ADVERTISEMENT

Marijuana smokers anonymous...

Don't have a dog in this hunt but to say it has no effect on other peoples life is just incorrect. Studies have shown that States that legalized pot sales have seen an increase in automobile accidents and deaths with more drivers testing positive for marijuana. Want to smoke fine. just don't proceed to get behind the wheel of automobile.

There's some conflicting studies on that. Insurance industry says, compared to similar non-legal states, three legal states had increases in accidents. Another study found no increase in fatal accidents. And past studies into states that legalized medical marijuana found DECREASED traffic fatalities. The fact that state-by-state crash data has such large variability (Colorado increased 21% relative to Utah but 3% relative to Wyoming) means that the net 3% increase of legal states relative to non-legal states is a very iffy conclusion, especially considering the conflicting studies.

IMG_1305_zpsy6hlyvnw.png
Can anyone confirm that you DO NOT have to be a resident of the state to obtain a medical marijuana card?
In California some dispensaries ask you for an ID with your M card some don't. I went to one and got turned away, the very next one took my passport. The address on my card is the ramada inn in LA lol

accidents are up nationawide due to distracted driving. People aren't more dangerous because they use dope. The question is, will the use of the drug increase, will the productivity of these people decrease and will society suffer because more people are intoxicated publicly. We simply don't have the data to support either side of any argument yet.

I personally think our society condemns intoxication. No matter the substance. The problem with marijuana is that you can't smoke today's gonja and "not" get high.

It's an interesting situation we face.

IMG_1305_zpsy6hlyvnw.png

In California some dispensaries ask you for an ID with your M card some don't. I went to one and got turned away, the very next one took my passport. The address on my card is the ramada inn in LA lol
So what about Michigan? I think it's the closest state that allows it medically.

I've always had a problem with weed. I love it too much. I had a cocaine addiction that forced me to drop out of high school. Threw away baseball scholarships to Tennessee, Ole Miss, Murray, UT-Martin, and others. Went to rehab and never touched it again, but weed was still a crutch. Long story short, I cleaned up and redeemed myself, paying my way through community college and was able to graduate while playing baseball for Memphis. I went on to teach and coach high school, and I've watched weed destroy a lot of kids. Now I'm not saying everyone that smokes is a drug addict. I'm just saying that pretending people can't become hooked on weed to the point where it can ruin their lives is false.

I now own a small fleet and haul oversized loads and tankers. Wish I could smoke but can't.

Weed will never be legalized to the point where workers will be allowed to do it. It's always going to have liability issues. Maybe if they took it out of being a category drug substance, but that's not happening.

Not really taking a position unless asked, I love bud, and hope this post wasn't a buzz kill.

Oh btw, from a sober drivers perspective, whixh wouLd I rather be driving beside going 70?

Chinese/japanese female drivers < stoned driver. (Not a racist post, check liveleak)

Cell phone drivers < stoned drivers.

Oh btw, from a sober drivers perspective, whixh wouLd I rather be driving beside going 70?

Chinese/japanese female drivers < stoned driver. (Not a racist post, check liveleak)

Cell phone drivers < stoned drivers.

Shit man. I ain't by no means anyone to talk, but I'll smoke whitney houston's ashes for a buzz.

Shit man. I ain't by no means anyone to talk, but I'll smoke whitney houston's ashes for a buzz.

I bet her ashes would still get you high... and by that I'm referring to both her coke levels still in the ash, and your tolerance level.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Back when I used to get high and drive semi-regularly as a teenager living at home, I seemingly drove better - always set cruise at 3 mph over; made complete, crisp stops; always used turn signals; and obeyed all traffic laws to the T.

Why? Because dealing with the cops was scarier to a teenage mind than the real consequences of driving while intoxicated. I'm ashamed I did it, but luckily never hurt myself or anyone else while doing so.

Shit, now I'd rather be on the road at 2 a.m. on New Year's Eve within 2 blocks of most bars in any major city than to share the road with the texting/talking on phone soccer mom in a Tahoe who's running late for some kind of function.

Back when I used to get high and drive semi-regularly as a teenager living at home, I seemingly drove better - always set cruise at 3 mph over; made complete, crisp stops; always used turn signals; and obeyed all traffic laws to the T.

Why? Because dealing with the cops was scarier to a teenage mind than the real consequences of driving while intoxicated. I'm ashamed I did it, but luckily never hurt myself or anyone else while doing so.

Shit, now I'd rather be on the road at 2 a.m. on New Year's Eve within 2 blocks of most bars in any major city than to share the road with the texting/talking on phone soccer mom in a Tahoe who's running late for some kind of function.

I felt the same, although the only report I've ever seen on the topic was a news channel who did their own little study. The people driving stoned thought they were better drivers high, ended up failing several road test.

I think it depends on how much someone smokes and drives. I made a living doing it for 15 years, was a pro.

Still, I'd rather drive next to someone high than jap fems, American cell phone moms, or half the population on their morning xanax.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Weed will never be legalized to the point where workers will be allowed to do it. It's always going to have liability issues. Maybe if they took it out of being a category drug substance, but that's not happening.

Ultimately, it probably gets treated similarly to alcohol. You can't do it at most workplaces, it's illegal to drive under the influence, it's illegal to provide it to a minor, no public consumption, and limits to home production.

Reactions: morgousky
Ultimately, it probably gets treated similarly to alcohol. You can't do it at most workplaces, it's illegal to drive under the influence, it's illegal to provide it to a minor, no public consumption, and limits to home production.

Yep... I think you're probably right.

Testing needs to evolve too. I believe there is a test for the "concentration" in your system.

Since we're talking hallucinogens:

I haven't tripped since 2001. I was a shrooms guy, acid not so much. I once saw a tree change all four seasons right before my eyes in a matter of seconds on shrooms. It was awesome. The human brain mixed with severe food poisoning is a crazy thing.

When I was in high school I had an acid trip last 36 hours and I thought I was stuck. Wigged out pretty bad. I was trying to run with college kids and wasn't on their level. Five drops of liquid over 6-8 hours was too much for a 17-year-old amateur.

I've never tried acid. Maybe I'm a pu$$y idk- I've always been afraid of a bad trip. I've heard you have to be in the "perfect state of mind " or something . I dunno .

I have however tried Salvia, which was interesting... I def thought I was IN a cartoon / mixed with a real live version of candy land .

And my voice got superrrr deep. It last only about 4 minutes but ... idk I didn't like it that much Bc I was totally tripping to the point I had forgotten I had even taken the salvia

It's why I like weed. When smoking , even if I get "high" I still KNOW I'm high, I know why, I'm still somewhat functional etc
With the salvia and another time (ashganwnda extract - man that shit had me tripping ballls for like 9 hours ) I had no idea. So personally didn't like it as much

Since we're talking hallucinogens:

I haven't tripped since 2001. I was a shrooms guy, acid not so much. I once saw a tree change all four seasons right before my eyes in a matter of seconds on shrooms. It was awesome. The human brain mixed with severe food poisoning is a crazy thing.

When I was in high school I had an acid trip last 36 hours and I thought I was stuck. Wigged out pretty bad. I was trying to run with college kids and wasn't on their level. Five drops of liquid over 6-8 hours was too much for a 17-year-old amateur.

I've never done acid but have done shrooms. I feel like my stomach gets upset every 30 minutes for about the first two hours on shrooms so I don't really want to do them anymore. I've only done them around 7-10 times and they were only great once and pretty decent another 1 or 2 times. Other than that, I had a little buzz but not much else.

So what is your alls acid advice? Try it? Don't try it? Do half of a dose the first time or a hole dose? I'd love to hear your alls thoughts.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I've never tried acid. Maybe I'm a pu$$y idk- I've always been afraid of a bad trip. I've heard you have to be in the "perfect state of mind " or something . I dunno .

I have however tried Salvia, which was interesting... I def thought I was IN a cartoon / mixed with a real live version of candy land .

And my voice got superrrr deep. It last only about 4 minutes but ... idk I didn't like it that much Bc I was totally tripping to the point I had forgotten I had even taken the salvia

It's why I like weed. When smoking , even if I get "high" I still KNOW I'm high, I know why, I'm still somewhat functional etc
With the salvia and another time (ashganwnda extract - man that shit had me tripping ballls for like 9 hours ) I had no idea. So personally didn't like it as much

I'm with you in acid. I've heard the "perfect state of mind" stuff too and I'm like , am I EVER really in a perfect state of mind? Maybe I overthink it. I don't know. But other people talk about how great it is. If it's shrooms without the food poisoning then I'm down. If not, then I guess I'll wait until I'm in the mood.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I've never done acid but have done shrooms. I feel like my stomach gets upset every 30 minutes for about the first two hours on shrooms so I don't really want to do them anymore. I've only done them around 7-10 times and they were only great once and pretty decent another 1 or 2 times. Other than that, I had a little buzz but not much else.

So what is your alls acid advice? Try it? Don't try it? Do half of a dose the first time or a hole dose? I'd love to hear your alls thoughts.

Trav you definitely should try acid. Try crack and PCP too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT