ADVERTISEMENT

Marvin Bagley III, the country's No. 1 basketball recruit, could skip senior year to play for Duke o

I don't think Bamba is that player, but I have only watched him play a few times.

Bagley reclassifying means he does not come to UK, IMO. I think the positions in the paint are already deep. I would guess he goes to USC, but Duke may be the spot. Without him, I feel Duke is going to be down this year and take its lumps.

Bagley may not come to UK, but if he doesn't, I don't think our depth will scare him. He starts and plays as many minutes at UK next year as Duke or anywhere else.

Knock gonna knock Meyer here, but it was only a matter of time when other people on there starting going with Duke. Tends to always change his pick within a day or two if the tide seems to be moving in that direction.

That's exactly what the crystal ball is supposed to be. It's supposed to be a tell of what's happening at that moment, not a final prediction up until the last moments. It's just a gauge as to what's going on with the recruitment at that time, it's ever changing.

I don't think Bamba is that player, but I have only watched him play a few times.

Bagley reclassifying means he does not come to UK, IMO. I think the positions in the paint are already deep. I would guess he goes to USC, but Duke may be the spot. Without him, I feel Duke is going to be down this year and take its lumps.

I disagree. If it were possible for Bamba to pick UK, then why not Bagley? I don't think he will but it has nothing with UK being too deep.

Actually, I have never read where Duke fans with actual knowledge said anything close to that about Bagley. All I read was that he was likely to stay out west.

Are these the same Duke fans who said basically the same thing about Trevon Duval until you guys got desperate for an elite PG? Lol - Capel is turning Duke into the UNLV of the East Coast.

That's exactly what the crystal ball is supposed to be. It's supposed to be a tell of what's happening at that moment, not a final prediction up until the last moments. It's just a gauge as to what's going on with the recruitment at that time, it's ever changing.

In that case they should rename it 'window'.

In that case they should rename it 'window'.

Yeah, you're probably right but some people on here bash guys for always changing their predictions. That's what recruiting is though, it's always changing. There is no exact science for making a predictions. It's just a guess based on the info you have at that time. People who get on here and make fun or bash guys for changing predictions is just ignorance. They don't understand the intent of the crystal ball or understand recruiting. There are always the very small percentage of players who go through the process and stay with one school all the way through but those are few and far between. Most of the time, a players recruitiment will go through many different levels of interest and have many leaders at different times.

I disagree. If it were possible for Bamba to pick UK, then why not Bagley? I don't think he will but it has nothing with UK being too deep.

In the realm of possibilities, both together were "possible." I did not mean to suggest a lack of possibility. I predicted. And, Bamba was indeed possible, as is Bagley, but Bamba is not a Cat.

And while our predictions are the same, we do disagree. It usually has SOMETHING to do with playing time.

I think bagley comes to Kentucky if he does reclassify, duke is a shit storm right now and what does uscs head coach offer as far as the nba goes that will help bagley.. But then again he could have Simmons/fultz type deal going on to..

Bagley fits pretty well at UK. I don't think we get him, though, but it will have nothing to do with personnel.

Bagley starts at the 4 for UK. Washington and Gabriel off the bench. Bagley slides to the 5 quite a bit as well. In Cal's system he can play a Davis type role, especially with Washington playing a Jones type role.

I would envision a rotation something like this:

G Green(30)/Diallo(10)
G Diallo(20)/Knox(20)
G Knox(10)/Vanderbilt(20)/Washington(10)
F Bagley(15)/Gabriel(20)/Washington(5)
F Richards(20)/Bagley(15)/Washington(5)

Bagley, Diallo, Knox, and Green get 30+mpg. Vanderbilt, Washington, Richards, and Gabriel get around 20mpg. Tight 8-man rotation to get the best guys the most minutes.

Does that even exist? Serious question. o_O

I get what you're implying, but Duke does have some very good insiders with good info. The insiders never said anything about Bagley having issues, bad grades, etc. They mentioned that he was likely to stay out west.

Duke has a lot of deficiencies. Adding Bagley helps with some, but creates other problems.

That is because those are uk dudes. They wanted to go to a school where they would be pushed the right way. They didn't want to learn how to play like a pussy.
This just makes me wanna hit the like button repeatedly, over and over. I like to refer to Duke's style of play as "bitch ball". Nonetheless, excellent post. Sums it up perfectly.

To all you Duke fans lurking on this board: I don't give a damn if Duke signed the whole top 10 in a particular class, K still wouldn't bring his team to Rupp to play. He'd still wanna play a home (Cameron) and neutral (NY or NJ) with UK. What a fearless leader of men y'all have. :pimp:

Reactions: HICATFAN
Bagley fits pretty well at UK. I don't think we get him, though, but it will have nothing to do with personnel.

Bagley starts at the 4 for UK. Washington and Gabriel off the bench. Bagley slides to the 5 quite a bit as well. In Cal's system he can play a Davis type role, especially with Washington playing a Jones type role.

I would envision a rotation something like this:

G Green(30)/Diallo(10)
G Diallo(20)/Knox(20)
G Knox(10)/Vanderbilt(20)/Washington(10)
F Bagley(15)/Gabriel(20)/Washington(5)
F Richards(20)/Bagley(15)/Washington(5)

Bagley, Diallo, Knox, and Green get 30+mpg. Vanderbilt, Washington, Richards, and Gabriel get around 20mpg. Tight 8-man rotation to get the best guys the most minutes.

Just WOW!!! What a freaking line up and team!!! I'd pay admission just to watch them warm up!!!

AlohaCat

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I get what you're implying, but Duke does have some very good insiders with good info. The insiders never said anything about Bagley having issues, bad grades, etc. They mentioned that he was likely to stay out west.

You do realize Bagley was caught up in the Hillcrest mess, and ended up enrolling in an accredited school that offers on-line courses. He may have made the credits up, but there was a lot of speculation for a while that he might have go overseas.

Reactions: wcc31
You do realize Bagley was caught up in the Hillcrest mess, and ended up enrolling in an accredited school that offers on-line courses. He may have made the credits up, but there was a lot of speculation for a while that he might have go overseas.

Don't forget about Duvall.

:joy: at these Duke fans with the whole copy/paste thing and pulling shit from this thread to their board. Yes, KellenPatrick, your coach will not play a home and home with UK. It's pretty common knowledge. He told Tubby Smith he would play UK at Cameron and then in NJ. See anything non factual there? Run tell that, bitch. Link that to your board. :popcorn:

ADVERTISEMENT