ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Jones Just Told JLo To Shut His Mouth

This is one of my favorite threads ever. Someone takes a comments so far out of context it's a modern marvel, and it turns into bashing Matt Jones. I'd bet 90% of the people on here bashing him or his show still listen and just come here charging into battle riding a keyboard.

No idea people like that existed out there and then you see their post , sure enough they out there . How does a brain learn to compute with such simplicity , as if emotion overwhelms rationality . Fascinating , on a pull my finger and fart level .

Every time there is a thread about Matt Jones all the haters talk about is his political views. Who cares which way he leans politically. His show is entertaining, informative and is not afraid to poke fun at others.

If you are a right wing conservative and don't like his show because he isn't, then don't listen. Just wait until Rush Limbaugh comes on so you can be one of his lemmings and agree with everything he has to say.

I don't agree with everything Matt Jones has to say but I still enjoy his show and will continue listening daily.

It has nothing to do with if he leans left, or right. It's a SPORTS show. He should fricken stick to SPORTS and stop trying to weasel in his political leanings and opinions. If I want to listen to politics, I will turn on Limbaugh, Rachel Maddow, etc. They are for that. Don't try to conceal your biases in non-political venues, like that pathetic comedian like Samantha Bee, etc. It's annoying, and more importantly, is insults my intelligence.

It has nothing to do with if he leans left, or right. It's a SPORTS show. He should fricken stick to SPORTS and stop trying to weasel in his political leanings and opinions. If I want to listen to politics, I will turn on Limbaugh, Rachel Maddow, etc. They are for that. Don't try to conceal your biases in non-political venues, like that pathetic comedian like Samantha Bee, etc. It's annoying, and more importantly, is insults my intelligence.

But it's his sports show. It is highly successful in his current format. Why change a winning formula. Matt advertises his show as University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible. He has said many times that you can't talk sports 24/7. You have veer off the path some. There is only so much football and basketball news out there right now. If Matt just did sports, his show would get old real fast rehashing the same story each day.

I ask you. What new sports story from yesterday do you want Matt to spend 1.5 hours talking about?

You can always choose not to listen.

Reactions: mdlUK.1
Funny thread.

Matt Jones' show -- very entertaining, I really enjoy it when I have time to listen. Matt's politics -- he wants to help, nothing wrong with that. Just hope he is careful in doing that. With power comes a lot of responsibility. I would love to sit down with Matt and try to understand why he believes what he believes, because I don't agree with 99% of it and I think he thinks he is middle of the road, but from what little I have heard him talk about, he's not.

Funny thread.

Matt Jones' show -- very entertaining, I really enjoy it when I have time to listen. Matt's politics -- he wants to help, nothing wrong with that. Just hope he is careful in doing that. With power comes a lot of responsibility. I would love to sit down with Matt and try to understand why he believes what he believes, because I don't agree with 99% of it and I think he thinks he is middle of the road, but from what little I have heard him talk about, he's not.

I just have one problem listening to Matt or supporting any of his efforts. Back when he started out I would go there and try to engage in some legitimate football talk, but the ridicule and downright ridiculous trashing of football that they allowed and condoned made me swear to never add to his post count or audience again------and I try to keep my word. Now I do have to admit I like some of Freddie's posts but I try to limit following him to posts of his that show up over here.

And his political backing of anyone rubs me the wrong way, endorsing another lawyer/politician pretending to represent the people and support the poor while amassing a fortune of about $156,000,000 (with Bill's help) when she has more dirty laundry than most convicts just rubs me the wrong way..

But what would you expect, he is another lawyer trying to cash in on the cash bonanza that belonging to the lawyer clique and having a law degree entitles you to. .

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Per usual, the mere mention of Matt Jones attracts a ton of morons who attack him for irrelevant reasons.

I especially enjoy the ones who look like total hypocritical bags because they don't like his politics.

I will say this, there is zero defense for his stance on UK football and why fans should just be happy with no expectations. This is especially annoying when it is coming from someone who made it clear in the past that he didn't follow UK football because it was beneath him and only began paying attention once it was wise for him to do so financially.

Yeah he is "aragonant," thats for sure. Thinks he is so damn smart because he can spell words in ways that are at least close to their actual spelling. Who does he think he is? And anyone who has the audacity to have a political opinion slightly different than mine....well it will be a cold day in hell before I ever give that person one morsel of respect. Matt Jones' problem is he doesn't think exactly like I do...and if their (or is it there?...who cares, grammar is for communists) is one thing I can't tolerate, it is anyone that doesn't think like me.

Go to hell Matt Jones...take your opinions about how to make the state better and shove them up your cake hole!!!!!

You actually know Sluggercatfan. It's your old friend "Danny" who used to call in to the show. You know, the "I'm Mr UK football fan", that constantly whines. He's gone full psycho on this board. If your name is mentioned in a thread, he shows up and says the same stuff, over and over again.

Use to listen a lot, but gave it up... got tired of his arrogant , self righteous a$$...he wants to tell everybody what their politics should be and he is promoting the biggest liar and crook (outside of her husband) that has every run for president...

Thank God you gave it up. No one wanted to listen to your whining calls anymore. Nothing worse than a clown that thinks he knows a lot about football (when you clearly don't), calls into radio shows, whines about everything under the sun, complains complains complains, then complains about people talking politics, when ironically you bring politics into every thread on this board. You need help my friend.

But it's his sports show. It is highly successful in his current format. Why change a winning formula. Matt advertises his show as University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible. He has said many times that you can't talk sports 24/7. You have veer off the path some. There is only so much football and basketball news out there right now. If Matt just did sports, his show would get old real fast rehashing the same story each day.

I ask you. What new sports story from yesterday do you want Matt to spend 1.5 hours talking about?

You can always choose not to listen.

Yes, It is "His Sports show." But, it's also my ears, and choice to listen or not. When he starts yapping about his political opinions, I do choose not to listen. There's ALWAYS something to talk about in sports...thus ESPN. Do you need 'fillers' sometimes? Sure, but there are a plethora of things going on in the world, outside of politics. If he wants a political show, or to use it as a vehicle towards a political career, then just drop the 'sports' in the title, and call it "Kentucky political hack radio." There's certainly a demand for it.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
Yes, It is "His Sports show." But, it's also my ears, and choice to listen or not. When he starts yapping about his political opinions, I do choose not to listen. There's ALWAYS something to talk about in sports...thus ESPN. Do you need 'fillers' sometimes? Sure, but there are a plethora of things going on in the world, outside of politics. If he wants a political show, or to use it as a vehicle towards a political career, then just drop the 'sports' in the title, and call it "Kentucky political hack radio." There's certainly a demand for it.

Then don't listen. Get Sirius and listen to Dan Lebatard. (he always has a sports topic[eyeroll]) It's not going to hurt Matts bottom line or his ratings. The show will continue as it is until Matt calls it quits and moves on to something else.

I just have one problem listening to Matt or supporting any of his efforts. Back when he started out I would go there and try to engage in some legitimate football talk, but the ridicule and downright ridiculous trashing of football that they allowed and condoned made me swear to never add to his post count or audience again------and I try to keep my word. Now I do have to admit I like some of Freddie's posts but I try to limit following him to posts of his that show up over here.

And his political backing of anyone rubs me the wrong way, endorsing another lawyer/politician pretending to represent the people and support the poor while amassing a fortune of about $156,000,000 (with Bill's help) when she has more dirty laundry than most convicts just rubs me the wrong way..

But what would you expect, he is another lawyer trying to cash in on the cash bonanza that belonging to the lawyer clique and having a law degree entitles you to. .
:football::football::football:[thumb2][thumb2][thumb2]:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Listened almost daily before politics damaged the broadcast. Rarely listen now,would love to debate him on his politics though! Shows his lack of real world experiences,maybe why he can't attract a girlfriend .

Reactions: rudd1
Listened almost daily before politics damaged the broadcast. Rarely listen now,would love to debate him on his politics though! Shows his lack of real world experiences,maybe why he can't attract a girlfriend .

0b9.gif

How do we arrange this debate?

BTW I listened to ESPN (Lebatard) during lunch today to see what hard hitting sports they were discussing. They started with the TE for the Raiders going on a double date with one of the Olympic gymnast some time in the future. They followed it up with mocking the the Bowling Green coach for his pep talk in extra innings last night. Just as I was coming back in they were in to music.

Last edited:
JLo may not be high on this year's team, but listening to the podcast yesterday it was clear he's a big supporter of UK football, and hopes they will do well, he just thinks, or so he said, we're still a year away. I'm more optimistic, but definitely recognize only 4 wins isn't out of the question by any means.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Matt's the worst...he needs to stick to sports (except football which he knows nothing about and should never talk about...except his show needs more football because he only cares about basketball) and get away from politics. He is an idiot on that subject because his opinion is different than mine and unless you have my opinion, you must be stupid.

Oh yeah and his hair is terrible and he went to Duke Law School which means he is a traitor. Plus he is mean to Ryan and can't hang up pictures.

Go Cats...Matt sucks

Didn't listen to the show, so I don't have an opinion about the Lorenzen thing. However, since this has taken on an additional wrinkle, I'll say this:

I have no problem with the show in general, and those who built the show up deserve credit; I presume it is fun to make a living focusing on a hobby you really enjoy.

That being said, Matt, I have a problem with your penchant for "selective facts" and ignoring other details that undermine your position. I also have had direct interaction with you where you were, shall we say, less than honest and forthright concerning an erroneous blog post.

I also get tired of the thin skin you often display. I get it that some callers are just argumentative jerks, but that seems like a small number compared to how you routinely act when challenged.

Getting into partisan politics also just feels like a bait-and-switch to me; the show was billed as UK sports with a splash of pop culture, but then I get DNC push-polling stuff. It just gets old.

Like most folks, there are good points and bad points. It's just that you seem to have a knack for accentuating the bad points. I've cut way down on listening for these and other reasons.

Probably teen mom is his favorite show

Didn't listen to the show, so I don't have an opinion about the Lorenzen thing. However, since this has taken on an additional wrinkle, I'll say this:

I have no problem with the show in general, and those who built the show up deserve credit; I presume it is fun to make a living focusing on a hobby you really enjoy.

That being said, Matt, I have a problem with your penchant for "selective facts" and ignoring other details that undermine your position. I also have had direct interaction with you where you were, shall we say, less than honest and forthright concerning an erroneous blog post.

I also get tired of the thin skin you often display. I get it that some callers are just argumentative jerks, but that seems like a small number compared to how you routinely act when challenged.

Getting into partisan politics also just feels like a bait-and-switch to me; the show was billed as UK sports with a splash of pop culture, but then I get DNC push-polling stuff. It just gets old.

Like most folks, there are good points and bad points. It's just that you seem to have a knack for accentuating the bad points. I've cut way down on listening for these and other reasons.
Boy are you in trouble, but also correct...thank you

Is this Matt Jones? You seem sort of overly butt hurt, that someone may have a differing opinion about Matt inserting his politics into his show. Or perhaps, it's a millennial thing, where you think anyone with a differing opinion must equate to hate or animosity?

Doesn't seem like I'm the one "butthurt" (what are you 14?) I do have a differing opinion from yours. Difference is I'm not getting torqued about it.

(BTW I think Matt is on this thread already under his secret name)

Last edited:
Reactions: mdlUK.1
I like Matts show. Hardly ever listen to all two hours, who's got time for that? I read the KSR website every day. Best place to catch up on all things UK. His politics are 180 degrees wrong though.

Matt's the worst...he needs to stick to sports (except football which he knows nothing about and should never talk about...except his show needs more football because he only cares about basketball) and get away from politics. He is an idiot on that subject because his opinion is different than mine and unless you have my opinion, you must be stupid.

Oh yeah and his hair is terrible and he went to Duke Law School which means he is a traitor. Plus he is mean to Ryan and can't hang up pictures.

Go Cats...Matt sucks

Well your political opinions do tend to suck. There are those of us who wont listen when folks veer from their forte and feed us the same tripe we see all over facebook/TV. Sports are an escape, you throw in reality. It doesnt mesh for many, BUT In an age where Jackass makes millions you have found a niche. Kudos to you on that. My guess is you will go down as our version of Jock Sutherland if you continue down the current path youre on.

Do the people who bash the "politics talk" even listen to the show? If they do talk politics, they don't get into issues and keep things high level... General... And fairly neutral.

The convention shows (especially RNC week) were some of the best radio I've ever heard.

Yeah he is "aragonant," thats for sure. Thinks he is so damn smart because he can spell words in ways that are at least close to their actual spelling. Who does he think he is? And anyone who has the audacity to have a political opinion slightly different than mine....well it will be a cold day in hell before I ever give that person one morsel of respect. Matt Jones' problem is he doesn't think exactly like I do...and if their (or is it there?...who cares, grammar is for communists) is one thing I can't tolerate, it is anyone that doesn't think like me.

Go to hell Matt Jones...take your opinions about how to make the state better and shove them up your cake hole!!!!!

There are few things more pathetic than someone trolling themselves.

I have never listened to Matt's show, but I hear he's very quick to throw the football team under the bus. Because of that, I have chosen to think ill of him.

I do find it pathetic that there are grown-ass men on this thread who are rushing to his defense to prevent his image from being tarnished. I like Glen Beck and Mark Levin and hate Sean Hannity. I sure as heck aren't going to spend my time defending their honor to complete strangers like I'm their bitch.

That's all.

Reactions: ukalum1988
I have never listened to Matt's show, but I hear he's very quick to throw the football team under the bus. Because of that, I have chosen to think ill of him.

I do find it pathetic that there are grown-ass men on this thread who are rushing to his defense to prevent his image from being tarnished. I like Glen Beck and Mark Levin and hate Sean Hannity. I sure as heck aren't going to spend my time defending their honor to complete strangers like I'm their bitch.

That's all.

You tell em' DA!!!! I agree with you...I have never listened to Matt's show either and I wouldn't know what he says on it. But the other day this dude at the post office told me that Matt said something I don't like...I can't remember what it is, but it was enough for me to decide that the is the worst!!! I like to do that you know...make my opinions about people without having ever heard them, met them or really know anything about them...makes life easier.

And you are right by the way! Taking up for people is what bitches do! Much better just to crush them anonymously! Thats how real men act!

Reactions: Mike-D and kydan64
^If that's really you, just back away from the keyboard and stay out of the fray. You're acting like Trump.

Off topic, but if you get an interview with either (or both) candidates, it will be enlightening to compare/contrast the tone and tenor of your interview with each.

Reactions: DA23_rox
I'm the total opposite of Matts politics and I usually just tune him out when he brings politics up. That said, he does need to cut down on it some. He sometimes nearly goes full segments talking politics.

But hes famous and I'm not, so he must be doing something right.

You tell em' DA!!!! I agree with you...I have never listened to Matt's show either and I wouldn't know what he says on it. But the other day this dude at the post office told me that Matt said something I don't like...I can't remember what it is, but it was enough for me to decide that the is the worst!!! I like to do that you know...make my opinions about people without having ever heard them, met them or really know anything about them...makes life easier.

And you are right by the way! Taking up for people is what bitches do! Much better just to crush them anonymously! Thats how real men act!

Exaggerating to create absurd strawman. In the 3rd person, no less. Odd

Reactions: rudd1
Then watch ESPN or listen to ESPN radio and stop complaining. I question how you can give a shit about most sports related topics at this time of the year, but do whatever floats your boat.

I don't listen daily, but I listen enough to know that they generally don't go very deep in to any political topics. Not even close to the way politically oriented shows do. Unless you just can't like anyone who has publically admitted to being a Democrat I don't get how it can bother you so much.

Anyone who gets legitimately upset about anything he says is taking him too seriously. I don't know him personally, but I would assume a lot of it is an act. If not, he's not worth the trouble anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrior_SW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT