ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones Periscope

Says Pitino is probably gone, Ramsey could be as well by early next week.

Starting a new political party!

He said Poythress will be back soon. Good news since some thought for a few days he may be done for the year. Cal wants him to bring energy, since right now they are playing so well without him. Says Cal knows this is the worst defensive team he has had here, which is ok because it may be the best offensive team he has had too when things are clicking. The 6 teams Matt says has a chance to win the title: Kansas, UNC, OU, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan State. Calipari is very unhappy with Sirmons and if he does another UK game Cal is going to be very mad with the SEC as a whole.

For UofL:

Ramsey will be gone at the end of the week, or early next week. Then he mentioned something about a professor leaking information that more parties took place then the ones Katina knew about. Said Pitino will be gone at the end of the year and not a single UofL person, even the ones close to Pitino believe he will stay. Said the whole Jurich to USC thing was created by Jurich himself. He played the media like a fiddle.

That was pretty much it

He said Poythress will be back soon. Good news since some thought for a few days he may be done for the year. Cal wants him to bring energy, since right now they are playing so well without him. Says Cal knows this is the worst defensive team he has had here, which is ok because it may be the best offensive team he has had too when things are clicking. The 6 teams Matt says has a chance to win the title: Kansas, UNC, OU, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan State. Calipari is very unhappy with Sirmons and if he does another UK game Cal is going to be very mad with the SEC as a whole.

For UofL:

Ramsey will be gone at the end of the week, or early next week. Then he mentioned something about a professor leaking information that more parties took place then the ones Katina knew about. Said Pitino will be gone at the end of the year and not a single UofL person, even the ones close to Pitino believe he will stay. Said the whole Jurich to USC thing was created by Jurich himself. He played the media like a fiddle.

That was pretty much it

Sirmons has committed the cardinal sin of refereeing multiple times, which is to make the game about himself instead of about the teams.

He has made it personal with Cal, which makes wonder whether he should be working around Cal.

Aceman pretty much said everything, but for those that missed it, he said he was leaving this one up overnight.

It's striking how convinced he is that Ricky P is gone. Seems inevitable at this point.

Reactions: UK till Death
kick_me_zps3uiydb6q.jpeg

For UofL:

That was pretty much it
Looserville fans are saying Jurich created the rumor in an attempt to find out who Matt Jones source is.

Looserville fans are saying Jurich created the rumor in an attempt to find out who Matt Jones source is.

Could be true, but Matt never mentioned it. That was one other thing Matt touched on. Said he finds it hilarious how many Louisville fans are trying to figure out who the "mole" is. Says in reality he has 3-4 people that he gets his information from, and his best source no one will ever be able to guess.

Worst defensive team? '13 and '14 were wayyy worse at this time of the season. Nerlens goes down in '13 and I don't need to go any further there, '14 we got alot better towards the end of the season, but our offense hit their stride at the right time as well.

I have to start catching these periscopes.
If Rick leaves it will be the best thing for him and UofL. Too much trash in a short period of time.

We know Rick will be gone. He just has to, it's a mess. Anyone can say he will leave without sayin where they hear it.

Reactions: TexKat
Worst defensive team? '13 and '14 were wayyy worse at this time of the season. Nerlens goes down in '13 and I don't need to go any further there, '14 we got alot better towards the end of the season, but our offense hit their stride at the right time as well.
Yes and no.

Now that Murray has decided to play D (most of the time), our perimeter D is pretty fierce. Briscoe and Ulis are studs, and we don't fall off much, if any, when Hawkins is in the game.

Our front court D is not great though. For one thing, we all know we foul too much. We also don't have a stud shot blocker. All of Cal's past teams have been better than this years squad in that regard.

Turtle Neck also needs to leave. Him giving coaches a contract to where they aren't responsible for the underlings actions is promoting an atmosphere of non compliance. If he stays, then nothing will ever change at UL and the next coach will benefit from the same atmosphere of non compliance.

We know Rick will be gone. He just has to, it's a mess. Anyone can say he will leave without sayin where they hear it.

I love when people like you continue to belittle MJ's information when it comes to the UL scandal. The guy is consistently telling us news about the UL scandal before any UL media member gets it and yet people still want to discredit him. Boggles the mind.

We should want Pitino to stay. The Calipari/Pitino rivalry has made both programs better.

We should want Pitino to stay. The Calipari/Pitino rivalry has made both programs better.

Good point. You made me think about it, and I agree I do want Pitino to stay - for the time being anyway. I don't know how much the coaching rivalry has made the programs better, but it has made the games more entertaining for me. Now, if Pitino can't sustain the UL program to a respectable level, then I would hope he goes.

I think it's obvious both of these guys drive each other. Cal has been at his best here, and Pitino had one Final Four through his first 10 seasons at U of L (I think). So obviously this Final Four-Title-Sweet 16-Elite Eight run is a huge step up from what he had been doing. It wasn't going to last forever, but I really think with Pitino gone it might affect us to some degree. Maybe we should restart the IU series?

I thought Bad Billy Pratt turned in a good performance....

18kmj9mdkr0hajpg.jpg

I'm sorry, Annie. I got horny. Do you hate me?

Reactions: kyjeff1
Good point. You made me think about it, and I agree I do want Pitino to stay - for the time being anyway. I don't know how much the coaching rivalry has made the programs better, but it has made the games more entertaining for me. Now, if Pitino can't sustain the UL program to a respectable level, then I would hope he goes.
Hell no. If he can't keep it at respectable level I want him to stay and enjoy the pain.

And by respectable I assume you mean competitive on the court because the UofL athletics program as a whole has zero respectability.

ADVERTISEMENT