ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones just tweeted new OC could be named tomorrow or Tuesday

Dave Ragone would be WAAAAAAYYYY better than Giduigli!!!

Ragone is a name I hadn’t even thought about. I think he would be a great choice if Coen falls through.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
I really don't take anything coming out right now very seriously. The last two times Stoops has done this, he's kept it very in house, until he basically had his guy locked up. Having Sexton as his agent, the agent for a ton of coaches, he can back channel a lot stuff without anyone ever knowing about it.

We need a thread on this site dedicated to all of the "I'm hearing" , "I've got a source" , "this is the guy" , "we'll know by..." and "my sisters cousins dogsitter knows...." posts so we can keep track of all of the people that are FOS

It's hilarious

It's Tuesday. I suppose they could break it this evening but probably more likely this drags on another day or two. It's a huge hire and decision so need to make sure it's the right one.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
SEC just going to get harder in two years. Anything short of a great OC we will be middle of the pack material. Average OC would only be here a short time. Hopefully Stoops is not just waiting for people to come to him and has been beating the bushes for OC's instead of just settling whatever he can get through applications. Go out and recruit and get all these good receivers, they deserve an OC and a QB that will get them the ball. Time to move on from the clock burning playing style unless we are content being middle of the pack.

Anytime you hear someone proclaim that a head coach or a coordinator will be named just a couple days after the previous one left or was let go is typically full of it - it is never that easy. Not saying it wont happen but the Monday/Tuesday timeline was never feasible.

Reactions: Girthang
Dave Ragone would be WAAAAAAYYYY better than Giduigli!!!

Ragone is a name I hadn’t even thought about. I think he would be a great choice if Coen falls through.
Would Ragone be a potential head coach candidate for his alma mater if Brohm tells them to pound sand?

Reactions: catben
Ya he mentioned that UK would be fine announcing Coen and letting him coach out the season there, but that might not work because it might not go over well in a pro locker room. Not sure how much sense this makes either. The guy said Marrow was a candidate for UC so he’ll say just about anything.
trying to get his pal a raise.

Maybe all this mixed messages and apparent delays are just negotiations. If your Coen & see what happened at UK after he left, then you are gonna ask for a lot. Stoops can react with oh yeah, lots of good candidates other than you want to talk to me!

Its like dating. Both sides need to realize how much they need each other, then compromise, meet in the middle.

I don't know. He said it could be Coen or 1 of 2 other people he doesn't name. Seems pretty legit.
Still think if Coen is a legit candidate we'd be hearing/reading stories out of LA....and we aren't. I think this whole "Coen to UK" thing is a false flag driven by KY media's lazy reporting. Are UK fans setting themselves up for a fall?

Reactions: bigbluedon
You're kidding? There's some dude on YouTube, who's a big WVU fan, he'll have to be committed.

better article

Ragone would be excellent IMO, but I don’t see him leaving a NFL OC job for a college one. Really hoping he doesn’t pop up in Louisville discussions. He’s made chicken salad out of chicken crap in Atlanta - bottom 7 QB, no real RB, no real special WRs, and they’re decent

Reactions: catben
giphy.gif

I’m hearing Rick Minter is coming back as the OC. He said that the DC thing didn’t work out too well, maybe he should try OC

I know it’s not my sisters hairdresser. She said “No way”

Which prob means she wants the job and is politicking for it

Reactions: hmt5000

Matt says, if it gets worked out, UK fans will ne happy. I looked up Coen’s Twitter account. His attached photo may have been unchanged since he joined the Rams but he and his young son are wearing Kentucky blue.

I share this for what it’s worth.https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1484613389691281415/s3zdozxS_400x400.jpg
Another miss for MJ. Let the excuses begin.

Reactions: ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT