ADVERTISEMENT

Mark Emmert opposes separating FBS Football from the NCAA

Of course he does, 2 sports are moneymakers for the NCAA, if one left how long before the other leaves? No profit in ruling the country club sports, softball, baseball, volleyball and the other not as popular sports. Not putting those sports down they just dont bring in the money m BB and football do. NCAA would soon cease to exist.

He actually has the nerve to try and make it about academics after letting UNC skate on one of the worse academic scandals in NCAA history. What a freaking joke.

Click here to read the scumbags comments

He figures in this climate of ignorance, drama, hypocrisy, and straight up nonsense people will just keep nodding without thinking hard and move on. Smart play by the biggest prick with the smallest schtick in college sports

Reactions: FltDoc
The single worst academic scandal in NCAA history (in my opinion).... and the NCAA was no where to be found, yet still want to somehow remain in charge?!

Academics... crack epidemics.. you say potatO he says PotentateHoe

Def all about the money FBS brings in. I hope the idea fails as well as I like the non revenue sports. The casual fan does not care but there are thousands of athletes working hard in baseball, softball, track, swimming, soccer, women’s basketball, etc. that would be devastated by this proposal.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Surprised Emmert remembered they played football.

pretty convinced he thinks his job is just to write contracts and collect stupidly large checks...

Of course he does, 2 sports are moneymakers for the NCAA, if one left how long before the other leaves? No profit in ruling the country club sports, softball, baseball, volleyball and the other not as popular sports. Not putting those sports down they just dont bring in the money m BB and football do. NCAA would soon cease to exist.
Hate to remind everyone but the NCAA doesn’t make money off of college football other than what it receives in ticket revenue from the FCS, D2 & D3 championships. They get nothing from FBS football. 90% of their revenue comes from March Madness. The other 10% is revenue from the championships of every other sport and member association fees.

Hate to remind everyone but the NCAA doesn’t make money off of college football other than what it receives in ticket revenue from the FCS, D2 & D3 championships. They get nothing from FBS football. 90% of their revenue comes from March Madness. The other 10% is revenue from the championships of every other sport and member association fees.
I was going to chime in with the same thing. All revenue from bowls and the CFP go directly schools. NCAA doesn’t get any of it.

ADVERTISEMENT