ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley to Duke

Just got though reading on KSR and it sounds from them that he may have a hard time reclassifying. If you read the story he has been to many different HS's and was ruled ineligible his sophomore season due to transfer rules. But this is Duke so I will not be surprised if he is cleared to play.

what a crock of shit. How did Duke get him to reclassify and pick them? I'll be so glad when Coach K retires, steps down, dies, whatever. I miss Cal having no competition whatsoever in recruiting. From 2009-2014 he was hand picking his classes with minimal to no push back from ANY school.
It's not coach K ,it's Capel . He has basically been given every aspect of the program except actually coaching the games . This is one reason there has been turmoil the last few years. Capel makes promises that coach K doesn't keep. Same thing is going to happen this year . On paper they look practically unbeatable , but coach K is not the ego whisperer that Cal is . I'm thinking they're going to have some turmoil. Will they have enough talent to overcome?

You just gave Duke the title? Turn in your UK gear as you leave. I for one want to see K handle the huge egos that will be on this team. He hasn't managed so far.
This right here. There are some issues aready pending. We all know about Gracie. Now not one but two bigs who want to play stretch 4. Also bolden was transferring til he was convinced he would get to be the man. This team has the makings of a chemistry cluster freak even more than last year. These people dont grasp its more than just rolling the balls out. Their starting sf has slipped in the rankings Trent is around 15 now Diallo, Knox, Washington, and Vanderbilt all ranked higher now and Richards close. even Carter had fallen out of the top 5 before Bagley reclassified. I can see some issues with this duke team

you can bet your ass , they will be told this is Gaysons team and he is up for player of the year , so lets all go out and help him win that !

JIf you read the story he has been to many different HS's and was ruled ineligible his sophomore season due to transfer rules. But this is Duke so I will not be surprised if he is cleared to play.

Correct, he was ruled ineligible due to athletic transfer rules, not academics. Many High school athletic associations will not allow transfer for athletically motivated reasons and be eligible for that season.

You obviously don't understand how graduation works in H.S. Go do some research

Not even close, but keep propping this up. K has fully surrendered to Cal. It ain't even a question anymore. It's all about trying to beat Cal and UK.

You obviously don't understand how graduation works in H.S. Go do some research
Yeah, I understand. I also understand that K cancelled his trip for surgery all of a sudden when he hears Bagley is gonna announce. He cancels it so they don't play without him until he gets cleared. I'm sure a prestigious school like duke is easy to get into with 2 weeks before classes start and you just decided to reclassify.
It's a sham and everybody knows it. Bagley knows the NCAA will kiss the duke ring and let him play. Only school that could have gotten him in so quick.

Last edited:
It must stink being a UK fan, always losing out to Duke at the last second
Here's you a little factoid: Duke has only beat UK two times in the NCAA Tournament, 1980 and 1992. 1992 was UK's first year off probation against arguably Duke's all time best team (that won the national title the year before). It took Duke an OT, a bonehead move by Pitino and a last second prayer by Laettner to pull it off. Duke was supposed to win that game. Congrats, I guess. [eyeroll]

Edit: Duke is 9-12 all time against UK. Duke is 2-3 against UK in the NCAA Tournament. If you can do basic math, both are losing records. I can see why you think Duke is far superior, though. [pfftt]

Last edited:
what a crock of shit. How did Duke get him to reclassify and pick them? I'll be so glad when Coach K retires, steps down, dies, whatever. I miss Cal having no competition whatsoever in recruiting. From 2009-2014 he was hand picking his classes with minimal to no push back from ANY school.

Wishing death on someone over basketball? Cmon man!

ADVERTISEMENT