ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones just tweeted new OC could be named tomorrow or Tuesday

Stoops, himself, said he was interviewing another guy later on the week. Sounded like the latter part of this week. Kind of strange Jones would say that with Stoops still interviewing.
MJ is clueless about football, but he is always willing to make a careful, nuanced statement like this one and take a chance that something happens. If it doesn't, never comes up again. But if something happens, he and his fans never stop talking about it. It is a click generating racket.

Sure sounds an awful lot like he's just passing off rowland information as his own; yet without a credit.

He obviously is usually the most connected person, but he needs to give a hat tip to others when he isn't the one breaking the news

the New OC may be named today or tomorrow. But if not, it could be next week. I think its Coen, but if not, there are other choices and they played football in the US and we will know them, if so, but maybe not.

great journalism

Jones last two tweets did not sound promising. And no....I don't think fans would be happy with guidugli or whoever the other person was that played football near Lexington unless it's a big name that noone realizes played fairly local.

The fact we even reportedly interviewed Gino guidugli for oc is depressing enough. Hiring him would be a massive let down
WTF is Gino Guidugli?

I've doubted the "Coen to UK" story almost from the get-go primarily because there's been no reporting from the LA sports media. There's no way LA ignores a story about a coach from one of LA's pro teams leaving to take a college job. No way LA media lets that slide. It's a fanciful story, would be epic....if true. Actually if we go back to Stoops PC he tells us when he said something like: "There's a lot of misinformation here" and we failed to listen. This Coen thing was driven by Jones and others looking for hits and wanting to be first with a story no matter how bogus. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong but I think we'll soon find out I'm not. Hopefully truth be told soon.

Reactions: maroon79
Sure sounds an awful lot like he's just passing off rowland information as his own; yet without a credit.

He obviously is usually the most connected person, but he needs to give a hat tip to others when he isn't the one breaking the news
Matt Jones acknowledging others or giving others credit for breaking news. Laughable.

He built his brand on me, me, me and MJ is the smartest boy in the room with nothing official until he says it is. He needs two or three yes men hanging around to confirm just how smart he is.

I don't get this
What has this guy been doing for two years ?
unemployed-unhealthy-scruffy-man-passed-out-couch-his-underwear-surrounded-cigarettes-junk-food-beer-bottles-39226267.jpg

Reactions: GridCats
I've doubted the "Coen to UK" story almost from the get-go primarily because there's been no reporting from the LA sports media. There's no way LA ignores a story about a coach from one of LA's pro teams leaving to take a college job. No way LA media lets that slide. It's a fanciful story, would be epic....if true. Actually if we go back to Stoops PC he tells us when he said something like: "There's a lot of misinformation here" and we failed to listen. This Coen thing was driven by Jones and others looking for hits and wanting to be first with a story no matter how bogus. I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong but I think we'll soon find out I'm not. Hopefully truth be told soon.
On yesterday's show Matt said he was 95% sure Coen was coming. If he's that confident, I'd say you can pretty much take it to the bank.

Several other more trustworthy people than Jones seem to think signs are pointing to Coen. Just i guess a matter of working out final contract details & figuring out the timing.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Gino is a Kentucky boy who set passing records for Fort Thomas Highlands, some of which still stand. Geez.
yeah, and he spurned UK offers to go play for Cincy. Of course we had Jared Lorenzen at the time so that might have been a deterrent. He would've had a hard time being a four year starter at UK like he was at Cincy.

ADVERTISEMENT