ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones moved to Cards radio?

etownblue25

Sophomore
Jul 30, 2008
I just saw where KSR is now on 790am which used to be Cardinal radio. Is that still the case?

He may ALSO be on 790AM but I'm listening right now on WLAP 630AM. So, they may have added another station to their list, but they haven't been moved.

UofL sports now on WGTK 970 AM in Louisville.
Lmao thanks for pointing this out. I work there and they hadn't even told me the new call letters yet! Matt is being simulcasted onto 790 from his network station we also have, NKSR. Which is where you'll also find Tom Leach's show, which isnt on 790

The funny thing is jurich started 790 cards radio. He wanted John Ramsey to be the ksr of the card radio station. And that’s a direct quote.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
The funny thing is jurich started 790 cards radio. He wanted John Ramsey to be the ksr of the card radio station. And that’s a direct quote.
We had to move UL to 790 when UK on Whas became top priority and we had UK women on KJ 1080. Never heard about the Ramsey part, tho I'm not at all saying ya wrong. I dont see allll the details behind scenes. Hardly ever saw Jurich in the building tho...

He may ALSO be on 790AM but I'm listening right now on WLAP 630AM. So, they may have added another station to their list, but they haven't been moved.
No, he moved. It’s a Louisville thing. Over there he moved from 840 WHAS to 790 whatever that is. They said it was coming for weeks in advance. But I don’t know if this is for all the UK programming or only KSR. It’s important to know about because when they do radio blackouts in Lexington for home games you can still listen to the Louisville station.

In Lex it stays 630 WLAP. No change here.

Reactions: IL Wildcat
KSR the weekday show itself hasn't been on WHAS... only his pregame and post game has, and that only started this season. KSR now moved to KRD, not Leach tho. All UK men's games will remain on WHAS tho, and we now run UK women on KRD 790. In Lex, games still on WBUL as well.
No, he moved. It’s a Louisville thing. Over there he moved from 840 WHAS to 790 whatever that is. They said it was coming for weeks in advance. But I don’t know if this is for all the UK programming or only KSR. It’s important to know about because when they do radio blackouts in Lexington for home games you can still listen to the Louisville station.

Reactions: BlueSince92
People still listen to the radio? You can watch a game on your phone in the middle of the desert these days.

People still listen to the radio? You can watch a game on your phone in the middle of the desert these days.
I listen to the radio on my phone.

200w.gif

Who the heck doesn’t listen to the radio? I’m not staying up ‘til 9:00 PM to watch crappy games. I’ll listen on Alexa.

KSR the weekday show itself hasn't been on WHAS... only his pregame and post game has, and that only started this season. KSR now moved to KRD, not Leach tho. All UK men's games will remain on WHAS tho, and we now run UK women on KRD 790. In Lex, games still on WBUL as well.
Leach moved too

I gotcha. I listen on iheart radio to WLAP out of Lexington. But this is good to know. 👍

Reactions: BlueSince92
Leach moved too
Yep, had to go back and read my work emails, my PD accidentally told me 2 KSR preshows which I know we only have 1...with Shannon doing that 1. So Leach is on at 8a as before, simulcasted off the NKSR network

WKRD predates Matt Jones. If I remember correctly, WKRD became WKRD when WHAS made UK the flagship team, overriding all UL broadcasts in early 2000’s. UL fans we all kind of mad when that happened

Reactions: etownblue25
ADVERTISEMENT