ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones just tweeted new OC could be named tomorrow or Tuesday

Kampus Korner

All-American
Mar 23, 2007
Saratoga, New York

Matt says, if it gets worked out, UK fans will ne happy. I looked up Coen’s Twitter account. His attached photo may have been unchanged since he joined the Rams but he and his young son are wearing Kentucky blue.

I share this for what it’s worth.https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1484613389691281415/s3zdozxS_400x400.jpg

Matt says, if it gets worked out, UK fans will ne happy. I looked up Coen’s Twitter account. His attached photo may have been unchanged since he joined the Rams but he and his young son are wearing Kentucky blue.

I share this for what it’s worth.https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1484613389691281415/s3zdozxS_400x400.jpg
His last tweet overall was back in April. But here’s hoping for good news

Hate to get ahead of myself, but it being so fast makes me think it might be Coen? I thought it was a long shot but this feels very fast to go through the traditional interview process. Maybe someone else that interviewed last year?

It would make sense for Liam to come the day after the Rams announce Stafford is out for the season and they lose their 9th game. The Rams are basically in rebuild mode. I would say if Coen is announced tomorrow, we'll have the QB here by next week.

Drummond said the same thing earlier today. Said Stoops may say something tomorrow at the bowl presser. Only problem is the job posting ends Tuesday so he may after wait till after that

Reactions: catben
I don’t think anyone has the scoop ATM. That may change when the decision has been made. I think most/all were just going off of the posting expiration dates and UK’s history on these hirings.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
Matt said today Coen is the target and that he wants to be here. But he said it’s been tough figuring out the timing of him leaving the Rams and that might end up preventing it from happening. Also said Stoops feels he needs an OC decision sooner than later due to recruitment of portal targets.

Matt said today Coen is the target and that he wants to be here. But he said it’s been tough figuring out the timing of him leaving the Rams and that might end up preventing it from happening. Also said Stoops feels he needs an OC decision sooner than later due to recruitment of portal targets.
I would love to have Coen back, but that sounds like Matt Jones covering for being wrong. Unless he is going to coach the bowl game, why does it matter when he leaves the Rams? The early signing period is right around the corner so it’s not like whoever is hired will have time to build relationships with recruits. The biggest thing is having someone in place so we can attract a good quarterback. I just can’t imagine that if Stoops really wants him back that his departure time from the Rams would kill the deal. I think Matt is making up crap in case Coen isn’t the one.

I would love to have Coen back, but that sounds like Matt Jones covering for being wrong. Unless he is going to coach the bowl game, why does it matter when he leaves the Rams? The early signing period is right around the corner so it’s not like whoever is hired will have time to build relationships with recruits. The biggest thing is having someone in place so we can attract a good quarterback. I just can’t imagine that if Stoops really wants him back that his departure time from the Rams would kill the deal. I think Matt is making up crap in case Coen isn’t the one.
Ya he mentioned that UK would be fine announcing Coen and letting him coach out the season there, but that might not work because it might not go over well in a pro locker room. Not sure how much sense this makes either. The guy said Marrow was a candidate for UC so he’ll say just about anything.

Ya he mentioned that UK would be fine announcing Coen and letting him coach out the season there, but that might not work because it might not go over well in a pro locker room. Not sure how much sense this makes either. The guy said Marrow was a candidate for UC so he’ll say just about anything.
The pro locker room? Rams are dead in the water.

The only real problem there would be is if Coen has something in his contract that would prevent him speaking/signing with other franchises or institutions during the contractual season without permission.

It's not considered professional to leave your job in mid-season, but people sure get fired in mid-season so it's not just professional courtesy nor ethics. Must be in his contract. He certainly isn't going to rehab his pro OC image while he's at the Rams and not able to call the plays. This season has hurt his pro resume and the sooner he's out of there the better off he will be.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Jones last two tweets did not sound promising. And no....I don't think fans would be happy with guidugli or whoever the other person was that played football near Lexington unless it's a big name that noone realizes played fairly local.

The fact we even reportedly interviewed Gino guidugli for oc is depressing enough. Hiring him would be a massive let down

Jones last two tweets did not sound promising. And no....I don't think fans would be happy with guidugli or whoever the other person was that played football near Lexington unless it's a big name that noone realizes played fairly local.

The fact we even reportedly interviewed Gino guidugli for oc is depressing enough. Hiring him would be a massive let down
Jeff Brohm and Gino are the only ones I can think of that fit his description. Neither are overly exciting.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

I really don't take anything coming out right now very seriously. The last two times Stoops has done this, he's kept it very in house, until he basically had his guy locked up. Having Sexton as his agent, the agent for a ton of coaches, he can back channel a lot stuff without anyone ever knowing about it.

He wasn’t even good last year at Cincinnati. We have to be able to do better than that

I really don't take anything coming out right now very seriously. The last two times Stoops has done this, he's kept it very in house, until he basically had his guy locked up. Having Sexton as his agent, the agent for a ton of coaches, he can back channel a lot stuff without anyone ever knowing about it.

At this point it seems pretty certain guidugli was interviewed. Just for what position?

ADVERTISEMENT