ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones Says Marcus Walker Story Will Get Worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this turns out to be a major team problem then Stoops needs to go. Unacceptable if it is a widespread issue.
That's a bit over the top. If this turns out to be Art Briles level then yeah he will have to go. There's not really any indication based on what we know now that it's heading in that direction though.

This thread has Wildcard excited, so much so that he used two different emojis.
It is what it is. From time to time this stuff happens no matter how closely you watch over things. But, in this case, I admit, I was struck by the amount and the cash counter. Makes Hatcher's situation look pretty trifling. But if it is no more than what has been actually "reported", it will pass.

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: jauk11
cathouse-you need to go to your namesake and chill. Some manager you would be. Fire a coach because what some stupid 19 year old does, not because he had back to back 1-11 records.

Reactions: BlueTick2
Its not that much of a reach to say Stoops may need to go....Hatcher, Ware, Jones, Badett, Barker...a plethora of off the field issues in his tenure

Don't be naive, UK and UGA are the only 2 schools in the conference where every indiscretion a kid makes hits the news. Honey Badger failed 10 drug test and never missed a snap, Bama players are never use drugs until their eligibility expires, Franklin tried to cover up rape, Knoxville had a police officer who's duty was to call the coaches if a player was about to be charged. Thug life had become so accepted at UF with no penalties a group thought could fraud the school.

None of us are recruiting Sunday school teachers, just most sweep it under the rug.

But if this is some kind of mini drug cartel with a group involved, then someone has failed.

Until the staff and athletic dept gets caught for covering things up then I’d say they’re safe. Things like this really aren’t usual. Happens to players all over the country. Quick google search will tell you that. When you recruit guys who grew up in areas where this is common, it is sometimes hard to get out of the life style. A lot of guys do but some guys clearly do not

Last edited:
What exactly is the quote from Matt Jones? Does he mean things will get worse for Walker? The team? Both?
Must have been discussed on the radio show, which I don’t listen to. The OP did get me to go the KSR web site for the first time in months, and I saw no mention of it there.

Don't be naive, UK and UGA are the only 2 schools in the conference where every indiscretion a kid makes hits the news. Honey Badger failed 10 drug test and never missed a snap, Bama players are never use drugs until their eligibility expires, Franklin tried to cover up rape, Knoxville had a police officer who's duty was to call the coaches if a player was about to be charged. Thug life had become so accepted at UF with no penalties a group thought could fraud the school.

None of us are recruiting Sunday school teachers, just most sweep it under the rug.

But if this is some kind of mini drug cartel with a group involved, then someone has failed.

Exactly. Aaron Hernandez last year at Florida there was something like 47 arrests in their program and Hernandez was running guns and participating in a gang. Never missed a snap.

Its not that much of a reach to say Stoops may need to go....Hatcher, Ware, Jones, Badett, Barker...a plethora of off the field issues in his tenure
Uhhhhhhh.....
Ware, Badet and Barker all received degrees and either gave up football(Barker) went to a higher profile school for draft purposes( Badet), or already were told they had a list of things they had to address....Ware.
Once someone gets that degree, there's not much anyone can say or do.

Under Richt, yes...I dare say under KS there won't be a crack a church mouse could get into at ga.

Reactions: merrimanm
If Jones knows there is more to this story, then so does UK. “Getting out in front” of a criminal investigation is not something UK wants to do. That certainly cannot be Matt the Lawyer’s advice. The most UK can do is prepare from within for the moment the next domino falls or, at the most, suspend players who are publicly under investigation.

Last edited:
It is what it is. From time to time this stuff happens no matter how closely you watch over things. But, in this case, I admit, I was struck by the amount and the cash counter. Makes Hatcher's situation look pretty trifling. But if it is no more than what has been actually "reported", it will pass.

Peace

I just hope this situation isn't as bad as what you Cards had going on at Cardinal Towne a few years ago. Drug dealing football player sells/gives heroin and pills to a cheerleader who dies in his room. The Athletic Dept. did its best to cover it up but the truth came out eventually.

Univ__of_Louisville_cheerleader_died_in__2242050000_9575930_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...erleader-died-overdose-cops-article-1.2007605

Last edited:
I just did about 20 minutes of searching, haven't found anything about this case going further. I'll wait til we see facts. Let's not let this become another Stoops affair with a student situation.

Under Richt, yes...I dare say under KS there won't be a crack a church mouse could get into at ga.

Nope, our starting ILB next to Smith last year missed the last 5 games, Kirbys first year he suspended a starter for underage alcohol comsumption for 6 games. We had one arrested last week for posting a tape of him and a young lady in a compromising situation. UGA guys make the front page of the AJC within minutes of being booked.

But I wish it were a more level field

Wildcard must have forgotten James Quick’s charges. Of course he can’t wait to submit his next baiting post over here. The dudes job is to scroll the entire interenet for anything he can find negative UK. He hangs out here more than anywhere elseeven though he is a UL fan. Glass houses.

Nope, our starting ILB next to Smith last year missed the last 5 games, Kirbys first year he suspended a starter for underage alcohol comsumption for 6 games. We had one arrested last week for posting a tape of him and a young lady in a compromising situation. UGA guys make the front page of the AJC within minutes of being booked.

But I wish it were a more level field
Listen to what Grumpy says. UK's not playing on the same field as the SEC's historic upper crust....read Auburn, UT, UF.

Grumpy hit the nail on the head. It seems like a couple of SEC schools have reporters salivating over anything they find on the football team.
Not much would surprise me these days, but I want to wait until the police act.
Can't hardly start dismissing kids before someone is officially charged with something.
I also want everyone to think back on the feeding frenzy on the boards about Coach Stoops and allegations of misconduct a couple of seasons back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT