ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones Says Marcus Walker Story Will Get Worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come people say "UaVel?" Is that supposed to be funny or a major diss? Looks like a bunch of weak sauce to me.
How come people say LPT? It's weak sauce considering that UofLoL (like that one better?) is .500 against UK in football- and not nearly that in basketball.

Reactions: brianpoe
Ridiculous happens from time to time... It was ridiculous for Mcgee to hire hookers for players at UL.... but sometimes people do stupid things that make no sense

Its not likely.. its not probable but its not impossible. So shut the hell up with your scared as sheet whining.....

McGee was a grad assistant when that scandal started, not even comparable.

Scared of what? Your hyperbole?

Ridiculous happens from time to time... It was ridiculous for Mcgee to hire hookers for players at UL.... but sometimes people do stupid things that make no sense

Its not likely.. its not probable but its not impossible. So shut the hell up with your scared as sheet whining.....

Are you sure McGee wasn't just trying to fit in with the crowd at Louisville?

lol

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
McGee was a grad assistant when that scandal started, not even comparable.

Scared of what? Your hyperbole?

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll] .... are you defending hiring hookers for kids? If you dont find that ridiculous then you must be saying its ok to do so

You just dont want to admit that the ridiculous happens from time to time because you cant stand to lose an argument

This is literally a thread discussing what ways things could be worse like Matt Jones said.... its natural to think of the worst case scenario even if its improbable ........ Try bashing Matt Jones and the person who started this thread for making us think of ways it could get worse.... not those who mention how it would be worse. Jesus damn christmas....

Last edited:
Why would Matt Jones want football to suffer? He explained it several times and it showed up on our football program does well people talk about it and that means more ratings he wins $$ if our football program does well
I did not/didn't intend, to infer MJ would want any UK program to suffer....
Were UKFB to be more successful presently and historically perhaps he give them more of what he gives UKBB...? But things being what they are we get innuendo... :football:

[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll] .... are you defending hiring hookers for kids? If you dont find that ridiculous then you must be saying its ok to do so

You just dont want to admit that the ridiculous happens from time to time because you cant stand to lose an argument

This is literally a thread discussing what ways things could be worse like Matt Jones said.... its natural to think of the worst case scenario even if its improbable ........ Try bashing Matt Jones and the person who started this thread for making us think of ways it could get worse.... not those who mention how it would be worse. Jesus damn christmas....

Ok I'll play you're ridiculous game. If UK's Board of Trustees knew about this...if the Governor knew about this...

If he read that, I suspect McGee would object to the use of the word "small" to describe his "impact," on the "whole" mess.

The prostitution went on for more than 5 years!!!!

I didn't realize that, hard to believe it was even worse than I thought it was, thought that was impossible, lol.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
If he read that, I suspect McGee would object to the use of the word "small" to describe his "impact," on the "whole" mess.

The prostitution went on for more than 5 years!!!!

So much innuendo my brain is about to implode. A small space is about to become available.

Are they going to get any punishment other than taking the banner down? If they have then I missed it.

Last edited:
Are they going to get any punishment other than taking the banner down? If they have then I missed it.

Remember, the banner was for the hooker scandal, not for the Adidas/FBI/pay for play scandal, which is still being decided. By all rights, they should get hit harder than any other school in that scandal because uavel did it while already on probation.

As I recall there was a major financial punishment, as well.

Not sure about that, wasn't the "major" punishment they got for stealing Wake Forest's football plays about $20,000, ridiculous whatever it was.

As I recall there was a major financial punishment, as well.

It would be interesting to know what that was, I think the NCAA took away the payments they got for appearing in the games, not sure if they made money on ticket sales, junkets, jersey sales, etc etc. Probably got a few donations too, and the "shoe deal" probably got a lot more money in because of it--------as well as a lot more trouble.

Someone help me out, I read a story that Jurich made a statement that the shoe money was for the players (we know one got $100,000 of it, a hundred mill unaccounted for?) and a story came out that Slick Rick got the vast majority of it, any truth to that at all. I find anything possible at Transfer U with jurich in charge.

It would be interesting to know what that was, I think the NCAA took away the payments they got for appearing in the games,

"Should today’s NCAA ruling stand, Louisville will be required to pay back millions in NCAA tournament money; the funds will then go back into the NCAA’s coffers."

I pulled this quote from an older story, pre-appeal. The story goes on to say that Louisville and other ACC schools made 3 million apiece in conference sharing of NCAA this year, and that U6 has to surrender 4 years worth of NCAA money/conference sharing. So, guestimating, 4 times 2 million equals 8 million. Four times 3 million equals 12 million. I'd say 8 to 12 million is the range of the figure involved.

Actually, I read Louisvilles fines ended up relatively small because of conference revenue sharing. Not only that but I think the Cards were still paying Bills East exit fees. I think the school president stated actual fines for the school less than a million.

Look at all the free publicity they got though.

Reactions: The-Hack
Actually, I read Louisvilles fines ended up relatively small because of conference revenue sharing. Not only that but I think the Cards were still paying Bills East exit fees. I think the school president stated actual fines for the school less than a million.

Look at all the free publicity they got though.

It's about time they got some publicity, jurich was very good at suppressing it. Still can't understand how there is still NOTHING about the two players and the "cheerleader" being shot.

Interesting question, do the other ACC schools have to give their share of their tourney winnings back also?

It's about time they got some publicity, jurich was very good at suppressing it. Still can't understand how there is still NOTHING about the two players and the "cheerleader" being shot.

Interesting question, do the other ACC schools have to give their share of their tourney winnings back also?
i was up early myself ;)

The way I read it, no. Nor the ACC. If they had, there would have likely been lawsuits out the ear. My question is does Louisville forfeit all the revenue sharing from other participants. If so, then while the direct NCAA fine from the NCAA to LOUISVILLE is around 600,000, the actual financial penalty is much higher.
Then again, this IS the conference of North Carolina and Miami and Notre Dame and so on.
The conference may not want more of that chatter.

UofLoL (like that one better?)

That one is worse. My 7-year old stepdaughter could come up with a better diss. Cmon. I'm a fan, but I don't even care that much about sports rivalries because they are grown men's way of projecting their own unconscious shame and guilt onto a "rival" sports team. This way they can avoid responsibility for their own problems and instead obsess over sports teams. It's creepy, and that goes for all fanbases (including some Louisville fans).

The cringeworthy UofLol stuff just adds to the creepiness of it all. Anyway good luck with your players.

I'm sure the posters on the Cardinal boards have interesting names for UK. Doesn't bother me because I'm not going to waste my time and emotional energy on your message boards.

Yeah they say stuff like UKay and pUKe which is also really weird.

Last edited:
Seems like we went from a third string guy getting arrested off campus for dealing all the way up to half the team involved and the coaching staff knowing about it. All in a page and a half.

It's easier to say a young guy decided to make guick bucks and a lot of em illegally...and did it off campus so the staff and most of the team didn't know just what he was into.
By the time we get finished the AD and University president will be implicated. Thanks Matt

Already answered that.

My name for them is Transfer U, and yes it is a MAJOR diss, they take transfers AND coaches (hurtt and BP, Slick Rick fell apart with jurich in charge) other schools wouldn't even allow on campus, I think they have their normal half dozen JCs and at least three P5 transfers that will be eligible this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT