ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland football player death and the toxic culture around that program.

There’s a fine line that coaches have to walk to push your players to get the max out of them and make them tough. But you cannot cross that line and you have to have a system in place to prevent it from happening. You need to know when your players are trying to fake it and get out of the work or when they are really in danger. Apparently this guy crossed the line and had no system in place..

The days of pushing kids to this level ended ten years or so ago, for this very reason. Iirc it was a KY kid that died at practice that caused alot to change.

I agree in general it's a tough call to determine where the motivational line is. But the procedures and protocols in place err on the side of caution and it's why they're there.

Even worse is the general atmosphere of the program. It's one thing to push kids out of love but quite another to push them out of anger.

Just an all around disturbing and disappointing story on a tragedy that was completely preventable

I just read the article, and sitting here trying to decide who goes to prison, forget the blacklisting from coaching, this is criminal behavior. I remember the strength coach when he was UF,he would get in the faces of opposing players who went out of bounds on the UF sideline. But quite a few of those S&C guys are off the wall, Bama's is always running up and down the sideline jumping and yelling but doesn't getting in opposing players faces. And sadly I have to admit the AD is a former UGA player and was our AD until getting pulled over on a DUI with a pair of red panties over his head, really in his lap, and the owner of those sitting in the passenger seat and wasn't his wife.

While Meyer is probably safe, Durkin is likely gone. And, his whole staff wth him.

I agree caveman, surprised? tOSH is doing everything they can to keep him, the fans are saying everyone but Urban is lying, yet he is the only one who has been prove to have lied.

As for Fuel in and that nut case S&C coordinator, they should be arrested and charged, then let Maryland do what it needs to do.

On a side note, the Big10 wants to talk down about the SEC and win at all cost, calling all of us cheated. Yet they are the conference who has had child molesters, domestic violence offenders, various sexual predators at multiple schools, nearly half the conference has had some kind of scandal happening the last 5-6 years. That isn't even counting the enablers.

Reactions: THE_OAK and childe
How many recruits will be committed by this time next month? Currently, they have nine. Four or more are from right there in the geographic area. But, a few of those kids have other choices.

And, who would take that job?

ADVERTISEMENT