ADVERTISEMENT

Matt jones podcast

If you're referring to his periscope he said that he heard that Diallo, Knox and....Shai were the three best players during the pickup games. He also said all of the players were good kids and there were no expected issues like the team dealt with over the past couple years with Briscoe. Yes, he called him out by name and stated that there were no similar issues this summer. He still feels strongly about Williamson, Quickley and Barrett in 2018. Barrett less than the other two but still feels he's a Cat in the end. In football news Bowden is on campus and they're working to get him eligible . Should the eligibility question extend beyond Monday then it would be cause for concern. There were GOT and Bevin questions that were of little consequence so I tuned out.

Last edited:
SGA - 6'6"
Diallo - 6'5"
Knox - 6'8"
Vanderbilt - 6'8"
Washington - 6'8"

That would be insane, the length and athleticism would have endless potential on defense and offense

Reactions: UKMKG
If SGA can play, like really play, like one and done level play, we are going to be an entirely different level than I expected.

SGA, Diallo, Knox, Vanderbilt, Washington would be hellacious on both ends.
I think we will see a player that surprises everyone play a huge role on this team(SGA,Baker,Jones or Richards)I think Washington and Knox will be what we expect,Diallo, Gabriel and Vanderbilt will play multiple roles at two positions.Green's play will decide how good we are and how soon we are good

That is 10 players to vie for 5 spots,it will take longer than usual to sort things out.It will be an interesting year.

If you're referring to his periscope he said that he heard that Diallo, Knox and....Shai were the three best players during the pickup games. He also said all of the players were good kids and there were no expected issues like the team dealt with over the past couple years with Briscoe. Yes, he called him out by name and stated that there were no similar issues this summer. He still feels strongly about Williamson, Quickley and Barrett in 2018. Barrett less than the other two but still feels he's a Cat in the end. In football news Bowden is on campus and they're working to get him eligible . Should the eligibility question extend beyond Monday then it would be cause for concern. There were GOT and Bevin questions that were of little consequence so I tuned out.

Briscoe must have really pissed some people off with his comments after the season.

Briscoe must have really pissed some people off with his comments after the season.
Briscoe played hard and gave us what he had to give,he would have been a very disliked player had he played for a rival team.I don't think he will ever embrace his UK experience(at least not until he is much older)

Briscoe played hard and gave us what he had to give,he would have been a very disliked player had he played for a rival team.I don't think he will ever embrace his UK experience(at least not until he is much older)

I think he felt he should have played PG but he didn't have the handles or the ability to run the team when he played PG. When we had Tyler Ulis at point the play on the court flowed. When Briscoe ran the point it seemed to me that there was no flow to our offense. Nobody knew what to do and it just didn't seem like the same team. He was great at getting to the rim and rebounding...everything else not so much.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
It's probably good we can't hear everything that's going on behind the scenes with these guys. Our minority fan base would have probably run Briscoe off at some point....

I've always thought that SGA would end up starting over Quade. This team will have the athletic makeup of Cal's classic Memphis teams. Run N Gun

Reactions: Fox2monk
When Briscoe left all sorts of things came out about his attitude when the cameras weren't on him. I'm thankful that he didn't let his disagreement with the coaching staff affect his play. He was never our best player but he always left it all out on the court.

Well except when he ran out of bounds on the baseline 3 possessions in a row lol.

It was a stark contrast to Ryan Harrow, who did let this sort thing affect his play in a negative way. I don't much about that situation so I won't speculate further, I'm just thankful to Briscoe for always playing his best despite being disgruntled with his role.

Reactions: GG24
When Briscoe left all sorts of things came out about his attitude when the cameras weren't on him. I'm thankful that he didn't let his disagreement with the coaching staff affect his play. He was never our best player but he always left it all out on the court.

Well except when he ran out of bounds on the baseline 3 possessions in a row lol.

It was a stark contrast to Ryan Harrow, who did let this sort thing affect his play in a negative way. I don't much about that situation so I won't speculate further, I'm just thankful to Briscoe for always playing his best despite being disgruntled with his role.
Yeah Briscoe came here thinking he would be the GUY not Murray or ULis and then he was overshadowed again by Fox and Monk . He just saw himself as a better player then I think he was showing. He will be an NBA player in the mode of the how the twins make an NBA check though still.

He left it all on the baseline against UCLA. :) I have no beef with him as he never got into trouble off the court and never got selfish on it. Wish all parties could just move on.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
Briscoe played out of position for 2 years, but Cal did it to get him on the court and try and help him. It is what it is. He's moved on and I have as well.

It's going to be a very exciting year for UK basketball. As far as Briscoe, he played his ass off and was always supportive of teammates on the court. I have absolutely no problem with him and glad he was a Cat. He had unfortunate timing between Ulis and Fox running the show. I think over time you will see him soften his stance on UK.

Actually, I was sharing with this site what a headache Briscoe and his camp were, but some don't want to hear things like that, which I get. An outsider sharing things, but I think this program is stronger for him being gone and it was good for both parties to have moved on.

Delusion is a dangerous and unfortunately more common theme as each year passes.

Paul B said Wenyen has actually been the best player in open gym games. My
Man Bogans confirmed it

Might as well has nick Richards in that gigantic line up. Dude is 7' with 7'3" wingspan with 30 inch no step vertical.

You need an anchor in the middle. 4 positionless players and an anchor.

Reactions: Bluesnky
Might as well has nick Richards in that gigantic line up. Dude is 7' with 7'3" wingspan with 30 inch no step vertical.

You need an anchor in the middle. 4 positionless players and an anchor.

Briscoe played out of position for 2 years, but Cal did it to get him on the court and try and help him. It is what it is. He's moved on and I have as well.

Briscoe just wasn't PG material. His mentality was to drive and score. That's fine, but there are other parts of the game that he seemed to struggle with. Especially the mental part of the game. That is crucial for a PG.

I was hoping that Cal could get him to the point where he could run the PG. I think this coming year could have been that season. Two years under his belt and the lack of a truly elite PG in front of him. He moved on, though, and it now sounds like it was for the best.

When Briscoe made some comment about not being worried about Jamal Murray coming on board (he said it in a negative way, I can't remember the exact words), I knew it was trouble. Briscoe should have gone to St. John's and averaged a triple double.

SGA - 6'6"
Diallo - 6'5"
Knox - 6'8"
Vanderbilt - 6'8"
Washington - 6'8"

That would be insane, the length and athleticism would have endless potential on defense and offense
It will help a lot defensively. They still have to put the ball in the basket though.

I like opposing players that dribble out of bounds, can't shoot, and get swatted in the lane.

Yeah Briscoe came here thinking he would be the GUY not Murray or ULis and then he was overshadowed again by Fox and Monk . He just saw himself as a better player then I think he was showing. He will be an NBA player in the mode of the how the twins make an NBA check though still.

I don't think briscoe will ever play an actual NBA game (not counting D/G league or whatever it's called )
I do think he could make some very nice $ playing overseas though

Matt has a woman?
I don't know but we have had some dick players before that never got their name thrown around this much. Briscoe will always have my respect. He came in as the top ranked PG of his class and played off the ball for two years basically as an undersized small forward and never seemed to complain publicly. He went out and battled every game and gave maximum effort. That would be hard to do for a lot of these blue chip kids that we get.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
ADVERTISEMENT