ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones Says Marcus Walker Story Will Get Worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
but I don't even care that much about sports rivalries because they are grown men's way of projecting their own unconscious shame and guilt onto a "rival" sports team.

Furthering the quote, ". . . . yet I have visited your board, and engaged in a 'dissing' of your collective inability to appropriately 'diss' my sports program, meaning that I have projected my shame and guilt onto the posters who are quiet insufficient at doing the same to me."

Furthering the quote, ". . . . yet I have visited your board, and engaged in a 'dissing' of your collective inability to appropriately 'diss' my sports program, meaning that I have projected my shame and guilt onto the posters who are quiet insufficient at doing the same to me."

I predicted this reply and got my wish. Thanks, I guess.

My name for them is Transfer U, and yes it is a MAJOR diss, they take transfers AND coaches (hurtt and BP, Slick Rick fell apart with jurich in charge) other schools wouldn't even allow on campus, I think they have their normal half dozen JCs and at least three P5 transfers that will be eligible this year

Weak. Probably on par with UaVel, but (slightly) better than UofLoL. Maybe we could start a nicknames thread on here to see who can come up with the cleverist one because so far it's been a struggle. .

Weak. Probably on par with UaVel, but (slightly) better than UofLoL. Maybe we could start a nicknames thread on here to see who can come up with the cleverist one because so far it's been a struggle. .

A LOT of your success has been built on players that couldn't qualify out of high school (but posted a top ten APR with jurich in charge) and others kicked out of legit Universities for valid reasons. Willie that jurich personally tried to get in and vouched for probably the most flagrant, the domestic abuse DEFENSIVE MVP from the Big 12 not far behind, the QB from Kentucky that even Auburn couldn't stomach that was a LOT more trouble than he was worth, their NC MVP that also couldn't hack it at AUBURN (and several other schools) that didn't do a lot, didn't bother qualifying for the bowl game.

Lots of others that failed to make it elsewhere.

What does "cleverist" mean?

Sigh....U6 academics never cease to amaze.

Reactions: Poetax
And I put instant coffee in a microwave oven and damn near went back in time.

:When I put five minutes on my microwave and the timer dings I have gone five minutes into the future. It works every time.

You have a dangerous situation, you should take lessons from a microwave cooking expert, why only last week I learned how to boil water without scalding it.

The lessons are free, and you get to keep the spoiled food.

Who is Marcus Walker?

Just another young and dumb football player that should have gone to Transfer U to start with, where he would be fine, instead of coming here and letting Matt set off all those alarm bells. I guess it did get him a lot of attention though (both of them).

I have no clue why that other school gets mentioned so often here.....but I don't have an unwarranted inferiority complex leading to hatred over a nobody in the college sports world.

Now when UNC finally gets their just-deserved punishment, then I'll care.

If he read that, I suspect McGee would object to the use of the word "small" to describe his "impact," on the "whole" mess.

The prostitution went on for more than 5 years!

There’s been big corporations that didn’t last that long. LOL

I have no clue why that other school gets mentioned so often here.....but I don't have an unwarranted inferiority complex leading to hatred over a nobody in the college sports world.

Now when UNC finally gets their just-deserved punishment, then I'll care.

Maybe because their fans post here?

Reactions: JC CATS and jauk11
When are we going to hear about this "news"?

We already have. Haven't you been reading the thread?

I think Matt meant if Stoops or UK doesn't make some kind of public statement it will continue to linger on. I think he actually stated that UK should get out in front of this to keep it from hurting recruiting. Not sure there is anymore to the story.

I was kind of smart mouth talking it earlier, but actually with privacy laws, legal liabilities, etc and the fact that the player has pled innocent and awaiting trial by some form, the ONLY thing Stoops can do is release the player with no public comment. Although I am one of the folks that have convicted this guy in my mind, the legal system has not.

You would think Matt Jones would be aware of this. Duke degree....go figure.

We already have. Haven't you been reading the thread?

I think Matt meant if Stoops or UK doesn't make some kind of public statement it will continue to linger on. I think he actually stated that UK should get out in front of this to keep it from hurting recruiting. Not sure there is anymore to the story.
Well that's good news and to be honest I didn't read every post in the thread. I was just waiting for more players to be implicated. This is kind of tame, most programs would fill up a county jail

Well that's good news and to be honest I didn't read every post in the thread. I was just waiting for more players to be implicated. This is kind of tame, most programs would fill up a county jail

Transfer U's could probably fill a state prison-------in fact they probably would have by now without jurich.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC CATS
You’re a card fan, history is that you guys lack intelligence, sorry.

There is no correlation between intelligence and what college sports program you root for.

I know it's hard for people to hear, but sports really are just a form of entertainment. Nothing more. Other than the players and coaches that are on the team, rooting for a certain team is not indicative of anything of substantial value.

All the stereotypes given to fanbases are simply people transferring their own repressed unconscious shame onto others (also known as projection). In other words, we make up false enemies and then either present ourselves either as powerless victims or as heroes who are overcoming the "bad guy." This way, we never have to see the bad within ourselves and can blame it on others while putting ourselves in good standing. It is certifiably insane that we do this with sports teams, but your post I am quoting is a prime example of exactly that. Many Louisville fans do it too so I'm not excluding them. I used to be the same way. Now it's absolutely fascinating to observe.

There is no correlation between intelligence and what college sports program you root for.

I know it's hard for people to hear, but sports really are just a form of entertainment. Nothing more. Other than the players and coaches that are on the team, rooting for a certain team is not indicative of anything of substantial value.

All the stereotypes given to fanbases are simply people transferring their own repressed unconscious shame onto others (also known as projection). In other words, we make up false enemies and then either present ourselves either as powerless victims or as heroes who are overcoming the "bad guy." This way, we never have to see the bad within ourselves and can blame it on others while putting ourselves in good standing. It is certifiably insane that we do this with sports teams, but your post I am quoting is a prime example of exactly that. Many Louisville fans do it too so I'm not excluding them. I used to be the same way. Now it's absolutely fascinating to observe.
This is the U6 CutNets.

Reactions: Poetax
My 7-year old stepdaughter could come up with a better diss. Cmon. I'm a fan, but I don't even care that much about sports rivalries because they are grown men's way of projecting their own unconscious shame and guilt onto a "rival" sports team.

Please give us the psychological perspective of one who uses his "7-year old stepdaughter" as a measuring bar for "a better diss." Are we supposed to respond, "puddin' tane, ask me again?"

Dude if you are on a UK sports forum, "dissin' the disses," and then performing psychoanalysis on those who "diss,"you need to look up the word "hypocrite."

Pray tell, 06, what shame and guilt have you projected onto the UK fan base by engaging in that which you condemn?

Reactions: Levibooty

So you left the dark side, good for you.

Reactions: jauk11
Its not that much of a reach to say Stoops may need to go....Hatcher, Ware, Jones, Badett, Barker...a plethora of off the field issues in his tenure
So what trouble did Badet get into??? To my knowledge, he wanted to transfer. And as far as Ware, he didn’t get into any criminal activity trouble so those two are irrelevant! And they graduated and received their degrees!!!!

Reactions: jauk11 and Poetax
Not at all. Just prefer facts/transparency over rumors/innuendo. Jones could have dirt on Cal selling dope to hookers and he wouldn't spill a word about it, but he's quick to shout out any/all speculation about anything bad happening with the football program.

Matt’s source for both sports is Ryan. :)

Please give us the psychological perspective of one who uses his "7-year old stepdaughter" as a measuring bar for "a better diss." Are we supposed to respond, "puddin' tane, ask me again?"

Dude if you are on a UK sports forum, "dissin' the disses," and then performing psychoanalysis on those who "diss,"you need to look up the word "hypocrite."

Pray tell, 06, what shame and guilt have you projected onto the UK fan base by engaging in that which you condemn?

Oh, I'm no saint. That's not easy for a lot of people to admit, but it is for me. That said, my sainthood or lack thereof has no correlation to what team I root for. Anyway, I don't think saying a diss is weak sauce is being a hypocrite, but that's just my opinion.

Good luck to the UK football game in every game next, except one.

I had not heard these before but I luke them. Thank you. Especially the UofLofL. Brilliant and I must use this in the future.

This is just plain dumb on so many levels.
marcus-walker.jpg

Oh, I'm no saint. That's not easy for a lot of people to admit, but it is for me. That said, my sainthood or lack thereof has no correlation to what team I root for. Anyway, I don't think saying a diss is weak sauce is being a hypocrite, but that's just my opinion.

Good luck to the UK football game in every game next, except one.

I used to feel the same way about Transfer U.

I sure as hell don't any more since they became a win at all costs athletic factory with a bunch of crooks in charge of their teams.

It’s coincidental, that UL trolls show up every year about this time... I think their board drops to 3 or 4 posters

Actually, it’s become a patteern

Maybe because their fans post here?

I see that like when 6-year-olds try to get into adult conversations. You can't say that they're beneath you yet engage them with childish insults...well I suppose you CAN but why would you want to?

I don't engage in conversations with people I hate.

But then again, just being from an "urban" city isn't enough to make me hate anybody.

I see that like when 6-year-olds try to get into adult conversations. You can't say that they're beneath you yet engage them with childish insults...well I suppose you CAN but why would you want to?

I don't engage in conversations with people I hate.

But then again, just being from an "urban" city isn't enough to make me hate anybody.

Sorry but we have different opinions, are you a card fan like another poster suggested?

What's the psychological term for someone who seeks their validation through opposing fanbases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT