ADVERTISEMENT

Marquan McCall

Thanks! We're very hyped to get this young man and transform him into an NFL lineman.

I've watched him play 5 times live, You guys will be very happy with how hard he works...I have no doubt he will be on the all sec list in a few years...Very tough and talented kid.

As a Michigan fan, Harbaugh will regret not getting him.

Thanks. Any insight on Cass Tech's RBs?
Think we are looking at McCalls teammate as well who is a junior I believe.

I've watched him play 5 times live, You guys will be very happy with how hard he works...I have no doubt he will be on the all sec list in a few years...Very tough and talented kid.

As a Michigan fan, Harbaugh will regret not getting him.
Isn't knee surgery in his past?

He looked a little overweight in his signing day pic. He will probably need to lose about 20 lbs if he wants to play DT.

Reactions: Fadhi
The highest paying Job is left tackle on average.
He is not built to play OT. The main reason he signed here is because our coaches sold him on the fact that DT's make a lot more money in the NFL than OG's do.

The highest paying Job is left tackle on average.
That would not be relevant to this discussion, since McCall is not projected by anyone in the mainstream of the prospect projection business as an SEC offensive tackle. Has it occurred to you that McCall may have picked UK because he wants to be developed as a defensive tackle? McCall himself dodged this question, but our coaches have hinted at it.

To me he's our best prospect. The reason he's likely to play DL is because we don't have anyone that can do what he can do on defensive line. We'll have to see if that's his best spot or not but he looks to me like he can pull it off. No question he's strong enough and physical enough. If he can move quick enough to pressure the QB or make tackles at or behind the LOS then he will be good on defense. Based on the film we have of him I expect that he can.

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
Stoops mentioned in his presser that he would likely play DL. However, I take it that a final decision hasn't been made yet.

Maybe not, but I personally heard a defensive Coach at UK say, "he's going to be on our side of the ball."

I've felt this way for awhile now. Saw something on KSR that said we might need him in the DL next season to shore up the interior line. But that's the thing they were also saying on Ksr that he's been projected to play the Oline in college. I would be fine if we played him one year on the DL if we truly needed it. But if his best position is on the OL then I'd like for us regardless of need at the DT/NT to position put this kid on the interior of the Oline to carve out holes Snell and Koback for the future. If that's truly his best position that's where we should utilize him IMO regardless of need. But if for some reason we put him on the interior of the DL here's to hoping he's the next Geno Atkins! Honestly though in his videos the kid is straight pancake artist on the interior. Him and drake on the interior with young on the outside would be a truly amazing core for years to come at the OL spots. I really hope we don't put him at DT just based on needs we have for one season at the position if he's best suited as an OL.

Reactions: KintuckyWildCayuts
I really hope we don't put him at DT just based on needs we have for one season at the position if he's best suited as an OL.

Well, O-line and run blocking look pretty stable, right now. On the other hand, our d-line needs help.

I hope the coaches put him where ever he can most likely get us another notch higher on the SEC pecking order, and I expect that is their goal.

I think he would have a great possibility of being in the DL rotation next year, but would more than likely be redshirted if he plays OL.

He's not a LT prospect, OG instead. I think he wants to play DT which was a UK selling point. I'm just glad he signed, they can figure it out later.
Agree!
I think he get's a shot at NT.
That's IMO why he is coming to KY!
Let him start out where ever he want's to,because we need big guy's like him!

Evidently UK thinks he's a DT, otherwise they wouldn't have posted this on signing day.

DRfaJa_WAAA3DgN.jpg

Thanks for the heads up....games are won in the trenches, so we're glad to have this kid.

I wont say it's a 100% true but maybe 90% true and you can go back 20 years and almost every 4 star or high 3 star we got that had offers from big time schools, the bamas, michigan, ohio st, florida, etc... the way we got those kids is because the power schools were recruiting them for one position and kentucky tells them they can play their preferred position. That is a big thing for kids.

Do you think he will be more effective on the Oline or Dline?
The better question will be, where is McCall the best fit on our football team? Our only returning nose tackle is Quintin Bohanna. Our returning offensive guards are Bunchy, Stenberg, Fortner, Dolcine, Wolfe, and UK just signed Quintin Wilson and Kenneth Horsey. At his presser, Stoops said McCall is coming to UK because he wants to play on the defense. That pretty much tells us what we need to know.

I wont say it's a 100% true but maybe 90% true and you can go back 20 years and almost every 4 star or high 3 star we got that had offers from big time schools, the bamas, michigan, ohio st, florida, etc... the way we got those kids is because the power schools were recruiting them for one position and kentucky tells them they can play their preferred position. That is a big thing for kids.
This is not "90% true". There have been a handful of examples.

ADVERTISEMENT