school his dumb ass on how to sling to college kids without getting caught. And how to dispose of overdosed coeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Yep, probably will be used against UK in recruiting. Everything else is.

As far as the hue and cry about Stoops, what is he supposed to say? We gotta clean this up?

Once a player has been dismissed, that's it.
NO school, none, zip...replies publicly to charges against players other than 'we stand by our player', 'they are suspended', or 'they are no longer with the team.'

Bad look, bad hit in recruiting PR.
As for MJ's "suggestion", I believe the top five Kentucky born players had already said 'no thanks' prior to this coming out.

Yeah, the kid is innocent until proven guilty. Stoops needs to address recruits’ questions about this, but I am not sure what people expect him to say publicly. He takes it seriously? He respects the legal process? UK is investigating? He is disappointed?

There is not much the school or coach can say publicly.

Reactions: catben
Per the article didn't it say someone called the police for a domestic disturbance. And when the cops arrived, they saw things that caused them to pursue it further.

yes, the things they saw...

1. busted out apartment window
2. $20 bills all over outside
3. baggies of weed outside
4. living room was trashed
5. blood visible in living room
6. large baggies of weed in living room

I'm thinking someone attempted to rob him, or something. He blamed it on roomates gf.

I'd love to know how compliance never thought to ask a question about any of his social media stuff
Likely because he wasn't selling online.
Compliance just has to do with NCAA rules and eligibility. nothing about law

Lawrence Phillips broke the law at Nebraska and got a national title.
Jeremy Jarmon used an over the counter supplement and was banned his senior year.

Compliance and the legal system have little or nothing to do with each other.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
5. blood visible in living room
6. large baggies of weed in living room

Ooops. All "reasonable and articulable" means of suspicion, likely leading to a non-warrant "knock and ask," or a warrant in 30 minutes of real time.

Yep, it was the "stupid" event that one might think a drug dealer could avoid, but drug dealers might not be Mensa applicants, on average.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Likely because he wasn't selling online.
Compliance just has to do with NCAA rules and eligibility. nothing about law

Lawrence Phillips broke the law at Nebraska and got a national title.
Jeremy Jarmon used an over the counter supplement and was banned his senior year.

Compliance and the legal system have little or nothing to do with each other.

He may as well. He posted tons of pics online that any half competent compliance staff would've questioned. Not even just from a legality perspective. But to at least rule out improper benefits as he clearly had a lifestyle way above what he should

Marcus is a wannabe gangsta..
8M8RjbN.gif

If there’s one thing that’ll get Mitch’s blood to boil- it’s this type of shit. Stoops sending missionaries to Ethiopia and Kilamajaro will only give him so much Milquetoast-Cred.

On-field buffoonery and drug arrests are more important windowdressing items than winning to Mitch. ‘Classy Losers’ is the only bar to achieve and our pudgy gopher is starting to slip.

Yeah, drugs are strictly a UK issue.

This was 20 years ago but I refereed a game for a correctional school once where the QB started for one of the large local teams before "transferring" to this school. Talked to a probation officer in our association, seems like someone noticed he had about $100,000 in a bank account as a junior in high school. Interesting game, called their RB (went on to play college ball) for hurdling THREE times, the ONLY time I called it in 33 years of officiating, did overrule the call one time because the DB had one knee on the ground.

Ooops. All "reasonable and articulable" means of suspicion, likely leading to a non-warrant "knock and ask," or a warrant in 30 minutes of real time.

Yep, it was the "stupid" event that one might think a drug dealer could avoid, but drug dealers might not be Mensa applicants, on average.

They might not know what that is, and surely don't know how to spell it.

Sorry but we have different opinions, are you a card fan like another poster suggested?

So...Because we disagree, then I must be a card fan? Does that apply to anybody who disagrees with you on any subject?

It seems such a pathetic tactic to use.

Your logic really is that I said UL isn't worth mentioning so much here so I must be a card fan trying to trick you somehow?

I'm pretty much up front about views I have that are HATED here so if my plan is to be popular here (for some reason), then I'm doing a very bad job at it.

Walker may not get a huge sentence if a first time offender. He may get diversion and probation. After that, odds are he ends up suiting up for the Cards. They'll school his dumb ass on how to sling to college kids without getting caught. And how to dispose of overdosed coeds.
The Tards won't take him, because he's a marginal player, anyway. He was a legit prospect, but, the arrest aside, he was accomplishing absolutely nothing in three years here.

Don't need a warrant on pot in Ky.. Strictly no knock.. I have to keep up with this particular stuff with what I do,, lol..

So...Because we disagree, then I must be a card fan? Does that apply to anybody who disagrees with you on any subject?

It seems such a pathetic tactic to use.

Your logic really is that I said UL isn't worth mentioning so much here so I must be a card fan trying to trick you somehow?

I'm pretty much up front about views I have that are HATED here so if my plan is to be popular here (for some reason), then I'm doing a very bad job at it.

I wish you would read my previous posts, it would help with your confusion. I responded to one of your posts, and someone posted to give it up, that you were a card fan. Which is why I answered back with the question are you a card fan? Nothing aggressive about it, but if you were a card fan my post to you would make no sense. Does that make sense? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT